Manly team v Raiders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Sea Eagles NRL Team: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, Chris Hicks, Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, Brent Kite, Steve Menzies, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson.
Interchange: Travis Burns, Anthony Watmough, George Rose, Mark Bryant, Glenn Hall (one to be omitted).

Looks like hall will be in for choc. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I see Des is still going for this 3 props on the bench ****. (That is if Watmough doesn't play)

And, this might just be me, but judging by the fact Williamson is at lock and G. Stewart is in Choc's position, that Des might be considering Willow as our number 13 for the year. Which is crap.

Wouldn't trade that backline for any other, though.

FFS can someone get the photos of des off Willo.

Other than Lyon nothing has changed from last year. Unless Des changes his picks Cuthbo and Ballin won't be with us next year.

Surprise! You didn't expect anything different did you?

Obviously Watmough won't play otherwise he'd be starting. So we have three lumbering props on the bench and the backrow will each play 80.

I hope to hell we're 20+ ahead after 60 minutes or they could come over the top of a very tired side like a steam train.

Williamson starting worries me a lot less than what's on the bench.

At least when he starts you know you'll get 80 minutes and 40 tackles out of him.

There have been times when I would credit Willos defence winning us the game.

We have all the attacking flare we need. He is playing lock and he tackles like no nobody else in the comp. I'm not worried about him playing.

Do you have doubts that hall is a first grade footballer?

I must admit other than rose we aren't going to get much impact from our bench. Same as last year.

While willo will give us a few tackles I cannot see any other NRL team having him in the top 17. I would rather see Ballin in the back row than willo.

Ballin is lighter than Willow and is a hooker. He should be in the side, but at hooker!

Why are you all wingeing about the bench now? I've been telling you for months that we have bugger all in the forwards.

Most of those benchies will play 20 minutes at most which means a high attrition rate for the starting 13.

At least when he starts you know you'll get 80 minutes and 40 tackles out of him.

totally agree that the only way to get value out of him is to have him start and tackle his heart out whilst the props take the hit ups.

[quote author=Matabele]
the only way to get value out of him is to have him start and tackle his heart out whilst the props take the hit ups.

You're an optimist using the plural there!

No shocks at all with the team. I believe Rose will step up this season and if King can do the same and be consistant (not consistantly sh!t as in the past) we wont need to be as worried with our forwards.

King can do the same and be consistant (not consistantly sh!t as in the past) we wont need to be as worried with our forwards.

I've been listening to the same crap since 2003.

You make it look like I am saying King can/will be consistant, need the IF on the front!!!!

I do agree we have been hearing the same crap each year but I hold out some hope, cant always take the doom & gloom approach, especially before a ball has been kicked.

I guess the fact is really that IF king doesn't step we could have a lean season. BK won't be there to do his share of the hit ups. I can't see Willo making huge busts through the centre of the ruck.

Let's talk some sense for a minute.

We have a backline that is just about the best in the comp. We have a back-row that can play 80 minutes.

Why not have 5 props and just rotate them in 20 minute bursts for maximum effectiveness?

Burns can come on as well and scheme around the ruck.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2