Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Missed the game because I’m in the Riverina for a wedding, but it sounds like Newcastle weren’t very good, we were worse, refs didn’t help and we kept making the same mistakes we’ve been making all year. Also, Croker and JetSki gone. Is that about it?

....and we're poo.

Missed the game because I’m in the Riverina for a wedding, but it sounds like Newcastle weren’t very good, we were worse, refs didn’t help and we kept making the same mistakes we’ve been making all year. Also, Croker and JetSki gone. Is that about it?
Was an improved effort last night and just like the round one clash, Manly had the advantage for a good portion of the match but just were not able to go on with it . Squandered some good field position and momentum again with some basic and costly errors , defence was still a bit off and some of the Refs calls certainly did not help Manly 's cause again either . Another frustrating and dismaying outcome .

I can't help but agree with TimmyQ above, in the sense Manly lost the 50/50 call, in fact have seemed that way in recent weeks.
Some is simply BS calls, pure and simple.
There is another element I feel is a massive contribution.
In every tackle there is a contest - the attacker and defender(s) fight to win the contact - then there is the wrestle which always gives a dominant player either way.....Manly are losing these 80% of the time, except the same 2-3 players who win this area.
The body language is also on display here and unfortunately the opposition are selling it better to the refs in looking more desperate to get off the ground in attack and defensively controlling our attackers , who often lay there looking at the ref for a penalty rather than fighting to show this.

you failed the challenge big time.

I even quoted your post in what i disagreed with in post #576 of this thread.

suggest you re read
I concede Fluffy.
Was off on and the forum last night like a kid with ADHD so I missed it. Read your response and agreed with it.;)
Enjoy your weekend as much as a Manly Supporter can.

Bloomin' eck, you couldn't script this better for the media vultures regarding croker and Hastings. What a bonus storyline they all just got.

Manly must have crossed paths with a whole clowder of black cats. fmd.

Tries: It's so exasperating that when Manly score the refs go to the bunker with "can you please check every pixel in super slo-mo from the beginning of the game to try and disallow this." Yet when it's the opposition it's like "hey bunker, near enough is good enough... what evs dude."

My observations from last night, I attended the game and only the diehard fans showed up!, 6 PM on a Friday night is a waste of time and the NRL do not give a toss about people who want to attend matches and no game before the main one makes it hard to get people to attend.

I saw a poor game, two teams, one who has just lost their key player and playing to a plan and having a belief, and the other totally down on confidence and losing the ability to win games.

The game for me was won and lost just before halftime, when Drugcastle were reduced to 12 men and we spent the next little bit conceding 3 penalties on the back of 3 dropped balls, I do not think I have seen a dumber period of play when we had the chance to really make it hard for them and wear them out.

To concede a try from dummy half to a player who pulled our pants down in round 1 and did the same thing was criminal!!

We plodded around and we were bereft of ideas on how to unlock their defence, our one gun player was forced to play 5/8 and it's just hot his position. Injuries are plaguing us right now and that is just compounding things.

Where do I start with our halves?? Wrong options from both of them, Croker had to pass outside instead of failing to score the first try of the game, DCE , errant kicks costing the team again and a lack of guile and composure from him when the game was on the line with 15 minutes left!!

I saw an effort from the team but no belief!! to see Jake sin-binned at the end told me that he is bloody over it. The boy put in a great shift and he was let down by some of his team!!

The club needs to get back on the training paddock and start working harder, time to stop flapping their gobs to the media and come out and show the league world that we are capable of competing.

The last 4 games have been very difficult to watch, its a time when you see the real fans against the hangers-on, stick with the guys, things can improve as long as we are honest about where we are, we drop the egos and ensure that the best 17 players that are available are out there playing!!

Just on the DCE knock-on which led to Ross scoring the winning try.....

Ponga had the ball....i.e. the Knights had possession. So how on earth does Cherry knock-on when he didn't have the ball? The only way he could have knocked on is if Ponga knocked it on into Cherry first.
DCE got his hand in there and touched the ball before it hit Ponga, not sure it went forward though given he was facing our goal line.

Hi Nicci,
The Manly club built the rod for its own back. The fans have no role in performance, salary caps, contract negotiations, selection of coaches/staff, and so on and so forth. We support the club uncompromisingly, with passion and blind faith. @BOZO sums it up well when he precludes poor performance from our mantra. The simple fact is we love the club, colours, history, legends...do I need to go on. We are all part of the fabric. We all hurt, we all feel the pain. We just ALL deal with it in different ways. But....WE WILL BE BACK ;)
Well said feathered friend .
A message to all the other NRL clubs
We will be back !!!
11206019_918197091571060_8572295032857828773_n.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4