Game Day: Manly v Broncos [Round 9, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Felt bad for Miski.
He was filthy after the 2nd disallowed try.
Poor bugger will get another opportunity for his 1st grade try.

Reminds me of that other Manly Winger, we lost his first 11 games he played? and didn't score a try. I think Miski is a talent, I'm sure he's not far away.

I think the presser after the game showed the massive difference between this year and last.

Reporter “Gallant effort out there tonight Des”

Des “Yeah, but we didn’t get the 2 points”

Loved it.
I loved the comment - marginal Ben Cummins! :rofl:
Go Des!

Injury could crush Bird's Blues hopes as Broncos win
By Adrian Proszenko - SMH
May 10, 2019 — 10.28pm

Jack Bird has suffered a suspected ACL injury that has cruelled his chances of returning to the State of Origin arena.

With Brisbane teammate James Roberts unlikely to retain his Blues jersey after being dropped, Bird had emerged as the favourite to fill the void. The timing couldn’t have been any worse for Anthony Seibold or Brad Fittler. The former had only just dropped fellow centre James Roberts, making it almost impossible for the latter to pick him. Now Seibold may have to recall ‘Jimmy the Jet’ in a move that could give him an a belated opportunity to press his claims for the Blues.

After being forced from the field with the injury at the hour mark, Bird joins Joey Leilua as a strong three-quarter contender now scratched for the series. The setbacks have opened the door for Clint Gutherson and Jack Wighton to press their claims.

It was one of several serious injuries that overshadowed the Magic Round. Manly’s Apisai Koroisau, Moses Suli and Tof Sipley have been added to an already bulging injury ward. In Sipley’s case, it appears a broken leg. No team has been more decimated by injuries.

In one coach’s box was the Dally M coach of the year. In the other, the man making an irresistible claim for the gong when it is next awarded.

Story continues at link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...ues-hopes-as-broncos-win-20190510-p51m7w.html

One of the rare commentator / articles that actually acknowledge Manly played against the Broncos last night, let alone with a depleted roster. Refreshing after the love fest for Broncos last night on nein.

Disappointed with the loss last night though proud they had a dig, down on troops as they were and more going down all night, game plans out the window, forced positional changes, at one stage not having any centers on the field, at which point we had no regular back line personal on the field, only a rookie, and stop gap forwards for 15 minutes to fill the entire backline :eek: with LG the only other, they toughed it out as much as they could, just couldn't overcome that horrendous injury toll.
Heads up boys the bad luck has to stop sometime

You have seen more of the BWSE side than most here... Is he consistently one of our best forwards for that side or did he have 1 good game? Because I'd point out that Lloyd Perrett has had good games at NRL level but he was/is not consistent enough to secure a spot.

From the matches I saw Paseka seemed like he lacked intensity both in attack and defense. He is a massive unit and I believe he is in our Top 30, so there must be a reason that he hasn't been selected by Des so far this year.
Lane was poor in reggies but stepped up in firsts,did not say he was good all year,just that he put it together last week,might as well cash in on good form?

Disappointed with the loss last night though proud they had a dig, down on troops as they were and more going down all night, game plans out the window, forced positional changes, at one stage not having any centers on the field, at which point we had no regular back line personal on the field, only a rookie, and stop gap forwards for 15 minutes to fill the entire backline :eek: with LG the only other, they toughed it out as much as they could, just couldn't overcome that horrendous injury toll.
Heads up boys the bad luck has to stop sometime

Well said mate , You summed it up very well .

Very heroic performance by our depleted troops .

We also had a disallowed try and the broncos also scored 2 opportunist kicks near the posts to make things tougher for us .

This courageous display can only add to our character building as a team .

Unlike last season when we caved in under adversity and surrendered and totally capitulated

We can all be proud of our teams gallant effort and they lost with dignity

Happily Manly

magic-round-190510-jo_-0697.jpg

At least we don't have a 2 million dollar mortgage like you syndneyites. Try retiring under 60 in Sydney..... You guys will be working til you're 90
Ya gotta admit it was very funny?
No?
Right then.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8