Post-Game Discussion Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Bulldogs
13 4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 18:15
80th minute

Match Stats

This has the be the 1st time in years we took both starting 2nd rowers off the field as a tactical interchange. I guess Des wants to give Mole a little rest before he comes back in with 15min to go to keep him fresh.
Also that would be the only way to utilise Davey and Bully in the other side.
Will be some selection headaches when Shoe is back in the mix

i thought Marty was very poor. No impact and looked tired and ineffective .

Paeska I thought bent the line back well. And as others have suggested, Walker was our other most dominant middle forward
Agreed. Marty looked really tired and struggling in the first half to me. I saw him literally fall to his knees as soon as he ran into a defender on a couple of occasions in that first half, and was driven backwards in the tackle before our pre halftime try.

We just seemed determined to avoid trying to play hard and simple up the middle, but kept looking for short cuts, passing and offloading when the conditions and lack of penetration didn't warrant it.

Well at least we won it for the brave souls who went along, the new stand and the Fulton family. Saved the utter embarrassment of losing to Mr lawn chair. At least Monday work will be tolerable.

Agreed. Marty looked really tired and struggling in the first half to me. I saw him literally fall to his knees as soon as he ran into a defender on a couple of occasions in that first half, and was driven backwards in the tackle before our pre halftime try.

We just seemed determined to avoid trying to play hard and simple up the middle, but kept looking for short cuts, passing and offloading when the conditions and lack of penetration didn't warrant it.
Have we trained lightly compared to other teams in order to have more at the backed of the year. We just look so far behind the rest of the league in energy.

Well at least we won it for the brave souls who went along, the new stand and the Fulton family. Saved the utter embarrassment of losing to Mr lawn chair. At least Monday work will be tolerable.
Was Zoolander sitting on a garden chair in the new stand?

Said I'd be happy with a one-point win so I'll be happy. But man, if we didn't put so much effort into trying to lose a game we wouldn't have to put even more effort into trying to win. Tommy, Walker, Foz were just heroic. Jake and Croker also good and I thought Lawton straightened things up as well when he was on the field.

Cherry can take the glory for the field goal that floated over, but if he had any feeling for the game of rugby league we would have never needed him to do it. Still can't quite believe that, in conditions resembling a Biblical flood, we didn't take the gift of two points when we were offered them. Points were hard to come by and we'd made plenty of handling errors, so why wouldn't we take the easy two points, get the ball back and start all over again?
A win is win , and I will take it every time.
I know the conditions were poor , but wow we had enough possession in the second half to win 2 games !!
So now we are only 2 competition points behind 2nd place 😂😂😂 !!!
Player wise , Harper must be dropped after that pathetic performance, Saab has lost all confidence and Croker again tried hard but is not the answer for our go forward. Would let Marty go asap as his headspace is no longer with us.

Does it feel like we are trying to play to a script and the opposition has a different script? Then we have no ability to improvise?

Didn’t watch but listened to abc and Luke Lewis and Gibbsy thought DCE went ok not great but did a lot of defence and cleanup
He was crap. The guy has started this season like he started last season - hopelessly. Hopefully at the start of next season he’s playing for Redcliffe.

We have a script ?? I thought we were playing U8s throw it to the tall fast kid and hope.
That run of turbos in the second half where he ran completely side to side looked very much like that. lol

I remember playing U12s and we brought in the state 100m sprinting champion and plopped him in the centres. We'd pass it wide along the backline to him (in the days of inside/outside centre), and if he couldn't run around the outside, he literally did a DCE 360, run sideways backwards and across the field and run around the opposition the other side. Hilarious to think about it now.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8