Manly team v Raiders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Fluffy]
[quote author=Matabele]
the only way to get value out of him is to have him start and tackle his heart out whilst the props take the hit ups.

You're an optimist using the plural there!

[/quote]

no im a realist without a vendetta like most here

I can't see Willo making huge busts through the centre of the ruck.

Use your imagination wheel.

Willo and glen stewart making big busts through the raiders pack and offloading one arm like SBW. Dessie been teaching them big time in the offseason.

King, Stewart and willo have big question marks over them this season. They need to step up or Des will need to radically change his mindset and be forced to promote a couple of the PL team.

I just don't think that Willo has it in him at this stage of his career to step up any further.

It still remains that we have been "waiting" for King to realise this supposed potential for years. The man is getting close to his late 20s fer goodness sakes.

I can't disagree, I am still hoping though although deep down I know that I am probably wasting my time.

What is it about King that makes people "wait"? If it was any other prop he'd have been consigned to the Qld cup years ago.

What is it about King that makes people \"wait\"? If it was any other prop he'd have been consigned to the Qld cup years ago.

Good question. I gave up last year in about round 5.

I dont believe we are chasing both Omeley and LOD with the intention of securing only one of them. It could well be that the King, Willow, Dunley deadwood will be cleared and we have a new topline prop and 2nd rower coming.

[quote author=Matabele]
What is it about King that makes people \"wait\"? If it was any other prop he'd have been consigned to the Qld cup years ago.

I dont believe we are chasing both Omeley and LOD with the intention of securing only one of them. It could well be that the King, Willow, Dunley deadwood will be cleared and we have a new topline prop and 2nd rower coming.

[/quote]

If we have LOD and shrek in our pack next year to compliment our backline then we would truly be a serious title contender instead of pretender in 2008.

he was offered but :lol: they knocked him back and took squasher instead.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ankle i think

i noticed groom, offerdahl and jon ogrieve are all in flegg again, not sure what thats about

ankle i think

i noticed groom, offerdahl and jon ogrieve are all in flegg again, not sure what thats about

MAnly had a goal setting session last week and has the lofty ambition of making the finals in the Flegg Competition.

i thought it misght be something like that, i guess its another way to keep groom at manly, dont get him too close to first grade too early that way he isnt keen enough to go elsewhere before orfords contract is up in 3 years

i thought it misght be something like that, i guess its another way to keep groom at manly, dont get him too close to first grade too early that way he isnt keen enough to go elsewhere before orfords contract is up in 3 years
Three years playing behind such stand outs as Monaghan, Dunley, Morewood and Company is likely to lead these lads to believe their future can only lie in bush footy.

It can hardly do much for one's confidence!

OK, OK, easy big fellas. The knives can come out after saturday night. I've been reading other threads and some of the comments on trial form contradict the pessimism made throughout this one. If Willow makes forty tackles then he's the goods. All those other forwards have to do the same and hold the opposition. Making yards would be good but our backline looks like they will make up any deficiencies in that department if given the ball. We did OK last year with Burns at 5/8 but should go immeasurably better with Lyon linking. Burns coming on as hooker will bolster the defensive line up the middle. I'm pleased to see Dunley out. He's weak defensively and makes too many poor/illegal options. I predict Stewie to have a blinder at fullback on Saturday. I've got my tickets and getting excited just thinking about it.

I like the idea that Des is using a running five-eighth outside Orford. The Storm used to do it quite a bit, playing Geyer there and letting Orford primarily play make and use Geyer as a running option. With Jamie Lyon's obvious talent this could prove to be a lethal combo if Orford can stay in form.

We should be a good chance at the top four this year, and might be a premiership thrreat

I like the idea that Des is using a running five-eighth outside Orford. The Storm used to do it quite a bit, playing Geyer there and letting Orford primarily play make and use Geyer as a running option. With Jamie Lyon's obvious talent this could prove to be a lethal combo if Orford can stay in form.

We should be a good chance at the top four this year, and might be a premiership thrreat

I agree mate... i am much happier with Matty doing the fancy stuff and sorting out play.. Jamie Lyon is going to be lethal at 5/8th... He is a ball runner and a bloody good one.. can't wait

I agree that it will be great to not have to hold one's breath at the 20th minute as Dunley trots out to cause general mayhem and fall off tackles.

Yep, his lateral running always game me the ****s. By the time he linked up with a reluctant back they were on the sideline.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6