Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 15, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
26 4 Pines Park
17 Jun 2022 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

On watching the last 10 mins again, it was 3 defining moments that led to the collapse.

1. The most defining of all, letting the fullback out of his ingoal when he should have been kept in.

2. The leg up penalty after letting the cowboy player out of his ingoal

3. The video refs overturned try decision. How he could conclusively say he ran 10m is a joke.

It all unravelled after that.
Drinkwater grounded the ball in-goal. It should have been a dropout. Why didn't the bunker intervene. They intervene on incorrect in-goal calls all the time. Apparently not when it would go Manly's way.
BallGrounded.jpg

Well I had a therapy session today, down the back yard digging holes and listening to 70's music. I think it helped the trauma and anger I was going through last night and this morning.
ha! ha!...I think we all retreated to the other things we love after what was served up on Friday night, i was sort of numb tbh. Never noticed the wife switching channels on me, didn't mid really, it was only the lame presser staring Des and our dumb f..1.2m captain....glad we got the bye, could help, who knows ?

ha! ha!...I think we all retreated to the other things we love after what was served up on Friday night, i was sort of numb tbh. Never noticed the wife switching channels on me, didn't mid really, it was only the lame presser staring Des and our dumb f..1.2m captain....glad we got the bye, could help, who knows ?
We go rep round storm at home then bye

thats why last night hurts so bad.

not deep into finals do I think we would of got this year but the unlossable game we lost last night would of set us up nicely for the run home. Now I think it will have the negative effect on the team.

now 2 defeats in a row and a month to stew on things worse possible result.

8th at best

but probably finish 10-12th this year.

Last edited:
Well I had a therapy session today, down the back yard digging holes and listening to 70's music. I think it helped the trauma and anger I was going through last night and this morning.
yes not much has helped here... at least I have stopped screaming at the TV.... 14 hours of constantly screaming at the TV after the game is bad for the voicebox... totally sane but bad for the voicebox. But I have calmed down over the last few hours.

Drinkwater grounded the ball in-goal. It should have been a dropout. Why didn't the bunker intervene. They intervene on incorrect in-goal calls all the time. Apparently not when it would go Manly's way.
View attachment 21409
Plenty of the ref and bunker calls didn't go our way, only because we were up 14pts with 7min to go. We should now be called the WWE, it's now all about the entertainment aspect of our game. Need a complete Audit of our game after this season, plenty things wrong with it. The way we ref and how the refs and players use the bunker needs a complete overhaul.

I thought I'd share something I observed after the game while both teams were leaving the field - Burbo doing sprint time trials with another unknown player and a guy with a stopwatch, which I found intriguing. Maybe using some pent-up energy from not playing, lol...

Couldn't find a Burbo thread, so putting this here as it relates to "post-game".

We go rep round storm at home then bye

thats why last night hurts so bad.

not deep into finals do I think we would of got this year but the unlossable game we lost last night would of set us up nicely for the run home. Now I think it will have the negative effect on the team.

now 2 defeats in a row and a month to stew on things worse possible result.

8th at best

but probably finish 10-12th this year.
Couldn't of put it better d123, it's like a game of snakes and ladders. Up a short ladder then down a long snake. It's that sort of season, really hope Schuster and Evans work out next year, if not we are f....

The Robson try that started the rot was an absolute fu**ing bunker clown joke. The referree called the offside no try. The bunker fu**wits had NO definitive proof that the ball went 10 meters. It should've stayed with the onfield decision as it does in any other case. We were shafted once again like the Parra game. It's a fu**ing joke the nrl. No credibility in this sporting more.

I know Jason Saab is copping a lot of stick for his 8 handling errors, and on some level its justified because the guy has butterfingers. But other than that, I actually thought his general play was an improvement last night. His carries in early tackles were better than normal and he actually made ground rather than be ragdolled and pushed back, and he wasn't being a pussy in defence by continually backing off or just looking for the Hail Mary intercept. He was actually getting in there and tackling.

When used properly, Jason Saab is an absolute weapon. We know it, we've seen it. He's arguably the fastest player in the NRL (I'd be interested to know his Telstra Tracker speed when chasing Holmes late. His speed actually worked against him there though as he was a fraction early and then couldn't stop in time). What lets him down is his hands. He drops more balls than a litter of puppies.

I know Jason Saab is copping a lot of stick for his 8 handling errors, and on some level its justified because the guy has butterfingers. But other than that, I actually thought his general play was an improvement last night. His carries in early tackles were better than normal and he actually made ground rather than be ragdolled and pushed back, and he wasn't being a pussy in defence by continually backing off or just looking for the Hail Mary intercept. He was actually getting in there and tackling.

When used properly, Jason Saab is an absolute weapon. We know it, we've seen it. He's arguably the fastest player in the NRL (I'd be interested to know his Telstra Tracker speed when chasing Holmes late. His speed actually worked against him there though as he was a fraction early and then couldn't stop in time). What lets him down is his hands. He drops more balls than a litter of puppies.
I’d of thought the weaknesses in Saab’s game are easy fixes with a bit of hard work.He’s still young and what assets he has are very difficult to find and Manly have not had his speed and height on a wing since,well probably never.For all of Brad Fittler’s faults when he was Roosters coach,one thing that I recall that actually worked was when he made Shaun Kenny-Dowall carry a footy around any time he was at the club,training or otherwise,and was punished if he dropped it or put it down to do anything.SKD’s hands improved out of sight

The Robson try that started the rot was an absolute fu**ing bunker clown joke. The referree called the offside no try. The bunker fu**wits had NO definitive proof that the ball went 10 meters. It should've stayed with the onfield decision as it does in any other case. We were shafted once again like the Parra game. It's a fu**ing joke the nrl. No credibility in this sporting more.
Yep, they let a lot go the Cowboys way, only because they were down 14 with 7min to go. If we were even or up 2 different story. It's now the WWE it's all about the TV audience and sponsors advertising $'s

I thought we played well. I really enjoyed watching that game with the ref refraining from a 6 again score feat. Very refreshing.

Each of their tries was off a bit of bad luck or a kick. We defended really well all night otherwise and our while our attack can improve our forwards did their job superbly.

The emergence of Koula and Guac might be enough to compensate for the lack of Tom and get us deep in the finals. Especially if Schu can come along for the ride and as combinations develop.

Without being labelled as mr positive again after I stopped screaming at the TV apart form the last 10 min we were all over them.

That won't happen again be assured. The players will be feeling pretty low after that and will only steal them.

Bad bad decision by DCE not to play safe for the Holmes try. I've always stuck up for the guy but even I was cursing him for that brain fart.

Its all about learning. Tough lesson last night but we can only learn from it.

I was going to go back and get a screen shot of Hess offside for their first (bullshiit) try. But I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.
Someone did that earlier in the thread mate, he was clearly offside, bunker clowns didn’t even go back and check it, it’s the start point of every review on a kick chase scoring play, not this time apparently.
Then looking at the previous image of Drinkwater grounding the ball in goal as well as most likely placing his foot touch in goal, Robson‘s no try being overruled without conclusive evidence, pretty bloody hard done by without even mentioning the countless forward passes they got away with.
I‘m not blaming last nights loss on the ref, but the piss poor standard of refereeing and the bunkers ineptitude is becoming very hard to accept, had anyone of those decisions been correct we would have come away with the W, it’s not good enough, that’s 2 wins this year that should have us in the 8 and building nicely. I’m still struggling to get over it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4