Manly signings thread where we can discuss!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
It is hard to know how players deals are structured, who is front loaded, who is back loaded, who was picking up part of a players contract that isn't now, who was upgraded, what rep bonuses that were hit that carry over etc etc etc

Marty is apparently on 850k next so......who knows

Plus Lane and Hastings were in the last chance saloon when we signed them so doubt there were much in the way of saving there as they still need to be replaced in the squad

Agree but wasn’t Myles on like $650k??

Roughly let’s say

Myles 600
Lussick 300
Hastings 200
Brown 300
Lane 200

I may be wrong but there’s say at least 1.5 million.

Elgey.......maybe 400

Couple of roughies 400

Couple of juniors 200

Yeah maybe the difference is front end or back end.

Pretty sad isn’t it when you see the Rorters lose Fergo and sign Brock Lamb, Ryan Hall, Brett Morris and Angus Crichton.

500 off, 2 million on

Sounds about right doesn’t it???

I think Elgey will be it as far as “ established “ players.

A few juniors , and a few also rans that might be a back up plus upgrades might be all we can afford.

So we’ve been told.

To be honest I’m a little confused , take out Lussick, Hastings, Lane, Myles , Brown ( and I’m sure I’ve missed some ) and we get , Elgey, and maybe one or two others I haven’t heard of plus a couple of juniors.

Does that add up???
Id say backended deals to Taupau and walker would probs be the reason for this

Waddell from reading twitter and panther forum off to us. So guess needs to be confirmed
Elgey, garlick, elliot, waddell. I dont mind giving kids a go. Out of that group elgey only top 17 i can see.
Cap situation no doubt 330k off next year, but have to consider siro, api on upgraded deals, thompson we be paying all given i think saints chipped in some.
And to this bear in mind we want to keep walker and kelly post 2019.

I take heart fro Tigers... they lost all their talent, added Benji who was maybe not out of form but hardly setting the world on fire and somehow they had a BETTER season!!
Anything is possible... *convinces self*
They also added Ben Mautilino, Russell Packer, Josh Reynolds, Lolohea, Mbye mid season, Farah mid season and that little winger from the Dogs who killed it... very different situation to us unfortunately...

Waddell from reading twitter and panther forum off to us. So guess needs to be confirmed
Elgey, garlick, elliot, waddell. I dont mind giving kids a go. Out of that group elgey only top 17 i can see.
Cap situation no doubt 330k off next year, but have to consider siro, api on upgraded deals, thompson we be paying all given i think saints chipped in some.
And to this bear in mind we want to keep walker and kelly post 2019.
I think waddell will push gosiewski as first back up second rower. They talk about promoting then surely blacktowns best tom amone gets an upgrade. Even with those signings plus amone i still count we have 1 spot available in our top 30

I think waddell will push gosiewski as first back up second rower. They talk about promoting then surely blacktowns best tom amone gets an upgrade. Even with those signings plus amone i still count we have 1 spot available in our top 30

Probably best we can expect , would love a match winning winger though!!

I hope young Anderson gets a chance, he’d be ok on one side and maybe Suli on the other.

Was just looking at the possible list myself. But my count if Schonig has been signed we are full up.

Last edited:
Was just looking at the possible list myself. But my count if Schonig has been signed we are full up.
Yeah, i hadnt counted Schonig. Maybe he does finalise our squad. I quite like the look of him and waddell. Amone is a beast too. Garrick looks a star. We just need a couple young guns to have break out years like Taufua did, like wolfman did

Yeah, i hadnt counted Schonig. Maybe he does finalise our squad. I quite like the look of him and waddell. Amone is a beast too. Garrick looks a star. We just need a couple young guns to have break out years like Taufua did, like wolfman did
I still think the mongrel that is Kenny Edwards is exactly what this list is missing. He'd be cheap. If only we had a good coach to keep his head on footy. He was a Manly junior too if I recall.

I still think the mongrel that is Kenny Edwards is exactly what this list is missing. He'd be cheap. If only we had a good coach to keep his head on footy. He was a Manly junior too if I recall.

Played for Sea Eagles SG Ball 2008 but kicked out in 2009 for disciplinary reasons according records. Surprise surprise...then went to Parramatta

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10