Manly - Top 8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Not confused anymore. We are not top 8 at all. Today just proved how far off the pace this club is. Forwards are inconsistent, slow and nowhere near good enough. Aloiai does what??? Burbo reserve grade , Jake too slow and they are our better ones. Olak now damaged goods the rest are dribble. Where was Paseka today , did he even play ? This team is just poor in defense and a lot of it happens when our leader can't slide.

Hibyemama

Reserve Grader
will be 11th after bulldogs beat the eels. At the beginning of the year, I said dragons and bulldogs will be higher on the table than manly, but people laughed at me. Dragons and bulldogs have superior players than manly. actually manly is playing very well, with the troops we've got.

Hibyemama

Reserve Grader
Next week is our season on the line
Dragons at home they could go 3 points clear of us if they win next week
I just can't see us making the 8 this year
Dogs for me take our spot
We will be 11th if dogs win tomorrow
yes, Im afraid dragons will be too strong. I said Lomax was a great player 2 years ago. Now he is playing at his peak. they got sloane, Lomax, Ravalawa, Suli (going great), but ben Hunt, man he is the best. dragons have a good pack of forwards too. Go Manly. Good luck.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
will be 11th after bulldogs beat the eels. At the beginning of the year, I said dragons and bulldogs will be higher on the table than manly, but people laughed at me. Dragons and bulldogs have superior players than manly. actually manly is playing very well, with the troops we've got.
Dogs while not the best team with talent are building a very good roster and are playing a team first game plan

They sadly are light years ahead of us as a club and will finish higher than us for several years to come

We will be bottom 4 for many years to come

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
yes, Im afraid dragons will be too strong. I said Lomax was a great player 2 years ago. Now he is playing at his peak. they got sloane, Lomax, Ravalawa, Suli (going great), but ben Hunt, man he is the best. dragons have a good pack of forwards too. Go Manly. Good luck.
You know Ravalawa is playing reserve grade right?

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
1 win from our last 5 games and grimace and the goose continually runs the same bullsht lines about how competitive we are and how it's just a few little areas to fix. Along with his over hyped captain it's just such incredible bullsht that these 2 keep feeding supporters week after week. Are they so deluded at how far away from being really competitive that we really are ??

1 win from our last 5 games and grimace and the goose continually runs the same bullsht lines about how competitive we are and how it's just a few little areas to fix. Along with his over hyped captain it's just such incredible bullsht that these 2 keep feeding supporters week after week. Are they so deluded at how far away from being really competitive that we really are ??
Mate we are just learning, it’s all about learning lessons and as you say, little fixes. This side is delivering the same tripe they have since 2016. Small periods of good form but never enough to balance out the chronic flat spots and downright shockers. We were conned into thinking this side is better. It isn’t, it’s possibly worse. Our best player is 35. Seriously we are an injury away from coming last.

krusty

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I am still laughing at you. You are so wrong.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Seibold’s second year in charge now, no excuses anymore. 13 games into the season we’ve conceded less than 18 points just twice, once against the Roosters and another against the Broncos where we lost

For a bloke that yapped on about the Manly mentality all pre season, the fact he hasn’t been able to get our defence into a somewhat capable state this far into the season is embarrassing. The fact is if we don’t make the top 8 that should and would be the end of his coaching career

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seibold’s second year in charge now, no excuses anymore. 13 games into the season we’ve conceded less than 18 points just twice, once against the Roosters and another against the Broncos where we lost

For a bloke that yapped on about the Manly mentality all pre season, the fact he hasn’t been able to get our defence into a somewhat capable state this far into the season is embarrassing. The fact is if we don’t make the top 8 that should and would be the end of his coaching career
You can have the best defensive systems in place, however if the players lack leg speed, body positioning and efforts it won’t make any difference.

The big bodies are letting the team down in these areas at times, than there is players playing where their skill set is below par.

With two spots in the 30 open they could do with an injection of youth to resuscitate a few of the big bodies with poor leg speed.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Grimace and the Goose. I dig it.

On a positive note - if and when Grimace is sacked and Jim Bookshop takes over - will the club issue complementary Dymocks’ gift vouchers to we, the long suffering fans?

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member

Im not on the big anti Seibold brigade but I agree if we miss the 8 we need to look st options

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
You can have the best defensive systems in place, however if the players lack leg speed, body positioning and efforts it won’t make any difference.
Excuses Perspective time ....

Good morning @Dion Johnson The Key words to your post is Make a Difference
and people that make excuses NEVER make a Constructive Winning Difference

What every team has is a coach that is accountable to bring the best out of his players and make a difference
Great performers find a way and make a difference and Ordinary performers do hold them selves accountable for their responsibility , blame others and come up with excuses
The Bottom Line is You either find solutions and Prevail or make excuses and fail

At the end of the year coaches will either.....
Exceed expectations and over achieve
Meet expectations and deliver
Or Fail Expectations and under achieve
At the mid year 2024 Seibold is underachieving
The players are accountable but the fact is ......
the Head coach is accountable for his players performances and his teams results

The moral of the story
Excuses are a sign of mediocrity and weakness . They are not a sign of Innovation , Inspiration and Greatness . No one has achieved anything Great by making useless, Ineffective, uninspiring excuses
No one hires a leader in their organization and pays them to to come up with excuses
Great Leaders do not make excuses
They earn their pay by finding a way and Inspire their people to get the job done

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16