Game Day: Manly v Cronulla [Finals week 1: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
9E32B8CE-C8B1-4035-B1A5-0F8C0773A913.jpeg
Hopefully the fumigator is at Lottoland this morning - suck **** ScoMo

Still basking in the after glow of a win deemed the best in living memory
The predictions we’d lose flowed from every broadcast
To quote Matty Johns,’Manly won’t win another game’..
This was after Tom got ruled out before The Parra game
Phenomenal job Des etc and players and dare I say it ...the refs
Sharing those 50/50 calls has never happened this year and just look what we are capable of
Imagine if this trend continues into the rest of the finals can’t see us losing
I ranked our spine ahead of Souths and the Raiders ........?
That puts us into the Grand Final

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/nrl...aps-his-greatest-miracle-20190914-p52rcn.html

You know you’ve witnessed something special when Melbourne getting rolled isn’t the biggest upset of the night.

At a time when everyone is predicting another Roosters-Storm grand final, this may yet turn out to be one of the most unpredictable finals series yet.

Des Hasler conjured this win without Martin Taupau (suspension), Joel Thompson (arm), Morgan Boyle (arm), Tom Trbojevic (pec), Albert Hopoate (knee), Curtis Sironen (foot), Taniel Paseka (knee) or a decent outdoor furniture setting. We wonder whether Trent Barrett is still claiming credit for all this.

Save for Matt Moylan, Cronulla was at full strength. It was a very different story in the other dressing room. Things appeared so bleak for their opponents it appeared Tony Williams would come out of extinction. In the end, the Tyrannosaurus wasn’t required, another brilliant throw-off from the coach.

Hasler has conjured his share of miracles, but this was perhaps his greatest work. He has taken a battered side, one that almost ended with their first wooden spoon just last year, deep into September. The Dally M coach of the year award wouldn’t look out of place in his Collaroy pool room.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/nrl...aps-his-greatest-miracle-20190914-p52rcn.html

You know you’ve witnessed something special when Melbourne getting rolled isn’t the biggest upset of the night.

At a time when everyone is predicting another Roosters-Storm grand final, this may yet turn out to be one of the most unpredictable finals series yet.

Des Hasler conjured this win without Martin Taupau (suspension), Joel Thompson (arm), Morgan Boyle (arm), Tom Trbojevic (pec), Albert Hopoate (knee), Curtis Sironen (foot), Taniel Paseka (knee) or a decent outdoor furniture setting. We wonder whether Trent Barrett is still claiming credit for all this.

Save for Matt Moylan, Cronulla was at full strength. It was a very different story in the other dressing room. Things appeared so bleak for their opponents it appeared Tony Williams would come out of extinction. In the end, the Tyrannosaurus wasn’t required, another brilliant throw-off from the coach.

Hasler has conjured his share of miracles, but this was perhaps his greatest work. He has taken a battered side, one that almost ended with their first wooden spoon just last year, deep into September. The Dally M coach of the year award wouldn’t look out of place in his Collaroy pool room.
Enjoyable reading, that.

This would have been a fun game day thread to be a part of while the match was on. Slightly disappointed that I missed out on it and couldn’t attend the game but had a great night last night regardless

Winning even just one finals match is a significant accomplishment for us this year. Also we will now complete this season without ever having lost more than 2 games in a row. Take a bow boys, it has been a great season

This would have been a fun game day thread to be a part of while the match was on. Slightly disappointed that I missed out on it and couldn’t attend the game but had a great night last night regardless

Winning even just one finals match is a significant accomplishment for us this year. Also we will now complete this season without ever having lost more than 2 games in a row. Take a bow boys, it has been a great season

It was VERY much fun

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/8a937505c3b6e6ba6b9597e9a694b6b9

Sea Eagles v Sharks

I have witnessed a rugby league miracle. The win of Des Hasler and his patchwork team is one of the best I have ever seen in finals football. Cronulla weren’t at their best but they were pushed to that point by the committed Sea Eagles who started so well. Find me a Manly player who didn’t play well… I’ll wait.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8