Post-Game Discussion Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
6 Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

Pre-Match Thread here

Game Day Thread here

MATCH DAY

Friday 5th May 2023

Venue:....
Suncorp Stadium, Milton, QLD.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Brisbane Broncos: 8:05pm.

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 6
Broncos: 32

344761943_989546375729053_9217118955342077448_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

344384596_1029728774668520_4850228178652439325_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Fatty blows up over 'awful' Manly move

Press Print & Video Articles:

Couldn’t play worse’: Vautin shreds Manly

Magic Round mauling: Broncos’ hat-trick hero stuns Manly again

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

No Manly Players face NRL Judiciary Charges this week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Well I want my club back
This is not manly and it's been a complete joke for all year.
Not even trying tonight
I feel very sorry for all at our club right now because we are not of NRL standard.
Just embarssing watching us tonight.

Last edited:
I expected some resolution
But again there was no solution to our sub standard performances

We are paying about $4 million between our 1, 6, 7 and 13. That leaves 26 others we need to pay from the remainder of the cap. Of those top 4 players, 2 are out injured tonight and another is on one leg.

We have an incredibly unbalanced roster and this is the root of our problems... but you can blame Croker (who would not be on much money) if you want...
Croker is a massive part of the problem. He is not a FG hooker. It’s the worst service in the NRL and we are the slowest team at rucking the ball up field in the game. Even the Tigers who are running dead last, make more yards. We never attack over the advantage line off fast play the balls because our forwards are sitting ducks and then along comes Croker to cumbersomely pick the ball up and dish off with his body facing the receiver. I’ll never knock his effort but he is not first grade standard in this position and it’s killing our go forward and our attack.

We just looked so predictable in attack. Our big backline shape was picked apart all night. We really are struggling in attack this year as we look so clunky and slow.

Yep I’m blaming him. Just him. All the rest are perfect. You can interpret what I said that way if you like. Good work 👍🏻

I'm sure Gordon will command selection when his performances are good enough.

Otherwise, would we be able to buy a hooker that is a clear upgrade on Croker for the same money?

Or if we signed someone more expensive at hooker, who would we move on elsewhere in the squad to accommodate them?

I'd like a Cameron Smith too, but our unbalanced roster arrangement leaves us constricted for options here.

Our pack is full of plodders too. Even the beast that is Haumole, lacks leg speed. He is still effective because of the way he uses his size but the point im making concerns our lack of genuine leg speed in the middle. Bullemor has some but that’s it.

Last edited:
Can we stop selling a home game every year to the Broncos please?
Yep totally done with it. What a waste of a home game. Play these pricks at home in front of a full brooky and it’s a different game!

What the hell do these guys practice?

Other than 40/20 our kicking is ****e! Can we just once kick a bump in their in-goal.

Josh, keep your eye on the ball before looking at the defensive line.

New coach 😲 same problems.

The Bronco's who i dont really rate all look muscled up and fit and strong and fast.

Compare that to Turbo, Parker, Garrick, Johns etc.

It was like men vs boys.

Then again, last week a player on one leg, Foz, looked like Wally Lewis against us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4