Game Day: Manly v Cronulla [Finals week 1: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des' Press conference:

Some of you may have missed it but he thanked the creator of one special video that fired the boys up this week.

lol, actually it just hit a massive 100 120 143 153 views so I wanted to say thanks to those who watched it, and no it wasn't 99 times from me.

40 at most!

What a great win!

Last edited:
NCTELE_1_2019_09_15_thumb_big.jpg

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/14/hasler-hails-upset-as-one-of-best-wins-in-manlys-history/

Hasler hails upset one of the best wins in Manly's history
Author
Dan WalshNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Sat 14 Sep 2019, 11:52 PM
Des Hasler has hailed Manly's seismic upset of the Sharks as one of the best wins in the club's 72-year history.

Led by a similarly top-shelf performance from Tongan powerhouse Addin Fonua-Blake, the Sea Eagles shocked Cronulla with a 28-16 boilover that came with over $2 million of their salary cap watching from the sidelines.

Manly march on to take on South Sydney next Friday night with star prop Martin Taupau to return from suspension. On the downside, the likes of Tom Trbojevic, Joel Thompson, Curtis Sironen and Taniela Paseka will all still be sidelined through injury.

With a full casualty ward, several rookies replacing their biggest names, Lottoland's asbestos concerns and Paul Gallen's retirement motivating Cronulla, Manly were given Buckley's of progressing past week one of the finals, only to emerge with a famous win in front of an ecstatic maroon and white faithful.

"I said yesterday it had that script about it," Hasler said of a Manly backs-to-the-wall classic.

"It's great for this side and a young side to experience something like this tonight.

"It's a great confidence thing for them. For some of them it's their first semi-final.

"It doesn't come much harder than that baptism of fire against a pretty experienced Sharks side.

"It's a great win, a very proud win in this club's history."

Fonua-Blake claimed man-of-the-match honours and an emphatic victory in his running battle with Gallen, finishing with a game-high 187 running metres and leading the Sea Eagles' forwards in Taupau's absence.

remote.axd

Fonua-Blake monsters his way to the line

His 51st minute try also helped seal the win too as Cronulla fought back from an 18-0 deficit to reduce Manly's lead to eight points after halftime.

"Addin, it was probably one of his best games," Hasler said.

"He laid a real platform for us and the boys got on the back of it. He certainly created great momentum for us, he led the way there. And the other boys got on the back of it.

"We need to maintain that, it will go up a notch next week against South Sydney. That will be a good game come Friday."

They needed those in melbourne for the canberra players (esp Leileelaluilea) - I don't know the spelling, sorry.

It was nice for Api to get a try in his last game at Brookie as an Eagle. Well done!

I'm not sure if it's on purpse, but it's a bit lame to have the fake crowd noise pumped through our speakers at those big stadium games, but not only was their no fake noise in the Manly telecast (which I don't mind) but it was like they actually turned those mic's down.

Some commentator was saying how loud it is yet on the fox telecast the crowd is almost whisper like. LAME

Plus, where's the token souffs jersey?

phew, finally finished reading the thread.

Plus another woohoo! What a great win!
Api under the posts after 9 minutes. Can this be the start of a fairytale?.....hell yeah! (the only one that wasn’t happy for Api, is Wade Egan at the Panthers, who’s been told he can shop around (league speak for "fvck off’.

Always cracks me up listening to Jake post match, his mouth goes a million miles an hour spitting out his sentences lol, he should be called Turbo for the way he speaks

Agree! I always feel that he thinks that if he doesn't give an answer straight away, people will think he's rude or stupid or something.

He needs training in the Des Hasler art of usually saying "Pardon?" so he gets longer to think of his answer.

Best line from any of the match reports out of last night's game.....

"Des Hasler conjured this win without Martin Taupau (suspension), Joel Thompson (arm), Morgan Boyle (arm), Tom Trbojevic (pec), Albert Hopoate (knee), Curtis Sironen (foot), Taniel Paseka (knee) or a decent outdoor furniture setting. We wonder whether Trent Barrett is still claiming credit for all this."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wi...aps-his-greatest-miracle-20190914-p52rcn.html

I am.. but jeez I’d love some sleep! Hopefully this isn’t night #3... I end up more than a little grumpy, as well as a little more cuckoo than the norm lol..
I feel your pain. Have you tried melatonin? Mostly works for me and doesn't leave you with the next day horrors of a drug.

What a fantastic night. Made the trip down from GC with a dozen or so Eagles and I put it up there with the GF wins as a spectator. Special mention to Moses Suli who was under so much pressure and delivered.
The most exciting thing is the future Throw in Hopoate Keppie Olo Shuster Ben T Sioni Fainu
and we could be anything.
Congratulations to everyone involved for one of our greatest wins. Still trying to come down from the high. Just sensational.

Best line from any of the match reports out of last night's game.....

"Des Hasler conjured this win without Martin Taupau (suspension), Joel Thompson (arm), Morgan Boyle (arm), Tom Trbojevic (pec), Albert Hopoate (knee), Curtis Sironen (foot), Taniel Paseka (knee) or a decent outdoor furniture setting. We wonder whether Trent Barrett is still claiming credit for all this."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wi...aps-his-greatest-miracle-20190914-p52rcn.html
Johnson need only study the performance that Daly Cherry-Evans submitted on Saturday night. The Sea Eagles looked to their skipper for guidance and he delivered. Just about every pass or kick found its mark. When a penalty was awarded, he even had the audacity to overrule Hasler, who pointed to the uprights. ‘DCE’, sensing the chance to deepen the dagger, took the tap. Addin Fonua-Blake barged over moments later. :trophy:
AU_ManlySeaEagles_2019_24261365.png

Johnson need only study the performance that Daly Cherry-Evans submitted on Saturday night. The Sea Eagles looked to their skipper for guidance and he delivered. Just about every pass or kick found its mark. When a penalty was awarded, he even had the audacity to overrule Hasler, who pointed to the uprights. ‘DCE’, sensing the chance to deepen the dagger, took the tap. Addin Fonua-Blake barged over moments later. :trophy:
AU_ManlySeaEagles_2019_24261365.png

Even before we scored I was actually glad when we took the tap instead of taking the 2. They were ripe for the picking and AFB picked them clean. It was the dagger to the heart that basically ended any hope the Sharks had.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8