Pre-Game Manly V Dragons [Round 15, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 14
4 Pines Park
16 Jun 2024 02:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's not so much that we lost to Penrith (I think most of us expected this anyway), it's moreso the fact we led 12-4 before letting them back into it in those 10 minutes before halftime, them being the dominant side they are running over the top of us in the 2nd half. It's not the first time we've blown a lead this season and we've done it against sides much worse than Penrith. That and the fact we beat them 2 months ago (when both Edwards and Martin were playing too) and you can see why some may have had higher expectations going into the game, I do agree we were just beaten by the better team on this occasion though.

The big difference there being the first game was at Brookie. Our away record is putrid but at home it feels like we can beat just about anyone, that's why I'm expecting a big performance this Sunday. Almost must win with the Dragons 1 point above us on the ladder
We just can't handle quick play the balls and Jake, Burbo & Lawman try to slow them up but just give the opposition a leg up with 6 agains and penalties ... we are too freaking slow

Some credit needs to be given to Penrith too. They played well. 92% compketion and I think it was 92% tackle efficiency too.

Not to say we weren't poor defensively because we were, but I feel this forum so ofte overlooks the other team.
I think it’s fair to say by the closeness of the results, that manly do rise to the occasion. The truely annoying part is they don’t rise above, they are almost always just below. Just imagine if they actually had a standard they could maintain or effort that they brought each week. You can forgive a loss to Penrith no problems….its the spineless efforts against Canberra, dolphins, saints and the wasted games vs warriors broncos and parra that define us. I care far less about beating top 4 than I do winning the games we should. We have a right to be down on this team. I just hope they also see another year of waste unless something changes. If they don’t care nor should we. Let them play in front of away fans only

Sea Eagle 4 Life

Reserve Grader
We are below the top eight because we lack the C C Chemistry
The Great Manly premiership winning teams of the past were *C*onsistent *C*ompetitors
Their Competitive Winning Coach Inspired his team with C C Chemistry

The moral of the story ...
Dont say Seibold
Say C C
View attachment 27293
We lack corn chips???

1718095492589.png

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know this place likes to be all doom and gloom.

But surprisingly we haven’t been beaten by more than 12 this year. Been in the contest every game except the Dargons game.

I hope we win the Flanagan cup this Sunday.
We are no where near as bad as the brethren on here reckon.

We aren’t great mind you , but yes we haven’t been flogged once.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
We are no where near as bad as the brethren on here reckon.

We aren’t great mind you , but yes we haven’t been flogged once.
Mate you've been watching this club as long as I have. The 70s , 80s , 90s, up to 2013 this club's pride in the finals series , GF and premiership years was always the ability to defend adversity. This mob gives me absolutely no confidence we can defend any type of adversity. It's pea heart stuff at times , ill disciplined and at times confusion.
What's the use of scoring 4 tries when you can't stop less than 6. It's not the close losses it's the way we are butchering games and showing no resolve to dig in for the guy next to them. I've loved this club for 50 years but I've never been more disappointed at the way we are travelling for the last decade.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
If you're going on form, we are no hope in this game. We've lost four from our last five and the Dragons are coming off a good win. But we're at home, the Dragons aren't great, and we might be "due" for a win, so I guess we could get up. We do have a handful of good players and we're capable of playing good footy every now and then.

However, I have zero confidence in this playing group. Instead of finding ways to win, they find ways to lose. They look for excuses (and there are always plenty to find) and easy ways out - been doing it for years.

We are not the unluckiest team in the NRL. The teams above us on the ladder are better than us. It's that simple. We may well end up ahead of some of those teams by the time the season is done - maybe even enough of them to sneak into the top eight. But I'll believe it when I see it. Right now it feels like the same old Manly death spiral: promising signs, good wins mixed with inexcusable losses, injuries, lack of depth, hoping for better next year.

MW66

Reserve Grader
This site is going to be interesting at about 4PM on Sunday. Dragons are very underrated and have a massive pack. Will be a very tough game and we will do well to win.
p.s. surely we bring Simpkins into the side or at least on the bench.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
This site is going to be interesting at about 4PM on Sunday. Dragons are very underrated and have a massive pack. Will be a very tough game and we will do well to win.
p.s. surely we bring Simpkins into the side or at least on the bench.
Site could meltdown Chernobyl-esque!

Pete W

Bencher
If you're going on form, we are no hope in this game. We've lost four from our last five and the Dragons are coming off a good win. But we're at home, the Dragons aren't great, and we might be "due" for a win, so I guess we could get up. We do have a handful of good players and we're capable of playing good footy every now and then.

However, I have zero confidence in this playing group. Instead of finding ways to win, they find ways to lose. They look for excuses (and there are always plenty to find) and easy ways out - been doing it for years.

We are not the unluckiest team in the NRL. The teams above us on the ladder are better than us. It's that simple. We may well end up ahead of some of those teams by the time the season is done - maybe even enough of them to sneak into the top eight. But I'll believe it when I see it. Right now it feels like the same old Manly death spiral: promising signs, good wins mixed with inexcusable losses, injuries, lack of depth, hoping for better next year.
It's such a deflating feeling isn't it. That moment of realisation. Seems to be occurring earlier and earlier in the season under Seibold - the master of making excuses. At least with Hasler, there was always the very real possibility of a late season surge, something he was quite successful at steering.

But at the end of the day, this has been Cherry's team for a decade. So, make of that what you will. When he, Tom, and Jake call it quits, Penn sells up, and a serious coach is brought in, Manly may one day be a force again. Until then, this seems like an exercise in futility...the Manly Way

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mate you've been watching this club as long as I have. The 70s , 80s , 90s, up to 2013 this club's pride in the finals series , GF and premiership years was always the ability to defend adversity. This mob gives me absolutely no confidence we can defend any type of adversity. It's pea heart stuff at times , ill disciplined and at times confusion.
What's the use of scoring 4 tries when you can't stop less than 6. It's not the close losses it's the way we are butchering games and showing no resolve to dig in for the guy next to them. I've loved this club for 50 years but I've never been more disappointed at the way we are travelling for the last decade.
I get your point , and it’s a valid one but I just find the almost total negativity on here both boring & not conducive to enjoying a game of footy.

It’s funny but I now find the games far more enjoyable by being less engaged on ST, and those game day threads ( during the game ) are borderline bipolar.

I get the frustration of now 13 years without a premiership but I’m sort of resigned to it now as it’s part of the “ new NRL”.

The new rules I hate , the players disloyalty , the few rich clubs always at the top , it’s all far less enjoyable than a decade ago.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the matches and in fact apart from that disaster v St Merge I’ve really enjoyed every game this year , win or lose.

Just the way I roll these days

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
I get your point , and it’s a valid one but I just find the almost total negativity on here both boring & not conducive to enjoying a game of footy.

It’s funny but I now find the games far more enjoyable by being less engaged on ST, and those game day threads ( during the game ) are borderline bipolar.

I get the frustration of now 13 years without a premiership but I’m sort of resigned to it now as it’s part of the “ new NRL”.

The new rules I hate , the players disloyalty , the few rich clubs always at the top , it’s all far less enjoyable than a decade ago.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the matches and in fact apart from that disaster v St Merge I’ve really enjoyed every game this year , win or lose.

Just the way I roll these days
Well put mate. I feel exactly the same way.

And the comp is bloody close now too. Good teams are getting beat each week, tipping is a nightmare. Unlike the past couple of years, at least score wise we have been in most all games with largest losing margin 10pts. We were getting belted previously. Other than the Raiders abomination we are undefeated at Brookie this year with decent scalps of Easts, Melb and Penrith.

Good draw upcoming but it’s up to us now to get the wins. We need to pull the finger out against the lesser teams from here on in tho. No room to drop rubbish games now.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Good Morning feathered friend I hope you are keeping Healthy in your Nest
The Key words to your post in Negativity and Enjoyment
No Proud and Passionate Manly person would feel Happy and Enjoy our Team under achieving and under the top 8 in 11th position
Proud and Passionate Manly have higher standards than that

The Fact of the matter is
If we lower our Legendary clubs Great Premiership Winning Standards . We stand for Nothing Great

The Manly Happy Positive Premiership Winning Years
that All Manly People Enjoyed !
1718154897871.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20