Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 15, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
26 4 Pines Park
17 Jun 2022 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Someone did that earlier in the thread mate, he was clearly offside, bunker clowns didn’t even go back and check it, it’s the start point of every review on a kick chase scoring play, not this time apparently.
Then looking at the previous image of Drinkwater grounding the ball in goal as well as most likely placing his foot touch in goal, Robson‘s no try being overruled without conclusive evidence, pretty bloody hard done by without even mentioning the countless forward passes they got away with.
I‘m not blaming last nights loss on the ref, but the piss poor standard of refereeing and the bunkers ineptitude is becoming very hard to accept, had anyone of those decisions been correct we would have come away with the W, it’s not good enough, that’s 2 wins this year that should have us in the 8 and building nicely. I’m still struggling to get over it.
As am I. I must be a masochist (not the sexual kind). Why am I not giving Silvertails a time out. It’s like a fatal car crash. You know you shouldn’t look, but you do. And regret it straight away.

Without being labelled as mr positive again after I stopped screaming at the TV apart form the last 10 min we were all over them.

That won't happen again be assured. The players will be feeling pretty low after that and will only steal them.

Bad bad decision by DCE not to play safe for the Holmes try. I've always stuck up for the guy but even I was cursing him for that brain fart.

Its all about learning. Tough lesson last night but we can only learn from it.
Well, thank god DCE is just at the beginning of his budding career and will grow exponentially from this... oh wait!

Out of curiosity... has anybody ever let in that amount of points in that time period in the history of NRL?... what, 14 points in 3 minutes?

Someone did that earlier in the thread mate, he was clearly offside, bunker clowns didn’t even go back and check it, it’s the start point of every review on a kick chase scoring play, not this time apparently.
Then looking at the previous image of Drinkwater grounding the ball in goal as well as most likely placing his foot touch in goal, Robson‘s no try being overruled without conclusive evidence, pretty bloody hard done by without even mentioning the countless forward passes they got away with.
I‘m not blaming last nights loss on the ref, but the piss poor standard of refereeing and the bunkers ineptitude is becoming very hard to accept, had anyone of those decisions been correct we would have come away with the W, it’s not good enough, that’s 2 wins this year that should have us in the 8 and building nicely. I’m still struggling to get over it.
And that vision of Hess was WRONG and the person who posted it admitted they couldn’t pause the footage right at the point of the kick.I watched it several times over and it was far too close to make a decision clearly on whether he was onside/offside

The Robson try that started the rot was an absolute fu**ing bunker clown joke. The referree called the offside no try. The bunker fu**wits had NO definitive proof that the ball went 10 meters. It should've stayed with the onfield decision as it does in any other case. We were shafted once again like the Parra game. It's a fu**ing joke the nrl. No credibility in this sporting more.
Agree totally mate. When Nanai caught the bomb he moved less than 3 meters forward before offloading the ball.......neither he nor the ball travelled 10 meters yet the bunker said he ran for 10m. HTF is that possible? That should have been the end of it & Manly ball!

And that vision of Hess was WRONG and the person who posted it admitted they couldn’t pause the footage right at the point of the kick.I watched it several times over and it was far too close to make a decision clearly on whether he was onside/offside
Yeah, I watched it back as well. At the exact point the ball touches Townsend’s boot, Hess looks ok.

Nowhere near as convinced about the Robson try though.

The Parra game and now this one are absolute killers, particularly when looking at tying up a bottom 8 spot.

Yeah, I watched it back as well. At the exact point the ball touches Townsend’s boot, Hess looks ok.

Nowhere near as convinced about the Robson try though.

The Parra game and now this one are absolute killers, particularly when looking at tying up a bottom 8 spot.
I’m not a refs fault person but the Robson try was a head scratcher.Given the on field ref said no try due to Robson being in front of the kicker,not sure how the bunker can adjudicate 10 metres so concisely.At least the bunker explained how he came to that conclusion when he said the pass is included

I’m not a refs fault person but the Robson try was a head scratcher.Given the on field ref said no try due to Robson being in front of the kicker,not sure how the bunker can adjudicate 10 metres so concisely.At least the bunker explained how he came to that conclusion when he said the pass is included
Baffling considering they wont rule on forward passes because they supposedly can't do so accurately.

I know how you feel mate, Im with you all the way brother. The big question now is, can the boys get over this, can they come back from this. It would have hit them hard as well. Their confidence will be very low and they had the chance to shut the critics up by beating a top 4 side, but all your points are valid. It hurts big time I know

yes not much has helped here... at least I have stopped screaming at the TV.... 14 hours of constantly screaming at the TV after the game is bad for the voicebox... totally sane but bad for the voicebox. But I have calmed down over the last few hours.
BT that is me to a T .My voice is hoarse and it takes days for it to recover after screaming ï f &^hate this ,Im not watching this **** again ,get off him grub ,this i fu*!,you cheating c&^%$ ," etc etc you get the drift .So many ifs and buts and ofcourse little things like them being offside for 2 of their try's breaking from the scrum early on the last not picked up by Sutton ,the FB supposedly grounded in goal not looked at by bunker .Anyway we should never have let ourselves get into that position where the result is in the hands of incompetent and crooked officials ,hopefully the team can get confidence that they can well and truly compete with the top 4 and that the pain of losing will be used as motivation for not letting that happen again,
Anyway go Manly

I know how you feel mate, Im with you all the way brother. The big question now is, can the boys get over this, can they come back from this. It would have hit them hard as well. Their confidence will be very low and they had the chance to shut the critics up by beating a top 4 side, but all your points are valid. It hurts big time I know
I think this Cowboys loss and the Parra loss will actually have a positive and galvanising effect on the team. I think Des will spin it this way big time. I think most people will agree that morally we won both games and if we had a some half decent referring and bunker calls, we would have won both games on the scoreboard. I think the boys know this and if they dont, then Des will reinforce. Even against the Storm, if you take away the one-on-one steals against Tolu by Munster, we actually had a good chance of upsetting them that night. Ok so we missed the 2 points but I thought the performance was pretty damn good and with lots of improvement left!!! Bottom 8 is now the target.

BT that is me to a T .My voice is hoarse and it takes days for it to recover after screaming ï f &^hate this ,Im not watching this **** again ,get off him grub ,this i fu*!,you cheating c&^%$ ," etc etc you get the drift .So many ifs and buts and ofcourse little things like them being offside for 2 of their try's breaking from the scrum early on the last not picked up by Sutton ,the FB supposedly grounded in goal not looked at by bunker .Anyway we should never have let ourselves get into that position where the result is in the hands of incompetent and crooked officials ,hopefully the team can get confidence that they can well and truly compete with the top 4 and that the pain of losing will be used as motivation for not letting that happen again,
Anyway go Manly
so true and then on another photo it looked like Drinkwater had his foot on the sideline when he was deemed to be out of the ingoal. But yes - those last 7 minutes I was yelling at the TV ... and can you believe .... they didn't listen at all lol lol. And no way... we should have been in that position at all. arghhhhh

I think this Cowboys loss and the Parra loss will actually have a positive and galvanising effect on the team. I think Des will spin it this way big time. I think most people will agree that morally we won both games and if we had a some half decent referring and bunker calls, we would have won both games on the scoreboard. I think the boys know this and if they dont, then Des will reinforce. Even against the Storm, if you take away the one-on-one steals against Tolu by Munster, we actually had a good chance of upsetting them that night. Ok so we missed the 2 points but I thought the performance was pretty damn good and with lots of improvement left!!! Bottom 8 is now the target.
Lets hope so my brother

Would love to see what Foz and Humphries could do together, Humphries probably a bit to green but no better bloke to partner him in the halves with and to learn from .

Best case scenario you are right, but of course being human some players may start to doubt.
Reality is though we not only competed but led, both v Eels for about 78 minutes and v Cows for 75, so objectively there's plenty to take out of that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4