Manly star Manase Fainu’s drug, depression rehab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What’s the Buzz: Manly star Manase Fainu’s drug, depression rehab​

One of Manly’s brightest young stars has returned to training after a stint in a rehab facility for treatment on his depression and a prescription drug addiction.

Suspended Manly Sea Eagles hooker Manase Fainu has emerged from a rehab facility where he was undergoing treatment for depression and a prescription drug addiction.
The 22-year-old spent 28 days in a rehab facility in Sydney’s inner west to shake off a dependency for Valium and painkiller medication that he was using to treat anxiety and discomfort from surgery.

Fainu is the player suspended indefinitely by the NRL last year under its “no-fault” stand-down policy. He faces multiple charges after allegedly stabbing a man at a Mormon church dance last October. The hooker is pleading not guilty and will stand trial in July.
“He’s come out of it (rehab) feeling much better about himself,” Fainu’s manager Mario Tartak said. “He’s had depression, anxiety, three reconstructions on his shoulder and a golden staph infection.

“Then there’s the court case. It’s been a major upheaval for a 22-year-old to deal with.”

Manase Fainu is back at training with Manly after a stint in rehab. Picture: AAP Image/Joel Carrett

Manase Fainu is back at training with Manly after a stint in rehab. Picture: AAP Image/Joel Carrett
Manly are standing by the troubled hooker and signed him to a new two-year contract last year.

“I’m actually proud of him,” Tartak said.

“He stuck his hand up to get professional help. He’s been out for a couple of weeks now and he’s back at training.”

Tartak, who manages a number of big-name players, says he is concerned about prescription drug use in the game.

“Manase was in a lot of pain with the shoulder issues,” he said. “That’s where the pain killers became a problem.

“I didn’t realise how rife all this stuff is in the game.

“He was on Valium too, to help him sleep. It was a mix of pain, anxiety and not being able to sleep. We’re just relieved that he’s on top of it now.”

What’s the Buzz: Manly star Manase Fainu’s drug, depression rehab​

One of Manly’s brightest young stars has returned to training after a stint in a rehab facility for treatment on his depression and a prescription drug addiction.

Suspended Manly Sea Eagles hooker Manase Fainu has emerged from a rehab facility where he was undergoing treatment for depression and a prescription drug addiction.
The 22-year-old spent 28 days in a rehab facility in Sydney’s inner west to shake off a dependency for Valium and painkiller medication that he was using to treat anxiety and discomfort from surgery.

Fainu is the player suspended indefinitely by the NRL last year under its “no-fault” stand-down policy. He faces multiple charges after allegedly stabbing a man at a Mormon church dance last October. The hooker is pleading not guilty and will stand trial in July.
“He’s come out of it (rehab) feeling much better about himself,” Fainu’s manager Mario Tartak said. “He’s had depression, anxiety, three reconstructions on his shoulder and a golden staph infection.

“Then there’s the court case. It’s been a major upheaval for a 22-year-old to deal with.”

Manly are standing by the troubled hooker and signed him to a new two-year contract last year.

“I’m actually proud of him,” Tartak said.

“He stuck his hand up to get professional help. He’s been out for a couple of weeks now and he’s back at training.”

Tartak, who manages a number of big-name players, says he is concerned about prescription drug use in the game.

“Manase was in a lot of pain with the shoulder issues,” he said. “That’s where the pain killers became a problem.

“I didn’t realise how rife all this stuff is in the game.

“He was on Valium too, to help him sleep. It was a mix of pain, anxiety and not being able to sleep. We’re just relieved that he’s on top of it now.”

He is a resilient character . Miss his resilience on the field

Creating a bit of back story so his lawyer can plead for leniency due to drug dependence and mental stress?
Too right mate. I know plenty of people that are on depressant medication, but they don't go around with knives stabbing people. Here we go again and before we know it everyone on here will be blowing wind up his skirt saying how they miss him, We don't need this **** all over again. We have been through this **** before as this is one reason why we are in the current predicament that we are in. There is no future for Manly with idiots like this and i don't care how good they are.. Never

28 days in re-hab? he needed to go to one of those Thailand ones that seem to cure players like pearce and barba over the weekend.

Becoming addicted to painkillers is, I'm not sure the best way to type it, but it's a lot more common than we think.

So good on him for seeking and getting help.

Still... a bit annoyed there's a court case looming and it's in July.

Too right mate. I know plenty of people that are on depressant medication, but they don't go around with knives stabbing people. Here we go again and before we know it everyone on here will be blowing wind up his skirt saying how they miss him, We don't need this ** all over again. We have been through this ** before as this is one reason why we are in the current predicament that we are in. There is no future for Manly with idiots like this and i don't care how good they are.. Never
I dont know if he did it or not, but if he did, I fully agree with you mate...

Too right mate. I know plenty of people that are on depressant medication, but they don't go around with knives stabbing people. Here we go again and before we know it everyone on here will be blowing wind up his skirt saying how they miss him, We don't need this ** all over again. We have been through this ** before as this is one reason why we are in the current predicament that we are in. There is no future for Manly with idiots like this and i don't care how good they are.. Never
Are you saying he is guilty of stabbing people?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8