Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 06:15 PM

Team Lists

The Dog's right edge defence looked shaky last night. I think we will be attacking down that side.
Both those teams looked shaky on their edges I thought. It was a good game of footy to watch as both sides are in each other’s class. And Pangai clearly had a point to prove v Haas. I’m confident we will put the sword through the dogs next.

Huh?:eek:
Not sure I got the memo?

13th is bottom 4 mate. Math might not be my strong point, but......I......I don't know how to debate this with you. I'm cooked. I have nothing. Anyone? S.O.S.
While you make some good points, 75% of your comments are death ridding ones.

While you make some good points, 75% of your comments are death ridding ones.

Well thank god. Better to be ridding ourselves of death type comments. Hate to be a poster who would actually ride death. Much research go into the 75%, or did you just use hypothesis in your calculation?

Well thank god. Better to be ridding ourselves of death type comments. Hate to be a poster who would actually ride death. Much research go into the 75%, or did you just use hypothesis in your calculation?
I think most on here are tired of you deriding the team, and usually with sarcastic comments. Doesn't hurt to be a little positive once in a while.

I think most on here are tired of you deriding the team, and usually with sarcastic comments. Doesn't hurt to be a little positive once in a while.

I'm "positive" we need to improve. How's that ?

On a serious note, I've always backed Walker. I've constantly talked up Croker (who's done his best given what's expected). I've always backed Saab. I constantly talk about our juniors and GIVING THEM A DAMNED GO. I absolutely loved Sirro (and I copped heaps for backing these players)etc, etc, etc.

What you (and others) do, is cherry pick what a particular poster says, because in your mind(s), only the positives matter (generally), so you read that, forget it and move on, because you agree. Then what you (and others) do is focus on the negative someone posts, it sticks as it's not your view, and that's your perception of them as a whole. THUS, the old, "playing the man" debate rolls around every day, and frankly, it's kinda sad.

This is very one sighted, narrow minded, and boring. I probably dislike the "usual herd" coming on after a flogging & through the week who have a go at people who are venting frustrations, critiquing the team / players, and suggesting improvements, as much as you do the negativity.

But you see how it's a vicious cycle?

All of that goes away, with a little empathy, the ability to open your mind, the ability to reason / debate with someone who dares to have a different opinion and/or who dares to voice that how they like (which I may dare say be different to how you voice yours). That's how Silvertails started. A small group who wanted to be able to speak / say / voice / share what they want, without the official forum members frothing at the mouth.

There were some terribly negative posters. But know what, we all got along, met up, laughed about it, debated it and moved on. There was none of this "you're so negative" crying bull**** that's become prominent here. It was adult men and women, talking football, not each other. Who CARES if someone is negative 75% of the time. Does that really affect you THAT much? Honestly mate, there are more important things to worry about.

On a serious note, I've always backed Walker. I've constantly talked up Croker (who's done his best given what's expected). I've always backed Saab. I constantly talk about our juniors and GIVING THEM A DAMNED GO. I absolutely loved Sirro (and I copped heaps for backing these players)etc, etc, etc.

What you (and others) do, is cherry pick what a particular poster says, because in your mind(s), only the positives matter (generally), so you read that, forget it and move on, because you agree. Then what you (and others) do is focus on the negative someone posts, it sticks as it's not your view, and that's your perception of them as a whole. THUS, the old, "playing the man" debate rolls around every day, and frankly, it's kinda sad.

This is very one sighted, narrow minded, and boring. I probably dislike the "usual herd" coming on after a flogging & through the week who have a go at people who are venting frustrations, critiquing the team / players, and suggesting improvements, as much as you do the negativity.

All of that goes away, with a little empathy, the ability to open your mind, the ability to reason / debate with someone who dares to have a different opinion and/or who dares to voice that how they like (which I may dare say be different to how you voice yours). That's how Silvertails started. A small group who wanted to be able to speak / say / voice / share what they want, without the official forum members frothing at the mouth.

There were some terribly negative posters. But know what, we all got along, met up, laughed about it, debated it and moved on. There was none of this "you're so negative" crying bull**** that's become prominent here. It was adult men and women, talking football, not each other. Who CARES if someone is negative 75% of the time. Does that really affect you THAT much? Honestly mate, there are more important things to worry about.
I can count on one finger, Silvertalers that I agree with 100% of the time (It's me). It'd be nice if people recognised that the positivity and negativity come from the same place, a deep passion for our club and played the ball not the man.

Last edited:

maybe I've got you all figured wrong, Ryan. I've only been on Silvertails since last August. So tell me, do you still make scathing comments after Manly wins.

maybe I've got you all figured wrong, Ryan. I've only been on Silvertails since last August. So tell me, do you still make scathing comments after Manly wins.

Nope. I'm delighted after wins, and bask in the glory of them all week :thumbsup:

If you've only been on since August, I would have been pumped, because that month from memory we toweled the Sharks, obliterated The Eels, beat Canberra and The Dogs but lost to a high flyer (Panthers or Rabbits I think).

From the 10th September 2021 to present though, we've REALLY struggled.

40 - 12 loss to Storm
42 - 6 win over Chooks
36 - 16 loss to Rabbits
28 - 6 loss to Panthers
26 - 12 loss to Chooks

Unfortunately it's the same pattern in all games (Turbo shut down, not making metres out of our own zone, paper thin defense, everything done at a snails pace - particularly the ruck both in attack and defense) - all examples of being out coached / poor attitude (also coaching).

But when we are winning, there's no bigger homer.

The dogs have a decent pack on paper, if they rip in and play with some toughness they can win the middle.

Not an easy game when your forwards have been MIA.

Burton has a good kicking game, all down to Des and the middle men.
They’ll also be looking for revenge for the floggings we gave them last season.

I'm willing to bet you $1000 that we dont finish bottom 4 this year.

We can keep tabs of it on here and post pics of the receipt of transfer.

My concern is winning in those last 3 weeks of the finals, zero concern about being down the bottom of the ladder
No chance. I stopped betting on NRL a long time ago.

The dogs have a decent pack on paper, if they rip in and play with some toughness they can win the middle.

Not an easy game when your forwards have been MIA.

Burton has a good kicking game, all down to Des and the middle men.
Plus Gould is no slouch... Dogs will win many games this year with him in Trent's ear, as well as a few of his inspirational talks directly to players.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12