Game Day: Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Such is life. That first half was excellent. Not much to be said about the second half performance though. :banghead:
Moving on. Titans away. Eagles by 10. @:cool:

Simonmyers11

First Grader
they went to sleep that second half. Just lacked energy. they stopped running and tackling hard. Other 2 massive turning points were Tom injury then we gave them 2 tries.

We had plenty of chances at the start of second half, but with Walker carrying his shoulder we missed his hard running and Siro just didn't have any impact on that edge were we should of exploited them more.

Plenty of energy in first half, so very flat in the second

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Told you I was worried about the cheap turnovers…
Just a really flat performance in the second half and a couple of lucky tries to the Broncs killed us off. Felt bad for Jorge, who was really strong all night, then his customary dropped ball costs us the lead.
Also disappointed with Cherry leaving everything up to Green when we had a chance towards the end. There was an attacking set there where he didn't touch the ball a single time.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
they went to sleep that second half. Just lacked energy. they stopped running and tackling hard. Other 2 massive turning points were Tom injury then we gave them 2 tries.

We had plenty of chances at the start of second half, but with Walker carrying his shoulder we missed his hard running and Siro just didn't have any impact on that edge were we should of exploited them more.

Plenty of energy in first half, so very flat in the second
Siro was very disappointing tonight in both attack and defence. Our back row seems to be our performance barometer and examplifies the good and bad of this year.

BTW, did Frank play tonight? I didn't notice him now that I think back on the game. perhaps he was out injured and I missed his omission?

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Here's a better perspective. Don't let the ball bounce. Reminds me of that patch a couple of seasons ago where we seemed to let more bombs bounce than attempted to catch.

I don't believe Tom let that bounce HK.
The ball was floating and he knew he wouldn't get to it on the full.
He hasn't shown a reticence to catch a high bomb.
But you can't attack the ball if you know you won't get there.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Siro was very disappointing tonight in both attack and defence. Our back row seems to be our performance barometer and examplifies the good and bad of this year.

BTW, did Frank play tonight? I didn't notice him now that I think back on the game. perhaps he was out injured and I missed his omission?

I agree. Very little impact from Frank and Siro tonight.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That was hard to take in. My wife went to bed i was swearing at the boys to much. Win would of put us in 4th. Thought we were going to go on with it when Tom made those breaks.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I don't believe Tom let that bounce HK.
The ball was floating and he knew he wouldn't get to it on the full.
He hasn't shown a reticence to catch a high bomb.
But you can't attack the ball if you know you won't get there.
The problem started well before the ball in the air. The Donkeys were knocked backwards in the last 2 tackles of that set and were forced to throw the ball back a further 10m behind play for the kicker. They actually kicked inside their half. Tom suffered from poor reading of the play and got caught out hanging way too far back (on his goal line). That said, a great fullback would have come flying through and attacked that kick on the full. It was certainly doable. Tom was way too laconic in my opinion and it cost us big time.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That was hard to take in. My wife went to bed i was swearing at the boys to much. Win would of put us in 4th. Thought we were going to go on with it when Tom made those breaks.

We really should of won that
Said it earlier if we score 1st say get out to 18-20 point lead even with turbo injury we still win it I think.
We gave the broncos a sniff and they took it.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Told.m
We really should of won that
Said it earlier if we score 1st say get out to 18-20 point lead even with turbo injury we still win it I think.
We gave the broncos a sniff and they took it.
Told my boys when we come out at half time that 1st try scorer in this half will be massive. Always thought we needed first points.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18