Manly v Cronulla [Round Finals Week 2 2013] game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yes Manly were busted, yes there were some dumb things, yes Sharks came home with a wet sail, but manly still managed a win.

Give credit where credit is due, at least they are in the final 4, as per their ladder position. What they showed tonight was plenty of heart. Kite busted, Choc busted, Lyon injured, no Snake, no King, no Joe, leaving the forward ranks thinner.....

It will be a mighty effort to freshen up this week and beat the Bunnies with their big forwards and Inglis, i think if manly get up in that one, it will be a massive effort!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Was Fifita pissing anybody else off as much as he was me in the last 20mins ?

He pissed me off all game. The way he marches forward in the play the ball and never gets penalised for it drives me to tears.

Today we saw the dividend of Toovey's justifiable referee rant and fine. Taufua's try would have been called "no try" before going to the video referee if Toovey hadn't blown up previously.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Ryan said:
mickqld said:
If Snake is out will we be able to score enough points tonight ? We have struggled terribly to score points when he's not playing. Sharks defense is very good so we will need plenty of posession to win tonight. No silly penalties or errors is a must.

Comes down to the game plan. Poor game plan and / or poor execution, and we'll get bundled out.

Starting early today Ryan ;)

So if we win well you will be on here tonight singing Tooves praises for a great game plan ?

He won't be praising Toovey ever. He'll find something to whinge about.
It will be along the lines of, so what they aren't a top 4 side or we should have beaten them by 20. It probably won't be classed as a 'big game" either by ralphie and ryan.

The team guts it out after a bruising game last week, well done boys.

I actually fancy our chances next week. In a way I was more worried about this game.

We will have an extra day's recovery than for this one. We might have back Brett. Our nerves will probably be better after a finals win.

Souths I thought were not that impressive in beating (with some friendly reffing) a very flat Storm. Imagine the hype and pressure they will feel coming into this match.

I am pretty happy with our season whatever happens now (we will at least equal last year) and I see us with nothing to lose from here.

Always get the impression we play a different game against the lesser lights for whatever reason (I think we are cocky).

Lucky to get away with that one, great effort; lets see what next week brings against one of the big guns.

Arko-admirer said:
I actually fancy our chances next week. In a way I was more worried about this game.

We will have an extra day's recovery than for this one. We might have back Brett. Our nerves will probably be better after a finals win.

Souths I thought were not that impressive in beating (with some friendly reffing) a very flat Storm. Imagine the hype and pressure they will feel coming into this match.

I am pretty happy with our season whatever happens now (we will at least equal last year) and I see us with nothing to lose from here.

I too felt more worried about tonight's match. I think physically the boys will be feeling much better next week than they would have tonight.

Having seen all the injuries we are carrying I'm really worried about next week. Wouldn't be surprised if we come up @ $3.00. It ain't over yet and we have a chance, but getting that week off is a huge advantage. You are right that the Bunnies will be feeling ALL the pressure and that might be their undoing.

SwornEagle said:
WOW, what a courageous win by the Manly boys!!!!!!!!!!!

wedgetail eagle said:
My guts was in a knot in that last 20!

It was the last 20 seconds when the Sharks had one last shot at scoring and they did that bomb kick (is that what it's called?) I turned my head away and just listened to what was happening-listening for the sound of the Sharks fans to cheer. Just by that sound I would've known if the Sharks scored. But when I finally turned back and saw that one of our boys had gathered up the ball I was relieved; that was real heart stopping, edge-of-seat play.

Preliminary final here we come!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4