Pre-Game Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 32
Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn't think I would mind who came in for Koula but when I saw Harper's name, I instantly felt disappointed. Funny! Anyway, he's there now so he better be on his game coz it's not going to be easy.

Harper is the next best centre at the club and he's not as bad as people make out.
Not sure why people are surprised he was selected given he’s been named in the squad most weeks so far this season.And he seems to play ok after being dropped,like he has a point to prove.Not sure who the “young blokes” people thought were going to come in with minimal disruption to the team

At least we'll know where Knights will be going to all game. Our right side was always a little dodgy but Best will be chomping at the bits

I think some people thought Des had lost it and was the only reason players like Harper, Parker, Croker ever got selected, and under bright new management that wouldn't happen.

Not sure why people are surprised he was selected given he’s been named in the squad most weeks so far this season.And he seems to play ok after being dropped,like he has a point to prove.Not sure who the “young blokes” people thought were going to come in with minimal disruption to the team
Surely Weekes could learn, considering Koula is out for an extended period?

Yeah, I'm not really sure who is better to step up at this point but the game I saw him play against the Bulldogs in R1 did not fill me with any confidence. Let's hope he does ok.

I don't think he has much experience as a centre. More to the point, we probably see him as that X-factor guy off the bench like the one the Eels want.
True. But I would still rate him, Garrick, Burbo, and Tuipulotu as being better options at centre. Hell I reckon Ola'akautu could hold his own if he had to. Tbh, I'd have Aaron Woods ahead of Harper. I'm gutted that Harper is the best we can come up with. Not a first grader. Never was. Never will be

I think some people thought Des had lost it and was the only reason players like Harper, Parker, Croker ever got selected, and under bright new management that wouldn't happen.
As an ex-school teacher he probably enjoyed the

Thematic and Lexical Repetition in a Contemporary Teamsheet​

HaslER, CrokER, HarpER, ParkER

Why move him to a position he doesn’t play and out of the 14 spot that he has filled so far this season?Less disruption the better
Fair point.
For what it's worth Papenhuysen started his NRL career from the bench, 13 times actually, and that was enough to showcase his talents to the point it was impossible to leave him out.
Kayo has that opportunity now.

Can someone please explain where we are at with GCKT. He was 18th man in round 1 when he was apparently not in our top 30 and hasn't been in an extended squad since, we've had that deadset terrible trade with the Dragons today which has supposedly opened up room for him and he's still not there?

Today's teamlist with Harper back feels a bit like a Des teamlist, though I'm not concerned as we should belt the Knights anyway. But the lack of a proper 9 is going to keep hurting us against quality teams as we saw vs Souths and will likely see vs Penrith next week. Not even asking for Croker to be dropped - just get Gordie on the bench!

Why move him to a position he doesn’t play and out of the 14 spot that he has filled so far this season?Less disruption the better
I would have thought this is self-explanatory. Harper doesn't compare to Weekes in everything except experience. We have well and truly seen the best of Harper, but will most likely never see the best of Weekes in a Manly jersey. Didn't we all think after a couple of backline injuries, that Weekes would be next in line? How is it any more disruptive to put Lawton at 14 and Weekes to replace Koula? If Koula was out 1 or 2 weeks fine, but is this seriously the direction the club is taking for 2023?
P.s. everyone here whinged about playing young talent out of position. I would have thought a fullback/five eight would be a lot closer to centre than hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4