Post-Game Discussion Manly v Eels [Round 21, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
20 4 Pines Park
05 Aug 2022 19:55
76th minute

Match Stats

Any Dr's in the house, we need heart transplants urgently, Maybe even a hypnotherapist a lot of them loose concentration easily..

Disappointing to say the least, again can’t see a game out
Sure Harper’s try I believe should have been a try , Blake’s try to me I thought the ball on the line is out. Those things change the game .
To be honest though too many games they should have won and they didn’t , Manly don’t deserve to play finals

Paseka promises so much, but delivers nothing. Burbo doesn't deliver anything at all. Players that try hard are leaving and no worthy players to replace them. The drought has set in and looks like it's here for years to come.

It was only going 1 of 2 ways. Play with unity and spirit, like a team that wanted to play finals. Or look like a divided and disinterested team that just wants the season to be over. We got the latter.
It wasn’t even like Parramatta appeared to want it more, to me they just went thru the motions, knowing they weren’t going to lose.

Just beaten in the end by a better side, we ran out of gas. Parra moved the ball around the ruck and Koula was lost out there tonight.

Turning point was Harper's no try and then next set Blake scores a lucky put down on touch line but in the end parra's off loads and strong middle were hard to contain and Dylan Edwards and Gutho took advantage

Eels will be hard to beat for the premiership this year. They play really direct and have heaps of footy in em. I despise them but from a football analysis perspective, the way they dip their edge players into the line and use offloads, before playing eyes up footy, is really effective.

Eels will be hard to beat for the premiership this year. They play really direct and have heaps of footy in em. I despise them but from a football analysis perspective, the way they dip their edge players into the line and use offloads, before playing eyes up footy, is really effective.
Similar to how cows are playing. Very hard to contain

Well boys and girls, looks like 2022 is done for the mighty sea eagles.

Been a year of ups and downs. That game really sums it up for us, but at least we can put this year to bed and hopefully during the off-season we hear some glimmers of hope.

The injury to turbo, our form gaining momentum without him, our lapses in the end of games, the rainbow jersey saga. It’s a year I’d rather forget and let rest footy wise.

I already feel the emptiness in my soul that footy season is over and it’s going to be a long summer. Can’t wait for March 2023.

Poor old fozza prob played his last game in maroon and white, even tho he left in crappy circumstances the first time he’ll always be a club legend in my eyes and we’ll be poorer without him here. Hopefully he comes back in some capacity when his playing days are behind him.

In the off-season I hope if there is a rift among the playing group that it is well and truely buried. I also hope the whole rainbow jersey saga is put to rest permanently. Whether they’re stance was a stance for religion, and whether we were happy with their decision or not. It’s done and dusted let’s bury it and support our boys.

Losing is never easy and is always a bitter pill to swallow. But losing to the fecking worms twice in one year - makes me violently sick. Now I’ll have to hear their supporters for the rest of the season thinking is their year to lift the trophy. But the one good thing is I’ll be able to say “I’ve never seen the eels lift the trophy in my lifetime, and I don’t ever plan on seeing it happen” good omen.

Take care all!

Yeh we’re a long way off
We struggle against top 8 teams
The first 2 loses this year were the early signs
We can beat teams like tigers knights and bulldogs
That’s about it really

Shaun Lane got one back for Gladstonegate tonight.

I shudder to think what we are going to do for attack next year without Foran, he is the only one who knows how to straighten the attack and go deep into the line. Saab looked good beacuse of Foz giving him good ball

Another nothing game from DCE, just so maddeningly inconsistent and I still see people lining up to defend him with excuses. Crazy.

Koula must have been affected by that head knock as his usually solid defence was poor tonight in second half. Garrick got burnt bad a few times too.

Was an entertaining game in first half, but to sadly capitulate like we did was disappointing. Pretty much a reflection of our season. Too hot and cold and no real mettle in this team on the whole.

Shaun Lane got one back for Gladstonegate tonight.

I shudder to think what we are going to do for attack next year without Foran, he is the only one who knows how to straighten the attack and go deep into the line. Saab looked good beacuse of Foz giving him good ball

Another nothing game from DCE, just so maddeningly inconsistent and I still see people lining up to defend him with excuses. Crazy.

Koula must have been affected by that head knock as his usually solid defence was poor tonight in second half. Garrick got burnt bad a few times too.

Was an entertaining game in first half, but to sadly capitulate like we did was disappointing. Pretty much a reflection of our season. Too hot and cold and no real mettle in this team on the whole.
Honestly it’s like they don’t go for Manly, they go for the DCE football club. It’s crazy, I can’t comprehend it. Don’t get me wrong, the loss isn’t his fault but he clearly can’t lead, clearly can’t inspire and clearly can’t manage a football game like a halfback should.

To be any chance next year we need to have Singe condition the players much better than he did this year !!

Losing Walker and Foran is massive we need to buy some replacements.

If we get improve our defence and conditioning we score enough points to win any game.

Just got home from the game. My observations are
We are absolutely screwed in attack next year without Walker and Foz.
DCE is a just a liability in defence. Constantly comes in and leaves his outside men outnumbered.
Our forwards are just too slow.
I can see us bottom 4 next year unless we cut DCE salary in half and find some decent forwards.
WTF is going on with Schuster. Can someone explain why he's not playing. If he's injured then why was he 18th man.
The club is a fu*king shambles at the moment. The minor grades are a joke , there's nothing the inspires me to think we are going anywhere but backwards.

Manly forwards were dominated when Marty was on the field. Our points and momentum came when Marty was off the field. Familiar story?

Just got home from the game. My observations are
We are absolutely screwed in attack next year without Walker and Foz.
DCE is a just a liability in defence. Constantly comes in and leaves his outside men outnumbered.
Our forwards are just too slow.
I can see us bottom 4 next year unless we cut DCE salary in half and find some decent forwards.
WTF is going on with Schuster. Can someone explain why he's not playing. If he's injured then why was he 18th man.
The club is a fu*king shambles at the moment. The minor grades are a joke , there's nothing the inspires me to think we are going anywhere but backwards.
What on Earth has Schuster done to deserve a starting jersey? He deadset played himself out of the team. Des gave him enough faith and chances and he laboured on like it meant nothing.

Just got back from Brookie and to say I’m gutted is an understatement. Listening to their fans was the final straw.

We faded like a hypercolour t-shirt.

In the end, they just ran straight through us. It was embarrassing to be honest.

Foz was our best and he’s going. Not looking good because from what I’ve seen so far from Schuster is underwhelming to say the least.

What’s with Saab refusing to take on the fullback ? Two or three times he was put away and he went with the kick inside. Someone with his pace should feel confident that he would be a good chance of beating the last line.

The new stand looks good. Trying to end with a positive.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8