Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round01,2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If anyone has any smart commends I can say to the idiots here please share. I have already used get back under your wooden spoon rock.

Just say:" Awww you guys are far too good at stirring, must be from all the wooden spoons you've collected!"

or

"**** off" - you chose the 4 letter word of your choice.

edit: Ah you've used the wooden spoon one. nvm

lol, I try not too but if last nights game was taped I would have been using the fast forward button as well. I watch other games by pressing the 40 second "jump forward" button which usually goes from first tackle straight to the 5th tackle.

Explains my rubbish tipping I guess.
Glad I’m not the only one that still refers to “taping” games rather than recording, streaming, downloading, or other new-fangled techno hipster-speak :happy: , and in relation to turning it off and on again I recommend to you “The IT Crowd” on Netflix, where this phrase is a mantra (very funny show).

Oh, and bugger about last night’s game. We’ll be better for the run.

Afb dumb penalties did not help. Young croker needs to be getting short balls to Thompson.
With passenger matt wright uate never seen the ball. Whats the point please pick parker.
Our captain and million dollar man missed a easy shot when in front, good go forward and kelly seems to be getting better. But trent roster use is pitiful pick perrett and sipley.

Glad I’m not the only one that still refers to “taping” games rather than recording, streaming, downloading, or other new-fangled techno hipster-speak :happy: , and in relation to turning it off and on again I recommend to you “The IT Crowd” on Netflix, where this phrase is a mantra (very funny show).

Oh, and bugger about last night’s game. We’ll be better for the run.

Taped!! Err ah umm oops I mean... digistreamziods cough

Have seen all the IT episodes (not too long ago) - very good! :)

Back on track.... Baz seems reasonably happy. Reckons just hang onto the pill and complete more than sfa of our sets and we'll be right!

Taking everything into account, a pretty disappointing loss really and i think that the reported only 67 % possession for Manly was one of the best indicators . The effort and commitment seemed there but as others have emphasised unforced errors and [ opportune ] piggyback penalties and surrendering good field position kept the Knights in the game . D C E sometimes needs better structured plays around him either with block plays or whatever , as good a player as he is [ and he did have a good game ], he is sometimes too predictable then and takes the wrong options . I really think that a fit and sharp Walker in the centres would have made a big difference but if not surely Parker and it is apparent that the inter change selection hardly helped Manly "s cause also . Maybe only game one but playing and getting beaten by an average side at best and when Manly still had the advantage for a good part of the match and opportunity to finish the Knights off , again just seems a very disappointing outcome . Every win is a vital win in this type of a competition and Manly "s present situation .

Just a personal observation and i really have not seen a lot of hid career but if Joel Thompson is on a reported 500 k or so per season for Manly and he seemed to put in a solid effort last night but i think that he is going to have to provide more impact then that to justify this price tag . Really hope that Manly can lock up the powerhouse Kelepi . an improving Lane , [ even young Oakla if he still seems to be developing in the lower grades ] and A P I on extended deals quite soon [ and the present cap situation wont "t affect this ] .These guys are or can be real impact players in future seasons for Manly .

Afb dumb penalties did not help. Young croker needs to be getting short balls to Thompson.
With passenger matt wright uate never seen the ball. Whats the point please pick parker.
Our captain and million dollar man missed a easy shot when in front, good go forward and kelly seems to be getting better. But trent roster use is pitiful pick perrett and sipley.

Haven't yet seen the game. How many times did M Wright pass to Uate? Then, how many times did he put Uate into space?

Haven't yet seen the game. How many times did M Wright pass to Uate? Then, how many times did he put Uate into space?
Ball never went to them.
Manly's game plan seemed to be busting up the middle. They never varied it sadly :(

Uate had his chance at redemption when Chez broke free of a tackle, only to look around for runners and found zero Manly players :confused:

Meanwhile Kels and Jorge were great. Apart from Jorge's inability to catch a bomb :cool:

Taking everything into account, a pretty disappointing loss really and i think that the reported only 67 % possession for Manly was one of the best indicators . The effort and commitment seemed there but as others have emphasised unforced errors and [ opportune ] piggyback penalties and surrendering good field position kept the Knights in the game . D C E sometimes needs better structured plays around him either with block plays or whatever , as good a player as he is [ and he did have a good game ], he is sometimes too predictable then and takes the wrong options . I really think that a fit and sharp Walker in the centres would have made a big difference but if not surely Parker and it is apparent that the inter change selection hardly helped Manly "s cause also . Maybe only game one but playing and getting beaten by an average side at best and when Manly still had the advantage for a good part of the match and opportunity to finish the Knights off , again just seems a very disappointing outcome . Every win is a vital win in this type of a competition and Manly "s present situation .
Yea DCE can be predictable but we need patience. Being predictable can come from being inpatient and like you said better structured play around him. We need to focus on our errors so we are left with at least a plan that can be executed. While i was at the game i noticed a lot of errors that in a 1st grade side should never happen, just simple stuff which can bring any team undone.Today's game requires little errors not like the 70's. Its a game of chess nowadays.

I saw plenty to look forward to from Manly. It's always deflating to lose in golden point. There was no giving up and lots of passion. No injuries. We'll only have a -1 points diff. We didn't lose to the wooden spoon players from last year. Nine new, including some very high profile players in n'castle now. The tin foil hat part of my brain points out it was almost like a script written for Pearce at his new club.
Bring on the slimeys. We'll smash them at Brookie.
Go Manly1

I saw plenty to look forward to from Manly. It's always deflating to lose in golden point. There was no giving up and lots of passion. No injuries. We'll only have a -1 points diff. We didn't lose to the wooden spoon players from last year. Nine new, including some very high profile players in n'castle now. The tin foil hat part of my brain points out it was almost like a script written for Pearce at his new club.
Bring on the slimeys. We'll smash them at Brookie.
Go Manly1
Pops, you are the "sunshine on a rainy day"

Yea DCE can be predictable but we need patience. Being predictable can come from being inpatient and like you said better structured play around him. We need to focus on our errors so we are left with at least a plan that can be executed. While i was at the game i noticed a lot of errors that in a 1st grade side should never happen, just simple stuff which can bring any team undone.Today's game requires little errors not like the 70's. Its a game of chess nowadays.

A big part of DCE's problem was that he is breaking in a new halves partner again. And this one, pardon the pun, is pretty green with very little first grade experience (at least Walker had plenty of experience behind him, and pace even if he was playing out of position). And that meant that he was back to doing the organising and lets be honest, that is the one part of his game that really does suck. And when he's forced to do more organising, his attacking game suffers and the flow on is that the team suffers.

Which is again why I think that Hastings should have been our 5/8.

If Croker is to be our 5/8, and I can see Baz persisting with him, then while he is still learning both he and DCE are going to need a lot more help from Tom and Api or we're going to suffer.

Look, it was definitely a game we’ll look back and think we should have won, but each season we have those. Tigers last year etc. I’m really excited by our forwards and think they’ll continue to roll teams this year. Once our attack clicks and our discipline is improved we’ll be right.

The elephant in the room is DCE’s lack of game management skills. He gets cut slack when the forwards don’t lay a platform for him, well last night they dominated the middle and he didn’t cash in on it. I find it no surprise that he isn’t in the origin mix because he just isn’t that “next level” style of player. Great off the cuff player, but no good at running an attack and managing a game. Last night was another example. We just lack that cool experienced head that can play the percentages. Killer was the last one that filled that role for us. Cherry needs to work on that aspect of his game if he wants to be considered in the elite class of player. He has all the other strings to his bow.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6