Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 06:15 PM

Team Lists

Everyone wins the middle against us. Unless we can toughen up, especially now that the NRL and the refs have decided to slow the game down again, we're in for a long year.
The last 4 games definitely the middle has been non existent, the Knights played a middle fairly unknown today and got the better of a more experienced pack.

That’s somewhat of a problem with Des and the loyalty he shows, the middle needs some changes, won’t happen but Tuitavake should get a bench spot, would send a message to tge underperforming players.

From a psychology perspective I think some of the less talented players in the squad are suffering somewhat of the Dunning Krueger effect.

The Dogs are definitely not the same team as last year. They've recruited aggressively and got some good value by buying up other clubs' dickheads. We should be better than them, but we also should have put in a better showing against the Panthers and Roosters.

Dogs with Marshall-King and then Biondi-Odo out of dummy half will have us in chaos next week. Add in Burton's towering kicks and we are 100s to win.

A very rare internet opportunity tonight in the Victorian High country where I’m at presently.

I’ve watched both games but been unable to comment.

I’m sure we’ll improve but gee it would be nice to kick things off more positively wouldn’t it !!

Finally we will get a win and off the spoon this week.

Des can finally have a thread that he outcoached Twent. :party:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220320-202822_NRL.jpg
    Screenshot_20220320-202822_NRL.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 19
This game presents such a massive dilemma.
In the off season I bought two new pairs of sneakers. I went with a bit of a maroon and white theme, thinking they'd bring us luck on game day. First pair clearly didn't work so I went with the second pair on Friday.
WTF am I supposed to wear now?
You wear the old sneakers or whatever you wore last year (after round 4). Easy fix :)

Dogs pack will absolutely run over the top of us next week. This is going to be a serious embarrassment next week. I can see 2 teams so far who will definitely be in the bottom 4. Tigers and Manly. This is going to be a long disappointing season boys and girls. We are so far off the pace of all the other teams bar the Tigers.
I think we can turn it around if we have the CORRECT TEAM SELECTIONS , score first early, don’t give away possession and 6 agains ( take note JAKE!!!!! ) and actually have a game plan Aand B if things go wrong instead of waiting for Turbo to do everything. BUT EASIER SAID THAN DONE and I hope you learn from the previous pathetic results against the top 4 (especially from our so called forward pack).

This game presents such a massive dilemma.
In the off season I bought two new pairs of sneakers. I went with a bit of a maroon and white theme, thinking they'd bring us luck on game day. First pair clearly didn't work so I went with the second pair on Friday.
WTF am I supposed to wear now?
As long as your not pingeon toed, have duck feet or crows foot, go barefoot and we will soar like eagles @:)

Dogs pack will absolutely run over the top of us next week. This is going to be a serious embarrassment next week. I can see 2 teams so far who will definitely be in the bottom 4. Tigers and Manly. This is going to be a long disappointing season boys and girls. We are so far off the pace of all the other teams bar the Tigers.
TPJ offloaded at will. As did a number of their forwards. And fuk me with a broomstick, Waddell was one of their best! His stats were huge 189 run metres/ 73 post contact metres, 20 hit ups and 28 tackles. No doubt he’ll want to put on a show against us.
We have to start with Lawton. The pace the Dogs created in the ruck will have Croker backpedaling from the get-go.

I'm willing to bet you $1000 that we dont finish bottom 4 this year.

We can keep tabs of it on here and post pics of the receipt of transfer.

My concern is winning in those last 3 weeks of the finals, zero concern about being down the bottom of the ladder

I'm willing to bet you $1000 that we dont finish bottom 4 this year.

We can keep tabs of it on here and post pics of the receipt of transfer.

My concern is winning in those last 3 weeks of the finals, zero concern about being down the bottom of the ladder

Take this bet @mickqld
We could come 13th, and Disco would still owe you a grand. I honestly think The Tigers get us atm, and they are horrible.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8