Manly signings thread where we can discuss!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not having a go at you at all mate (you are only providing info from another source)....but why does the name M Wright continue to show up as a retained player??!!!

The bloke signed on in April 2016 for 3 seasons. That 3 seasons expired end of 2018.

There is no way we signed him frim April 2016 and then another 3 years after that.

Oops sorry! Should check my sources better. Thanks for the update

What the missing 330k will help us sign all them? If Croker get's another year we might as well shut the doors and reopen when we are serious.
Of course not, but it will certainly help determine who gets a contract and for how long. I have no problem with Croker as a depth signing, he isn't going to command big coin and we have shipped off pretty much every depth half we had. If Elgey or DCE go down next year are you hoping Cust or Metcalfe man up ??

Of course not, but it will certainly help determine who gets a contract and for how long. I have no problem with Croker as a depth signing, he isn't going to command big coin and we have shipped off pretty much every depth half we had. If Elgey or DCE go down next year are you hoping Cust or Metcalfe man up ??

What’s the minimum, $85k......man be at that BUT do not forget that takes up one spot in the 30.

Looks like we missed Bayly Siro to Bunnies. Will be interesting what Curtis does. I wonder what $$ he is asking for?

Last edited:
Assuming there are no more upgrades to those contracted for 2019 and beyond, there should be some serious money available.

And of course the appeal has a $330k ( maybe $660k) affect as well.

AND there’s no saying that currently contracted players maybe shopped around as well.

In my humble opinion there’s a fair bit of haggling going on right now!!

So, fingers crossed!!

We still have Hodkinson as depth and I would much prefer Cust or Metcalf get a go in first grade and see if they are up to it not play guy's like Croker who have proved they have nothing at this level. We don't give Cust or Metcalf a shot some other club will.

I have no problem with Croker as a depth player ... he would improve and he was by far the best defender to play 5/8 all season ....

But 3 complete knee constructions in 5 years is too big a gamble for a top 30 spot for me .....

I have no problem with Croker as a depth player ... he would improve and he was by far the best defender to play 5/8 all season ....

But 3 complete knee constructions in 5 years is too big a gamble for a top 30 spot for me .....
He deserves ar least a 33 page thread

Was in the car at lunchtime today and was listening to the new all day Macquarie sports station on 954. Somehow they got around to discussing Bryce Cartwright’s future. The co-host mentioned he knew Bryce but hadn’t spoken to him for a few months. Said he had his second baby on the way, was close to Garth Brennan etc etc and “he couldn’t see him leaving the GC”. Time will tell i guess.

why does the name M Wright continue to show up as a retained player??!!!
The bloke signed on in April 2016 for 3 seasons. That 3 seasons expired end of 2018.
That is correct and @marga confirmed in another thread that M Wright was farewelled at the Awards Night. Wonder where he's gone? Would have preferred to keep him as a handy back-up than, say, Parker....

Apart from the 8 x 2018 players confirmed as gone, according to the records I keep these players are off contract now:

Croker
Jetski - supposedly going to be renewed
Koroisau - going to be extended, unconfirmed
Sironen - going to be extended, unconfirmed
Suli
Tanginoa

No doubt waiting for the salary cap saga to be resolved but when it is, I'd say there'll be quite a few changes to the 2018 players' list.

And of course the appeal has a $330k ( maybe $660k) affect as well.

AND there’s no saying that currently contracted players maybe shopped around as well.

In my humble opinion there’s a fair bit of haggling going on right now!!

So, fingers crossed!!
Don't we need a Recruitment Manager for that?
Just wondering if the 141 applications have been shortlisted to say 50 yet!

Apart from the 8 x 2018 players confirmed as gone, according to the records I keep these players are off contract now:

Croker
Jetski - supposedly going to be renewed
Koroisau - going to be extended, unconfirmed
Sironen - going to be extended, unconfirmed
Suli
Tanginoa

No doubt waiting for the salary cap saga to be resolved but when it is, I'd say there'll be quite a few changes to the 2018 players' list.
Inthought Tanginoa signed on for another year

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4