Manly v Cronulla [Round Finals Week 2 2013] game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its a beautiful warm,clear day in Manly.
The Manly Boys all look relaxed on Tv.

Foz is quoted as asking the Team - 'Do you want to win a Premiership or dont you'? The unanimous vote was 'YES' :) :exclamation: :angel:

Will be a happy bus to and from the ground tonight:)

mickqld said:
If Snake is out will we be able to score enough points tonight ? We have struggled terribly to score points when he's not playing. Sharks defense is very good so we will need plenty of posession to win tonight. No silly penalties or errors is a must.

Comes down to the game plan. Poor game plan and / or poor execution, and we'll get bundled out.

HappilyManly said:
Foz is quoted as asking the Team - 'Do you want to win a Premiership or dont you'? The unanimous vote was 'YES' :) :exclamation: :angel:
lol
One advantage we have is that with our club's great history - notably 1978 - we shouldn't be phased by the prospect of doing it the hard way. Just need to take one step at a time...

Weather is starting to look crap in old Sydney town. Very windy and looks like rain. Could be a bleak old night at the SFS tonight. Wear something warm

Ryan said:
mickqld said:
If Snake is out will we be able to score enough points tonight ? We have struggled terribly to score points when he's not playing. Sharks defense is very good so we will need plenty of posession to win tonight. No silly penalties or errors is a must.

Comes down to the game plan. Poor game plan and / or poor execution, and we'll get bundled out.

Starting early today Ryan ;)

So if we win well you will be on here tonight singing Tooves praises for a great game plan ?

I watched a replay of our game last week yesterday and we definitely had a game plan. We made very good metres, made numerous breaks and troubled the Roosters. We just could not capitalise. This lack of game plan talk is rubbish. We should beat the Sharks tonight but we need to be on our game as they have a very strong pack.

Yet again, our unheralded bits and pieces pack will have to trump one of the best in the comp. In fairness, they have been doing similar feats all year.

Im more worried about having our creativity stifled than getting rolled over.

Garts said:
I watched a replay of our game last week yesterday and we definitely had a game plan. We made very good metres, made numerous breaks and troubled the Roosters.

Despite the loss against the Roosters, I reckon we did a pretty good job keeping the Roosters from scoring anymore points against us. We did our usual game: break down the right hand side as we have done all season and threatened with line breaks a few times unlike the Roosters who couldn't even break our defence line throughout the remainder of the game.

Come on, Manly :exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::)

I'm a bit nervous about this one primarily because the top four sides have been a class above all year. If exhaustion from last week - and I believe that's the only real issue we face - beats us. then I'll feel like it's been a failed year. Any loss after this - and hopefully there won't be - will feel like a great season where a team written off as too old and slow that had two major season ending injuries at the beginning, still managed to show class, talent, and Manly guts to get right through to the pointy end.

Seriously stressed, sitting at Melbourne airport waiting for flight back to Sydney and the dear folk of Qantas have just advised that flight has been delayed by 1 hour and now due to arrive Sydney at 7:10pm, hope the traffic between the airport and Moore Park is non existent by then

Have an awful feeling we put all our efforts into wining last week and it may have taken a huge toll on us physically and mentally. We wanted that week off and be fresh for the prelim now we are playing a game the players didn't want or expect to be playing.All week our players were saying it was a must win if we want to challenge for the title. I think the Sharks will be too strong for us tonight. Sharks by 8

Yeah good one Mick.

All seems a bit lacklustre. Hope the boys are on tonight, let's get her done.

mickqld said:
Have an awful feeling we put all our efforts into wining last week and it may have taken a huge toll on us physically and mentally. We wanted that week off and be fresh for the prelim now we are playing a game the players didn't want or expect to be playing.All week our players were saying it was a must win if we want to challenge for the title. I think the Sharks will be too strong for us tonight. Sharks by 8

This could be a factor for sure . It's now vitally important that the 18th men (hoping there are 20,000 of you tonight ) lift the boys from the kick off . Loud and constant please, the boys will appreciate the effort and put in accordingly I'm sure .

I'm stuck in Qld but will be doing my darndest to be heard anyway .

GO YOU MIGHTY SEA EAGLES !!!

Manly by 4

Chip and Chase said:
Weather is starting to look crap in old Sydney town. Very windy and looks like rain. Could be a bleak old night at the SFS tonight. Wear something warm

Update on weather is clear skies over SFS. Bit windy though so will be chilly night.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8