Post-Game Discussion Manly v Bulldogs [Round 24, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Bulldogs
36 Moreton Daily Stadium
29 Aug 2021 13:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Did Aloai get charged, I hope not, with points from the last suspension he may do some time on the side lines. I'm liking what Aloai is giving us, good hard carry's and no nonsense defence.
I doubt he will get any time. There was absolutely nothing in it and definitely should not have been binned. Penalty was quite sufficient. Close to MOM for mine. Great game and build up for the finals. He will be one of our best next few weeks.

No doubt we looked flat this week and also last week as well.

This is where we really do not have any info to go on - I wonder what the training load was in the past couple of weeks (Gus has mentioned in the past about teams loading up on heavy sessions just before the end of the regular season)

They're pathetic. I hate clubs that stoop so low as to get excited about losing. We've watched the likes of Barrett and Walters talk about being proud all year and they're sitting 15 and 16 respectively. Nothing to be proud of.
Yeah, Kevvie takes the cake, wants people and jurnos to feel sorry for him. Can you ever imagine someone like him coaching Manly ugh !! nightmarish..., he should be stamped SOO ONLY !!!

Gave the Raiders a decent start but lucky to have the composure to overcome that ,
There's been several games this year when we've got behind by 12 or so yet still come back to win. Even the Storm game we came back to take the lead but couldn't hang on to it.
All those comebacks would have given the side plenty of belief.
So if they do fall behind in the finals I'm fairly confident they won't panic (although I probably will).

Was it just me or did the field seem a little narrow?

On screen we looked like we ran ourselves out of room very quickly most of the time when usually there would be ample room.

Yeah, that was funny alright. I was seated just behind Keppie who was playing the ball boy when the Bunker Ref made that call and called out Keppies name. Keppie and the touch touch judge had a chuckle on that one.
Was watching on tellie but had momentarily left the room so missed it when I got back as the penalty was taken I asked the Mrs, son and daughter, what for

All of them just said, the ball boy was penalised for being on the field, I'm like WTF @:D
They got me good

There's been several games this year when we've got behind by 12 or so yet still come back to win. Even the Storm game we came back to take the lead but couldn't hang on to it.
All those comebacks would have given the side plenty of belief.
So if they do fall behind in the finals I'm fairly confident they won't panic (although I probably will).
The key is to hit back quickly. Yesterday, I was thinking it was crucial to score quickly after the Okunbor try. It just deflates the opposition. If we'd gone to half time down 12-4 the belief the Dogs would have gotten out of that would have been huge. Instead, they get their tails up and we put them right back in their place before they can blink and it is deflating.

It's exactly what Melbourne did to us. We got up 14-8 but they hit back the next set and mentally, to get in front only to see it vanish in smoke seconds later, is a huge psychological crush.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12