Post-Game Discussion Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Bulldogs
13 4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 18:15
80th minute

Match Stats

Said I'd be happy with a one-point win so I'll be happy. But man, if we didn't put so much effort into trying to lose a game we wouldn't have to put even more effort into trying to win. Tommy, Walker, Foz were just heroic. Jake and Croker also good and I thought Lawton straightened things up as well when he was on the field.

Cherry can take the glory for the field goal that floated over, but if he had any feeling for the game of rugby league we would have never needed him to do it. Still can't quite believe that, in conditions resembling a Biblical flood, we didn't take the gift of two points when we were offered them. Points were hard to come by and we'd made plenty of handling errors, so why wouldn't we take the easy two points, get the ball back and start all over again?

If you are suggesting inside centre .... do we need 4 play makers. For that to work you need Croker to go with either DCE/Walker/Lawton to be dummy half. You can't have all the above and Jake being ball distributors. Not saying that is bad, but clearly again this week there were 3 standout drops...
Harper, Taupau, Croker. But I guess we all see it, the management don't, but we have no idea about what we are talking about. If I was Harper, my coach would have got the hook out last week
I just want to see Walker in the centres running hard at the line, as some have said, he's our hardest running forward, which is sad, put him wider off the ruck and let him have a crack. He doesn't have to be a playmaker then.

There's bigger issues to address than where walker plays, but if I had the answers I wouldn't be an armchair coach....

That was absolute dog ****, disgusting at your home ground opening a new stand as well.

nothing but errors and slop all game, just lucky the dogs are ****, I would have rather a loss than this pathetic fake win

we are ** so ** and will battle for the spoon unless changes are made!

Harper - see ya
Schuster - when back needs to play 5/8
Tom - Needs to play in the centres in attack
Marty - ship him off now, error machine who looks like he don’t give a toss

Mate, are you serious?

Foz was outstanding. Why are you replacing him? And he's been great (maybe the best) all year !

Have you played footy in that weather? On new turf? At night? That wasn't a fake win, that was us digging our heels in. We just wanted it more. You realise we completely dominated field position in the second half, and allowed 0 tries?

Who are you replacing Tommy with? Let's see him on a dry track.

Appreciate your opinion mate, but jeez, I disagree with a lot there.

DCE is a good 1/2 half it just baffles me that in a games he just hasn’t got that game management needed , I think it will improve when Manly get Schuster back ( like when he play with gifty )
The 360s are driving me mad. If there’s nothing on just do one dummy and run hard straight and get a quick play the ball. It will be so much better for team momentum.

Mate, are you serious?

Foz was outstanding. Why are you replacing him? And he's been great (maybe the best) all year !

Have you played footy in that weather? On new turf? At night? That wasn't a fake win, that was us digging our heels in. We just wanted it more. You realise we completely dominated field position in the second half, and allowed 0 tries?

Who are you replacing Tommy with? Let's see him on a dry track.

Appreciate your opinion mate, but jeez, I disagree with a lot there.
Fox goes well we just need more creativity

Tom only plays centre in attack

yes i’ve played footy and i used to ref grade footy also

in that weather you hold the ball and don’t make mistakes

we had plenty of ball in the second half and could not do a thing with it

thanks buddy :)

DCE is a good 1/2 half it just baffles me that in a games he just hasn’t got that game management needed , I think it will improve when Manly get Schuster back ( like when he play with gifty )
it’s tough because at times he doesn’t but then the long kick from inside our 40m to just get it out of the red zone to play it down Dogs end with 2 mins on the clock was brilliant game management. Also, he called the set up plays and positioned himself for the field goal and iced it...he is a real enigma. Can be headless chook and calm and composed game manager within 5 mins of each other.

Marty hit it up well in the conditions. No silly offloads. Think he went ok.
Just the usual, a few mid strengths with Shiraz chasers. What medication were you on to see it differently?
Just the usual, a few mid strengths with Shiraz chasers. What medication were you on to see it differently?
I've been having a nice mix of Bacardi & coke with the follow up of the mandatory Shiraz. about to have another, do you want one?

Fox goes well we just need more creativity

Tom only plays centre in attack

yes i’ve played footy and i used to ref grade footy also

in that weather you hold the ball and don’t make mistakes

we had plenty of ball in the second half and could not do a thing with it

thanks buddy :)

As soon as Schuster slots into the backrow, we are exponentially more creative as a team I reckon. Aloiai will add a lot of aggression and up-tempo play, too, and that will be infectious.

We need another point of attack. Even the Dogs shut Tom down. Des hasn't altered anything on last year except our ability to attack which has gone backwards. We need Koula in for Harper for starters because the kid can create something with his speed. Desperately need Schuster as well. Those 2 can give us more options in attack. Aloiai back in for Davey who wasn't very effective and can provide more aggression but at least the props stood up better tonight.

I intended to watch the game live but the sudden downpour had me out the back putting in my temporary syphon drainage, would relish enough dry weather and no covid in the house so I can sort it out permanently.

Now anyway so I started watching the game whilst getting Mr 4 months ready for bed and making dinner.

We are dead set our own worst enemies. We really don't need to say anymore than that. Hold the ball and don't do stupid **** that's about it.

Seriously we look as disjointed as we used to under Trent. Nothing is connecting nothing feels like it's got any cohesion it's just completely and utterly all over the place.

I'll take the win. Last year sprung off of a 1 point win. Let's see if that triggers something.

Tom is obviously carrying an injury.

Des is behind the pace, he has coached for last year everyone else has coached for last year and this year.

We have gone backward on attack and stayed the same in defense.

Go manly

As soon as Schuster slots into the backrow, we are exponentially more creative as a team I reckon. Aloiai will add a lot of aggression and up-tempo play, too, and that will be infectious.
Let’s hope so brother because at the moment we are ****ed

I just want to see Walker in the centres running hard at the line, as some have said, he's our hardest running forward, which is sad, put him wider off the ruck and let him have a crack. He doesn't have to be a playmaker then.

There's bigger issues to address than where walker plays, but if I had the answers I wouldn't be an armchair coach....
Mate fair call like the rest of us. We try to make players play where they want or where the team want's them to play. Somewhere that becomes a problem and I guess to a degree that is Walker's issue. He thought he was a 5/8 but we all knew he was a centre. It's similar to my wife and myself, I see myself as a stud, and my wife says I'm a lemon.... one of us is right?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10