Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 06:15 PM

Team Lists

Good perspective on where we are right now, like you I'm in the, it's only rd 2 camp, we've had worse starts in the past. It all starts in the pre-game warmup and drills, and what Des says in the dressing sheds that translates to effort on effort for 80min. Need to get off to a flyer from the start, dominate early in the forwards and the rest will flow. Manly 14+... we're at Brookie now, it's time to rebuild the fortress !! Also, wishing your 11yr old a speedy recovery Waz, have a work friend in Bris who has 3 kids all with covid, it's awful !!
Thanks mate fortunately he’s mature enough to accept the situation and is adhering to quarantine away from us at the other end of the house. If it was my younger boy it would be a matter of time until we all had it. Very selfish but I have a boys golf trip away starting next Sat and the start of 3 weeks of leave and am praying I’m good to go. I work in a challenging field (child protection) and with Covid I won’t lie the past 4mths have been exhausting. I really need this break and am at the point where the prospect of more than a 7day iso is unbearable right now. Fingers crossed it ends after 7! A win today will help the morale that’s for sure!

Thanks mate fortunately he’s mature enough to accept the situation and is adhering to quarantine away from us at the other end of the house. If it was my younger boy it would be a matter of time until we all had it. Very selfish but I have a boys golf trip away starting next Sat and the start of 3 weeks of leave and am praying I’m good to go. I work in a challenging field (child protection) and with Covid I won’t lie the past 4mths have been exhausting. I really need this break and am at the point where the prospect of more than a 7day iso is unbearable right now. Fingers crossed it ends after 7! A win today will help the morale that’s for sure!
I'm sure it'll all work out, I've been on golf trips with the boys also, most of the time I'm half way up my legs in pond water trying to retrieve sunken balls from bad second shots. And they call it relaxation !!

and just like clockwork....Soup emerges from the depths of despair to put a whammy on us !!

Told you all so

what a disgusting pathetic performance on your home ground with a new stand behind opened against a **** side coached by a moron

13-12 win with 83728282873 errors

PUTRID

I can't watch our so-called coach um and rrrr through the post match interview. Don't want to hear excuses from that dud.

Too true and, I'm glad I only had to watch half of it.

At the moment they look like chooks running around with their headscut off in attack.

Thankfully the defence was somewhat better.

Dogs absolutely showed up our predictability in attack and never once seemed distracted by the decoy runner...

Thank f for Foran's beautiful harbour bridge pass to Garrick which imo was the only bit of inspired footy in 80 min...

I know it was wet and the dogs defended well but Jeez our attack reminded me of the first few rounds of last year when we went side-to-side and never looked threatening...

2 points is 2 points tho I guess and hopefully the boys take some confidence out of the win...

Told you all so

what a disgusting pathetic performance on your home ground with a new stand behind opened against a **** side coached by a moron

PUTRID
So you see an improvement then

Things I liked

1. Tommy taking control and looking hungry. May not have got all the stats but if he continues to play like that he will be there when things happen.

2. Foran standing up and taking control of the left hand side, also showed some toe for that scoot out of dummy half.

3. Last 7 mins from Chez. First time this season I’ve seen him stand up and lead the team.

Things I didn’t like

1. Harper playing with no confidence, don’t like seeing it especially knowing how much better he can be. Might be worth playing a few games back in reserve grade to get the mind and body right (wanting to see him fight his way back)

2. Chez first 73 mins, looked frantic. Hope he takes a lot from seeing what can happen when he takes control.

3. Tapau or any forward for that matter thinking about a kick on the opposition 20. Every big boy should be running off the back fence with a mentality of “try and stop me”

Let’s hope this is the win we needed to kick start our season. Tommy more involved and Chez in control are huge changes. Primary focuses for next week should be defensive structure, pack mentality and ball control. Bring on Raiders

Told you all so

PUTRID
mmm....Soup, putrid would be losing the game, we won, so, not so putrid. You can crawl back in your hole now as we wait with bated breath for more pearls of wisdom from yourself on the upcoming Raiders game.

Things I liked

1. Tommy taking control and looking hungry. May not have got all the stats but if he continues to play like that he will be there when things happen.

2. Foran standing up and taking control of the left hand side, also showed some toe for that scoot out of dummy half.

3. Last 7 mins from Chez. First time this season I’ve seen him stand up and lead the team.

Things I didn’t like

1. Harper playing with no confidence, don’t like seeing it especially knowing how much better he can be. Might be worth playing a few games back in reserve grade to get the mind and body right (wanting to see him fight his way back)

2. Chez first 73 mins, looked frantic. Hope he takes a lot from seeing what can happen when he takes control.

3. Tapau or any forward for that matter thinking about a kick on the opposition 20. Every big boy should be running off the back fence with a mentality of “try and stop me”

Let’s hope this is the win we needed to kick start our season. Tommy more involved and Chez in control are huge changes. Primary focuses for next week should be defensive structure, pack mentality and ball control. Bring on Raiders
wow...I have never seen so many brain fades in one Manly game. Keppie offloads in traffic 5m out from our line, resulting in a try against us after 3min. Harper, instead of catching it he knee's it, next, lollipops the ball in the air to a doggies player. Kapow puts in an insane nothing chip kick, actually more of a mini bomb tbh. About 20 team errors in total, just think how well we'd go if we could of eliminated all of these.

wow...I have never seen so many brain fades in one Manly game. Keppie offloads in traffic 5m out from our line, resulting in a try against us after 3min. Harper, instead of catching it he knee's it, next, lollipops the ball in the air to a doggies player. Kapow puts in an insane nothing chip kick, actually more of a mini bomb tbh. About 20 team errors in total, just think how well we'd go if we could of eliminated all of these.
100% 🙏 I think it all starts the captain. If Chez can stay composed the rest of the team will follow. Let’s hope we can say goodbye to those stupid errors

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8