Pre-Game Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 32
Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by the work over the Knights put on Sebastian Criss, Tommy can expect the same.
You could hear Flannos biro working overtime in his notebook while in commentary. I’m sure he had some key takeaways from the game.
With Mann out, hopefully they elevate Phoenix Crossland to a run on spot. My god he is average. Comes up with multiple errors anytime I’ve watched the Knights.

off to Mudgee!

(Manly, not me)

Anyone going?

Who do the crowd usually get behind?

So if previous history is anything to go by we should win this one by plenty if Croker is playing. But if we are stuck with Lawton again I am not so confident of a big win. At least he will have some match fitness though and another week of fine tuning his passing game.

If Seibold and co are smart (which they are) this early stage of the season will be about setting standards of consistent effort and aggression and attention to detail in the basics. The focus will probably be on keeping the Knights to a small total rather than using flash attack to outscore them (my guess anyway).

If Seibold and co are smart (which they are) this early stage of the season will be about setting standards of consistent effort and aggression and attention to detail in the basics. The focus will probably be on keeping the Knights to a small total rather than using flash attack to outscore them (my guess anyway).
A very very good coaching option.

Whilst F & A is great to have , we know defence wins games, stifle them and we win through their mistakes.

A very very good coaching option.

Whilst F & A is great to have , we know defence wins games, stifle them and we win through their mistakes.
Yeah. Defence was the biggest failing Manly had last year, gave up about 25 points per game. If we want to be a serious contender that must be fixed!

And I think the fact they're playing at Mudgee could be good. Good crowd support and a change of scenery. I think there are good vibes there for them. Certainly better than the home game at Suncorp.
It's virtually our 2nd Brookvale oval. Love the support we get from the Mudgee faithful.

No Kurt Mann you would think after being KO'd in a tackle. Interesting to see that Dom Young is playing reserves, surely he'll get a call up.

If we beat souths I think manly would be complacent this week. The close loss to souths will hopefully focus the team to work even harder.

I have been very impressed with the Knights commitment this year ... they have grown a steel backbone .... even against Tigers when everything went wrong and kept going wrong all game ... they never gave up ...

Predict a win .... but we'll work for it ...
Good to know …. Tipping Comp leader!

Going by the work over the Knights put on Sebastian Criss, Tommy can expect the same.
You could hear Flannos biro working overtime in his notebook while in commentary. I’m sure he had some key takeaways from the game.
With Mann out, hopefully they elevate Phoenix Crossland to a run on spot. My god he is average. Comes up with multiple errors anytime I’ve watched the Knights.
It'd be great if Flanno can commentate on the team Manly are due to play the following week. He can take down notes on strengths and weaknesses and come up with a winning gameplan.

So a coach needs to be in commentary to watch a game and take notes? I don't get it. If anything, being in commentary would detract from serious game planning

Massive danger game for us but as long as we do not get Ben Cummins as ref, we will have half a chance. I still have nightmares from past knights games where he as been in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4