Manly v Dragons [Round 15, 2018] - Pre-Game Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We got a few top notch seasons out of him but his best is obviously behind him now. Pity we are stuck with has-been Hodkinson who would even struggle over in the UK based on his current form. Even a Carney/Sandow combination would provide more spark than these two.

Just announced on Push it up manly Facebook page that dce is set to walk out on manly due to under payments from the last 6 months . Also sais D Walker is set to sign a contract with Toronto wolfpacks . If true we are Fukhed.
The thing that concerns me was DCE not fronting up to the presser after the game. Clearly there is some stress and tension in the joint atm. But whatever happens DCE will be well compensated in one way or another. I'd be happy to see him go but we'll be paying huge freight for him playing elsewhere which defeats the point. Ure right Brad - were screwed.

Walkz will be back after we get done by the Merge .
What's this about Dce leaving ??
Bull**** !

Dce leaving??? Yeeeeeeeeea baaaaabyyyy
Think it through Mullet Man . . .
If he leaves how much do you think the club will have to pay his new NRL club? 500,000 a season for the next four years? Perhaps more?
This is not a win for the club. We have DCE until he retires.
I'd suspect whoever negotiated DCE's contract-for life was the same idiot who recruited Mr Plod for a three-year play-or-don't-and-still-be-paid contract.
I have more faith in Lyle Gorman making sensible deals on player contracts in the future.

I don't believe any of this for one second. Why would Walker flush his career away at the Toronto wolfpack when he is a competitor who would want to play in the toughest competition and if DCE was fed up why would we be paying part of his contract for another club. I call bull****

ea58639493912bf16103ee7737aca5cc.jpg

Dogs should have won. They had beaten Illawarra 12 times out of the last 13 matches and were very unlucky not to have extended that dominance.
Unfortunately, Illawarra has a similar dominance over Manly. I can't see us getting within 30 points of them next week.

DCE is one of my favourite players . We all know what he can do . What I would like to know is what is the coach doing to the team ?
Yep - it was easy with Jamie Lyon on one side, Matai on the other, Wofman on a wing, Snake sniffing through the middle, Gifty & Watmough punching through the ruck, Kitey & Kingy going forward & Matty Ballan & Foz chipping in too.

Are Origin players allowed to play next weekend ?? When do they name the side, after next weeks round ? Our only chance is if they name the side this week and they are without half their forward pack.

Yep - it was easy with Jamie Lyon on one side, Matai on the other, Wofman on a wing, Snake sniffing through the middle, Gifty & Watmough punching through the ruck, Kitey & Kingy going forward & Matty Ballan & Foz chipping in too.
Yes I agree it is easy with those players around him but DCE has also shown that he can play at his brilliant best with this team . DCE is a confidence players and he is playing like the whole team that is lacking self confidence . The issue our team is not responding to the coaches motivational talks . That is a real worry !

Fainu is in! Not sure how given I didn’t think he was in our top 30 but happy with that. He’s been named to start.

Sea Eagles:
1 Tom Trbojevic,
2 Jorge Taufua,
3 Moses Suli,
4 Brian Kelly,
5 Akuila Uate,
6 Trent Hodkinson,
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c),
8 Addin Fonua-Blake,
9 Manase Fainu, :clap:
10 Martin Taupau,
11 Joel Thompson,
12 Frank Winterstein,
13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange:
14 Matthew Wright,
15 Brad Parker,
16 Shaun Lane,
17 Taniela Paseka

Reserves: 18 Thomas Wright, 19 Lewis Brown, 20 Toafofoa Sipley, 21 Lloyd Perrett

Manly have named 19-year-old hooker Manase Fainu to make his NRL debut in place of Api Koroisau, who will miss 8-10 weeks with a broken foot. Fainu was Manly's Best and Fairest in the Holden Cup in 2017. Moses Suli returns in the centres after being dropped for disciplinary reasons last week. Suli's return forces Brad Parker to the interchange. Frank Winterstein comes into the starting side in the second row and Shaun Lane moves to the bench.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6