Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TL-MAN18.png

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matthew Wright
3. Dylan Walker
4.Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate
6.Lachlan Croker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-blake
9.Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15.Shaun Lane
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Taniela Paseka

18. Frank Winterstein
19. Jonathan Wright

We need:
Croker to magically turn into a game manager.
DCE to play to his ability.
The forwards to bang crash bang crash.
Walker to return to form.
Jake to be Jake again.
Hold onto the ball.
The gumption to get the **** over the guaranteed early tsunami of penalties.
No injuries.
No poo game time - take that as you will.
Easy peasy!
Manly by plenty!!

TL-MAN18.png

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matthew Wright
3. Dylan Walker
4.Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate
6.Lachlan Croker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-blake
9.Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15.Shaun Lane
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Taniela Paseka

18. Frank Winterstein
19. Jonathan Wright

18/19 won’t get a run unless we have an injury or two!!

Sadly just words!!

They have to prove to us they are better than they have been, to be 100% honest I’m yet to be convinced that it won’t be the same as the last 3 weeks!!

The mould has been set,and it will be broken at some stage but I think it will be when we least expect it!

yeah that Buhrer... so full of it!

You do know he plays for the Knights now...? lol

I see that Perrett and Jono Wright named in Blacktown ISP team, so do they drop out of 19 ??

A lot of people have already drawn a line through Croker's name and whilst I admit I haven't been overwhelmed by his performances this year, I've tried to stay positive. I really want him to succeed but he'll be walking into the last chance saloon if he doesn't break the shackles tonight.
In some ways, his form is reflective of the team, he needs an A+ game to get the monkey off his back.
Good luck Lachlan

A lot of people have already drawn a line through Croker's name and whilst I admit I haven't been overwhelmed by his performances this year, I've tried to stay positive. I really want him to succeed but he'll be walking into the last chance saloon if he doesn't break the shackles tonight.
In some ways, his form is reflective of the team, he needs an A+ game to get the monkey off his back.
Good luck Lachlan
Honestly, who replaces him ?? there is no one in the current squad who offers anything better than Frog.

- do we put Walker back there ? - abject failure last year
- M Wright ? - probably be solid enough but no upgrade on Frog and certainly not going to trouble the top 4 with him at pivot
- T Wright ? - nowhere near ready IMO
- Lussick - see comments above for M Wright
- Api - don't rate him as a half myself, plus you also weaken another position trying to fix this one

The only viable option is Hastings and he has been ostracised. Croker has the job for the rest of the season unless we sign someone.

Failing that, Barrett has to fall on his sword and pick Cletus and then what sort of message does that send.

Honestly, who replaces him ?? there is no one in the current squad who offers anything better than Frog.

- do we put Walker back there ? - abject failure last year
- M Wright ? - probably be solid enough but no upgrade on Frog and certainly not going to trouble the top 4 with him at pivot
- T Wright ? - nowhere near ready IMO
- Lussick - see comments above for M Wright
- Api - don't rate him as a half myself, plus you also weaken another position trying to fix this one

The only viable option is Hastings and he has been ostracised. Croker has the job for the rest of the season unless we sign someone.

Failing that, Barrett has to fall on his sword and pick Cletus and then what sort of message does that send.

I certainly can't disagree with your summation and with our salary cap appeal seemingly dragging on forever I can't imagine any foreseeable change in our situation. You'd have to think Matt Wright is next cab off the rank but it's hardly an inspiring choice because we're still just treading water waiting for next year.
I can live with the fact that it's a rebuilding year but I was hoping we'd at least have our spine sorted so next year we were in with a shot.

Hopefully Manly are smart enough to exploit Nathan Ross and Connor Watson’s weak defence tonight. Ross in particular struggles because he reads the play so poorly - to go with a terrible technique.
And kick to Ken Sio side who is shaky - therefore nullifying Ponga who is not as potent running from left to right.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6