Pre-Game Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

0 38
Suncorp Stadium
13 May 2022 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
That team is pretty competitive , we’ll go ok BUT the ref hates our guts and it’ll be a home game for the Donkeys.

Donkeys by 8

PS: seriously though , buggered if I know

I was there that day too, in fact on the hill, on that corner , they were running 1st or 2nd we were running right down the bottom!!

Absolutely magical !!
That's the corner we were sitting in too @Mark from Brisbane, my daughter (who is 30 now) still remembers it like yesterday. Tezza was running straight at us, the move he put on Tallis was gold...and the anticipation of the crowd willing Reeves to kick the goal.
One of the great arvo's at Brookie, yet the first half was rather forgettable.

That's the corner we were sitting in too @Mark from Brisbane, my daughter (who is 30 now) still remembers it like yesterday. Tezza was running straight at us, the move he put on Tallis was gold...and the anticipation of the crowd willing Reeves to kick the goal.
One of the great arvo's at Brookie, yet the first half was rather forgettable.
Very forgettable , in fact I can’t even remember it!!

Seriously , that’s a joke
And this is another reason the NRL just don't get it.
Yes, I know refs are meant to be impartial blah, blah, blah but if there's eight refs one would think it'd be another at least 6-7 weeks before you have the same ref again yet we've got Atkins twice in three weeks.

Very strong lineup, happy with that. Davey being there is fantastic, probably makes sense why we are being careful with Schu. I mean Schu is still on the reserves anyways, so there's a chance, but if the forecast is right I'm confident he will be protected for the week after.

Broncos side quite strong as well. But if we are deadset, we should be putting this team to the sword. In a good run of form, beating Sharks and Rabbits who both beat us, but we got a near full-strength side and we are playing in conditions that will favour us more. We've gotta win this one.

Big test for Burbo as well, if we are keeping him on the left to mark up on Staggs. He still looks a bit fragile in D, he's got good defenders on his inside and outside, he just needs to stay strong and come up and in on Staggs.

Big test for Burbo as well, if we are keeping him on the left to mark up on Staggs. He still looks a bit fragile in D, he's got good defenders on his inside and outside, he just needs to stay strong and come up and in on Staggs.
Yep Staggs and Cobbo are a big threat to any defence, and we have our 2 most inexperienced guys up against them.

the dogs towelled themselves up against us in the pouring rain. we played really poor that night despite the win and our kicking wasnt reserve grade standard.
5 kicks in the first half, 4 of them by fowards, davey , tapau and frog did 80 % of the kicking that half from memory
next week DCE started kicking well also from memory after i presume Des got into his ear. saw the first and quite possibly last torpedo bombs the following week added to the repertoire

you are a good man, al to credit manly with a comeback against the sharks. sharkies all but rolled out the mercy rule IMO. Ref felt sympathy for us as well, or the sharkies at 13 plus was gonna cost someone big time
Guess that i am more inclined to the glass half full outlook as opposed to half empty but that 2 nd half effort against the Sharks seemed to have plenty of merit . Just though it worth mentioning again that wet conditions haven 't seemed that adverse to Manly this season as opposed to numerous other seasons . Still always prefer a dry track in general for Manly sides however .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10