Game Day: Manly v Broncos [Round 9, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In perspective, they scored tries after being forced to kick ....with little pressure on the kicker and Elliott greenly positioned at the back.
Had a couple of tries disallowed- 1 I agree 100% forward, the other was a try.
The kicking game inside their 20m line not only got zero results as in tries....but also rare repeat sets after bouncing off legs and them falling on it....poor ends to the sets and this expected with your key half and big time players missing

Still think :

08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Should be the team..
Nice backline, but who have you got in the forwards?

This coverage is giving mythological status to the win by the broncos.

To anyone who knows rugby league it is a false dawn. Why even try to build it up into anything more than a scratchy win against a depleted opposition?

Slo-mo replays of everyone running to Darius. They are just desperate gimps licking up to a fading matinee idol. When the whips are cracking in September Darius is the last player I’d back.

My mate is an avid Broncs fan and his old man former chairman of the QRL. He text me tonight saying he felt worse for the Broncs prospects after that win then he did before kick off. They are terrible and any sound judge of the game would agree. Manly lost how many troops from a side that already has about 3.5mil in cap on the sideline. I’m proud of the boys effort, on to the shire next week, which we’ll be up for.

Still think :

08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Should be the team..

Have you seen Paseka play for BWSE this year?

He is a massive unit but last I checked, he is not playing like he would be an upgrade on Boyle at the moment.

No 5/8, they don't win today - Milf was the magician today.:wait:

Sadly LG is the meek rabbit in the hat :confused:

Please don’t compare Milford to Elgey after that game. Elgey was the only kicking option behind a side that was completely decimated by injury. Milford was good but that’s about it. He played well against an equally depleted sharks side as well, yet where was he the following week.

He wasn’t great but it’s pretty ordinary calling one of our players the Magic Pudding. As usual you shoot off your mouth when we have a loss .
I don’t want to put shiit on the team tonight, but I did think Magic Pudding was a pretty apt appraisal of his efforts so far.

If it were up to me (thank God its not), but this is the side I would have for next week, depending on who we have lost and/or got back.

Elliot, Taufua, Walker, Parker, Garrick, Croker/Cust, Elgey, Fonua-Blake, Koroisau, Taupau, Thompson, Sironen, Trbojevic
Bench - Fainu, Gosiewski, Waddell, Tanginoa.

Please don’t compare Milford to Elgey after that game. Elgey was the only kicking option behind a side that was completely decimated by injury. Milford was good but that’s about it. He played well against an equally depleted sharks side as well, yet where was he the following week.
I wasn't, it was a response to Ryan's post that Nikorema was out so Broncs were also weakened.

But our 5/8 was Siro, a second rower, whilst there's was the regular 5/8 Milf :cool:

draw coming up
Sharks away 4pm shark park
Gold Coast Titans 5 days later brookvale oval 6 pm
panthers away Thursday night 30th May
Then a big 9 day break before cowboys up in North Queensland 8th June
Dragons 2pm brookvale Sunday 16th June
Titans away Saturday 3 pm 29th of June with rep weekend in between 16-29th
Bye for us

So if we can drag 2/4 leading into the dragons game at home , then a break and one more match before the bye will see us in a good position.

Had some hopes for LG when we signed him but he’s showing nothing. Rarely throws a good pass. Can’t get a grabber kick through the line. Can sometimes put a player into a hole. Take away the harbour bridge pass to a winger and he’s got bugga all. I hope Cust gets a run. May not turn out to be a game winner but seems like a heads up player with real potential.

I’d like to see you play half behind that injury depleted side as the only kicking option. He’s certainly no world beater but it’s a bit rough putting the boot into the half after tonight. Elgey wasn't the only one that couldn’t get a grubbed through the line. Do you know how predictable it is for an opposition when you only have one kicking option?

Don't know which idiot commentator was waxing lyrical about Boyd early in the second half on Fox (Jack showed that Boyd is very much still a defensive liability) but the more they celebrate mediocrity from other clubs the more our team can work on improving while staying under the radar.

On Manly, Elliot still has a long way to go as his defensive reads were poor. Effort was there but unfortunately lacked direction without Croker. That said, I think we could've won had we not got injuries mid game.

Just got home from a night out and watched the game with a few mates . Haven't gone through previous comments on the match , but will say injuries aside we showed guts and determination. Hasler has instilled self belief amongst this playing group and believe it or not we are in for one hell of a ride in the next few years.

The commentary on this match was complete rubbish. It's supposed to be impartial. Magic round at donkey land. Lockyer and Thaiday in the commentary team. They talked the broncos up from kick off. Just a hurl fest.
Tough loss. Proud of the effort from Manly.
Fox had Corey Parker ( worst, biased commentator I've ever heard ) & Ennis with the Darius lovefest . Then after the Match , Gordy , Meninga & Vonny continuing it .

Fox had Parker ( worst, biased commentator I've ever heard ) & Ennis with the Darius lovefest . Then after the Match , Gordy , Meninga & Vonny continuing it .
It was sickening. 90% of the muppets at fox know f*** all about the game imo. That’s why all these clowns pick the Broncs and Penrith to win each year. Idiots!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8