Post-Game Discussion Manly v Bulldogs [Round 24, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Bulldogs
36 Moreton Daily Stadium
29 Aug 2021 13:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Shoe1

Journey Man
Was it just me or did the field seem a little narrow?

On screen we looked like we ran ourselves out of room very quickly most of the time when usually there would be ample room.
:) small in-goals too I thought.

I think it was Manly's tendency to go wide too early, and Canterbury were expecting it so slid out there. The point has been made earlier, but once Manly changed to inside balls and angles back inside the gaps opened up. Possibly Manly should have adjusted earlier.

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
I'd be waiting to see what happens on their next game before you start throwing streamers in the air.
Trent has already thrown the streamers into the air and picked them up again, rerolled them ready for recycling them for next weeks dogs game.

Tigers loss against Dogs and Trent will be happy with a pretty good year for them.

eagleron

Bencher
Was it just me or did the field seem a little narrow?

On screen we looked like we ran ourselves out of room very quickly most of the time when usually there would be ample room.
The in goals looked pretty skinny as well, maybe just an optical illusion but to me they looked skinny as

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I reckon Sironen and Toff will be replaced. Walker adds too much versatility now, so can now cover forwards and backs.

It also adds another level of unpredictability in terms of a ball player (when he doesn’t hog) and kicker.

his tackle to force the drop out was pure strength.

NYEagle

Bencher
WTF? Fox stating Dogs robbed. Sea Eagles get rub of the green..... seriously!!
Toms try was definitely a try. He had the ball against his body, it never left his hand and he even regripped before the ball hit the ground. TRY move on.

I just don’t get what Vossy and Barrett are smoking.

I thought it was a good game played in good spirit and everyone should shut up. The dogs handled possession very well and no team can score without the ball. Manly were cotton wooling in this one to avoid injury or suspensions and we won so that’s the end of the section.

NYEagle

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Toms try was definitely a try. He had the ball against his body, it never left his hand and he even regripped before the ball hit the ground. TRY move on.

I thought it was a good game played in good spirit and everyone should shut up. The dogs handled possession very well and no team can score without the ball. Manly were cotton wooling in this one to avoid injury or suspensions and we won so that’s the end of the section.

NYEagle
Yep, no doubt about Turbo’ being a fair try as at no time did a hand leave the ball even if he did roll it across his stomach.

Good on the Dogs for putting up a fight and as long a Barrett isn’t coach next year, they’ll be close or in the 8 with their new signings. Some people are meant to be managers and some executive assistants. Barrett seems to be a good executive assistant.

Having looked now at three replays of the game, we seemed to be running some new plays and that maybe why we were clunky with uncertainty about the play.

Certainly passes were off. Foran went ‘off’ at Schuster for something when a ball was dropped and Schuster wasn’t even involved in the play. Maybe he should have been, as a few plays later, the same play and Schuster drifts back to the right, passes to Turbo and under the posts.

I thought they were trying some new inside plays with Turbo and a few others which they may have practised at training however not in a game. It certainly looked like it, as they were clunky.

What that game will do is make other coaches have to re-evaluate plans to stop Turbo. Is he going inside or outside?

Having watched the game 3 times, I am stunned with the distance Turbo covers. I cannot imagine how many metres he actually runs in a game (with and without the ball).

Forster eagle

Reserve Grader
Toms try was definitely a try. He had the ball against his body, it never left his hand and he even regrippe
Vossy wanted them beaten so badly he was incensed at anything manly had go their way.
It was embarrassing for him to at one stage announce he was just a casual observer...be f**ked he was.
I myself was starting to enjoy the hate being piled onto the manly team.....only good things from that.

d before the ball hit the ground. TRY move on.

NYEagle

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Voss' commentary was diabolical, I literally can't remember the last time I've heard a commentator trying to will the match toward a particular result as much as he was doing yesterday.
He's employed to try to make the matches sound interesting, they all are. But many times the match just isn't interesting, and Voss's comedian/footy expert/general chatty non-stop gibber drives me crazy. Not sure how many years he's been doing it, or whether he's gotten worse, or maybe I just have a threshold for Voss tolerance and have well and truly hit it.

Jerry1

First Grader
Voss' commentary was diabolical, I literally can't remember the last time I've heard a commentator trying to will the match toward a particular result as much as he was doing yesterday.
It really annoyed me. Voss was crapping on like a kennel forum retard. Usually I can turn a deaf ear to it but he was so one eyed that I lost it totally listening to his ranting gibberish.

Foxtel should take a good look at this bumbling fool and ask if he deserves another contract.

Surely there has to be a better option out there...

eagleron

Bencher
Trent has already thrown the streamers into the air and picked them up again, rerolled them ready for recycling them for next weeks dogs game.

Tigers loss against Dogs and Trent will be happy with a pretty good year for them.
Just think, if Twenty hadn't thrown his toys out of the cot at Manly we could be enjoying that lofty standard of success, pity really

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12