Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just got home in an angry, despondent mood I look up Lachlan Crocker to see what's going on with him and up pops Newcastle Knights twitter feed that says:
7/ Lachlan Crocker goes over for Manly, but bunker sees a knock on and we escape.
Just tops off the night...

At least there was effort.
I don't think I'll hang around for the negative onslaught. Our team has about 20 players V 30 now.
Up against it.
In for the long haul.[/QUOTE
Okay up for the challenge.
So @Zimbalist @Fluffy you disagree that the team tried - they wanted to lose.
You disagree that we don't have a squad of say 20/21agaunst squads of 30?
You disagree about being in for long haul with the club situation?
Disagree away.
From my point of view this is one of the toughest situations Manly has ever been in.
But I'm with them in this situation as they're my team.

The cruel cruel irony of RL ,Croker has his best game by far and actually looked pretty bloody good and bang season ending injury
Refereeing is just diabolical iether inept or corrupt I suspect the latter with a bit of that bald headed 24 carrot 7th dan black belt c@@t adding his 2cents
Pluses
-Paseka Lane AFB
-DCE trying so hard he touches the ball a lot so there will be errors he needs a decent 5/8 and it’s not API
-Taupau great meters just hold onto the bloody ball
-Trent will have to get Jacko now
-I would also get Tom Wright on the bench instead of Browny
-brown at Hooker is not good API needs to be there hence Hastings to 5/8 !welcome back Jacko
Anyway safe to say we won’t get within a bulls roar of the GF so may as well get some game time for the younger ones that we see as 1st grade potential
I have calmed down now after watching that so have a good weekend everyone

a massive rainbow right over Brookvale right now, a good omen if ever I saw one. Should be a ripper tonight, Go Manly!
Yep, as I approached Brookie there was huge rainbow (actually 2) brightly shining down on Brookie, and I thought that was great omen for us. How silly of me :shake:

Seemed to be some better commitment and intent tonight but line speed and hesitation and some bad reads in defence is still a real problem .[ probably because their confidence level is still down quite a bit ] Still also continuing to let themselves down and stalling momentum with some critical errors. Run of bad luck injury and disruption wise also continues and the 2 nd half call against D C E seemed wrong and was pivotal . Hope that the club can secure Lane and Paseka for future seasons to complement A F B and Marty , Jake was all effort tonight , Thompson is a solid toiler but not worth his pay grade . Perrett ineffectual , Jet ski misses too many simple tackles .Knights have been going well but without Pearce should have been very beatable tonight , i am sure the Manly players care about their performances but as a team and even with some disruptions , still can not put it together for the full eighty . [ and in reality that can not be attributed to Barrett in any major way ]

Barretts press conference was disappointing. Saying the tried hard and effort was there.

I dont cop that. They had ample time and occasions to seal that game. Lack of class, composure and leadership was the problem.
he should call a spade a spade and not pander to the players ego.

No saying Barrett is the problem, but he could be the solution. He should harden up and lay down the law. What does he have to loose?

Just got home in an angry, despondent mood I look up Lachlan Crocker to see what's going on with him and up pops Newcastle Knights twitter feed that says:
7/ Lachlan Crocker goes over for Manly, but bunker sees a knock on and we escape.
Just tops off the night...
Never mind and very hopefully there will still be some better times and occasions ahead for Manly this season and full praise to yourself and ALinder and all of the other dedicated and loyal Manly supporters who attended tonight"s match

Agree - I can't help thinking we won't be at Brookvale (or NSW for that matter) in ten year's time. It's a depressing thought and I hope I'm completely off the mark.
Nah, wouldn't be depressing if they relocated to the fantastic world class boutique stadium in Hong Kong, and became the Manly Dragons. Truck load of TPAs over here too. ;)

Disagree away.
From my point of view this is one of the toughest situations Manly has ever been in.
Only 17 play any game on the field, or don't play.

Just on the DCE knock-on which led to Ross scoring the winning try.....

Ponga had the ball....i.e. the Knights had possession. So how on earth does Cherry knock-on when he didn't have the ball? The only way he could have knocked on is if Ponga knocked it on into Cherry first.

Just on the DCE knock-on which led to Ross scoring the winning try.....

Ponga had the ball....i.e. the Knights had possession. So how on earth does Cherry knock-on when he didn't have the ball? The only way he could have knocked on is if Ponga knocked it on into Cherry first.

Baffling call. I used to get upset with them but now I’m actually just in awe of how many ways the NRL can **** us over.

We can go in either 2 directions: The likes of Matt Wright ;
Lewis Brown ; Jono Wright ; who are past there best and won’t improve- or go for some talent that will improve and could be great players moving forward.
Look at Paseka - he is playing better now in NRL than he did in u/20’s.
That’s why the likes of TOM Wright should be given a chance .
And hope for us all - rather then old players nobody else wants.

Barretts press conference was disappointing. Saying the tried hard and effort was there.
They tried too hard in the second half
I dont cop that. They had ample time and occasions to seal that game. Lack of class, composure and leadership was the problem.
he should call a spade a spade and not pander to the players ego.

No saying Barrett is the problem, but he could be the solution. He should harden up and lay down the law. What does he have to loose?

Disagree away.

you failed the challenge big time.

I even quoted your post in what i disagreed with in post #576 of this thread.

suggest you re read

Missed the game because I’m in the Riverina for a wedding, but it sounds like Newcastle weren’t very good, we were worse, refs didn’t help and we kept making the same mistakes we’ve been making all year. Also, Croker and JetSki gone. Is that about it?

What I observed was last night every 50/50 call went the Knights way. I thought home ground advantage meant we'd get the rub of the green - but we certainly didn't. Today I saw the penalties were like 11-10 So on face value you'd think fair enuff. But fair dinkum I can barely recall one set the Knights started deep in their half when they didn't get a leg up bullsh1t penalty on tackle 4/5. We got a few penalties in quick succession to even the numbers but they were the soft ones when we were attacking giving the Knights time to set their defence again. That's the annoying thing for me out of the game. Had we got the preferential treatment I think we would have won. Bloody frustrating.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2