Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

31 6
4 Pines Park
04 Mar 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the bench, it seems Seibold and Flanagan want really high impact players, not big plodders like Toff, as replacements. Bullemore, with his speed, can certainly get over the advantage lne with each carry and Burbo is much the same this year, since he's 'bulked up', and as we saw in the trials.

To me, it makes perfect sense to have Jake as prop, as that's where he plays for NSW and Australia, and he tightens the defence in the middle and when he hits in defence, it hurts, however, he always apologises.

Keppie at lock is interesting although, I think by round 6 you'll see Samuela Fainu there.

Barring injuries, I can't see any changes to the backline and Cooper Johns will just replace DCE during Origin, and Shu when and if he gets injured. Maybe Garrick for Parker when Saab comes back from injury and Weekes for Turbo, if he breaks down again and while it may not be a hamstring, unfortunately, I cannot see it not happening (shoulder, ribs or whatever), however, I hope not.

It's interesting that Seibold has already moved Jake into prop, as he plays for NSW and Australia in that position, so I would not be surpised if he puts Weekes at fullback and Turbo into the centres at some stage during games. It makes sense, given that's where Turbo plays for NSW and Australia.

The forwards, however, I can see plenty of changes over the year and the only three I would assume will not change, barring injury, are Jake, Olakau'atu and Tuilagi. I think Fainu, Fifita and Tuitavake will be pushing for spots well before mid season. In fact I was interested that one of the Daily Mispellagraph tipped Samuela Fainu to be 'Rookie of the Year.'
This looks like an awesome post, but I have been at the Tropic at Burleigh for my 60th since midday & I can’t read anything that long. But I really want to compliment you for this thorough post 😎

I think the 66-0 was at CommBank Stadium (ie the Slime home turf).

Might be wrong... but we kinda owned that venue in 2021 - I was lucky enough to be there for one of the games!
Oops, my bad...I'm looking at my 66-0 stubby holder and you're right...it says Bankwest Stadium (now CommBank). Also you're doubly right, we did have some wins there in 2021!

(PS And I'm from NthNarra too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4