Manly sign Uiti Baker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly have picked up some real size from Mounties in the form of Uiti Baker.

Never seen him play but he's a monster.

This from his facebook page.

"Humbled and blessed to have this opportunity with The Manly Sea Eagles Next Season, without my family and close friends supporting me from day dot, I wouldn't be where I am now. For now, Let's finish of this year off with a BANG ! Grand Final this Sunday against The Entrace Tigers at Allianz Stadium, come down and Rep The Black n Yellow in ‪#‎Bay11‬ With Pride"

14600587642_60408a755e_z.jpg

14414532840_279f00e44e_z.jpg

simon64 said:
Manly have picked up some real size from Mounties in the form of Uiti Baker.

Never seen him play but he's a monster.

This from his facebook page.

"Humbled and blessed to have this opportunity with The Manly Sea Eagles Next Season, without my family and close friends supporting me from day dot, I wouldn't be where I am now. For now, Let's finish of this year off with a BANG ! Grand Final this Sunday against The Entrace Tigers at Allianz Stadium, come down and Rep The Black n Yellow in ‪#‎Bay11‬ With Pride"

bit hard to see that link so heres his stats

Date of Birth: 2/09/1992
Birth Place: Wellington, New Zealand
Nickname: Weet-bix
Hometown: Pororuar, Wellington
Height: 192cm
Weight: 120kg
Position: Front row
Junior Club: Wainuromata
Previous Club: Canberra Raiders, Melbourne
Storm
Rep History: NZ U16’s, NZ U18’s
For Fun
Favourite Holiday Destination: Samoa
Dream Job:
What TV character best suits you? Goku, Dragon
Ball

Thanks BE.

Always was a bit technologically challenged.

NYC with the Raiders from what I can find.

Looks big, played rep. A kiwi so no loss during s.o.o.

Hope he is a good'un and welcome aboard.

I don't get to see any of the lower grades but it'd be nice to see a forward siging get onto the paddock.

Injuries and fitness 'seem' to be curtailing our guys.

that correct?

globaleagle said:

I don't get to see any of the lower grades but it'd be nice to see a forward siging get onto the paddock.

that correct?

Well I'm not sure who you're referring to?

What do you call Starling, Andrews, and Hodges this year; and BJ, Horo, JSL, TRed and Hasson signed last year (but "forwards signed and getting onto the paddock?")

Even Ligi Sao has been retained and playing NSW Cup regularly. (We must still see potential in him similar to JSL to keep him "developing" and on the books). *Hame Lauki only came to Us well after this season had started, but he played a lot of games off-the-bench, and then began starting a few games too, by season's end.
Even Daniel Harrison was re-signed and played a lot, impressing enough to make 1st-grade again against the Dogs.

Only Chee Kam falls into any category of constantly injured and off the paddock, and in 2 full seasons with Us. (He has one last shot next year here, as it stands).

I still hope we can keep Luaki and give him that full pre-season with Us, too. Good luck to the new kid in town, Baker, as well.

RiverEagle said:
globaleagle said:

that correct?

Well I'm not sure who you're referring to?

What do you call Starling, Andrews, and Hodges this year; and BJ, Horo, JSL, TRed and Hasson signed last year (but "forwards signed and getting onto the paddock?")

Even Ligi Sao has been retained and playing NSW Cup regularly. (We must still see potential in him similar to JSL to keep him "developing" and on the books). *Hame Lauki only came to Us well after this season had started, but he played a lot of games off-the-bench, and then began starting a few games too, by season's end.
Even Daniel Harrison was re-signed and played a lot, impressing enough to make 1st-grade again against the Dogs.

Only Chee Kam falls into any category of constantly injured and off the paddock, and in 2 full seasons with Us. (He has one last shot next year here, as it stands).

I still hope we can keep Luaki and give him that full pre-season with Us, too. Good luck to the new kid in town, Baker, as well.

Harrison is going to England.

Re-signed for the remainder of this year @Bomack44

He played many NSW Cup games back here.

Then had a last hurrah in 1sts (v the Dogs).

We all know he's off to the London Broncos, but thanks for the irrelevant reminder anyway.

RiverEagle said:
Re-signed for the remainder of this year @Bomack44

He played many NSW Cup games back here.

Then had a last hurrah in 1sts (v the Dogs).

We all know he's off to the London Broncos, but thanks for the irrelevant reminder anyway.
No need to be rude @rivereagle . Maybe if you constructed your posts a little more concisely people wouldn't misunderstand your posts.

Can't say our recruitment team has failed to realise we need bulk in the forwards. I've got no idea how to pronounce his Christian name, nor the other bloke I refer to as The Elephant Man.

For those interested, Uiti Baker will be on Fox 1 at 12:40pm Sunday playing for Mounties in the Ron Massey Cup grand final. Good chance to see what he's got to offer.

Ron Massey Cup Grand Final

Mounties (2) Vs The Entrance Tigers (4)
Allianz Stadium, Sunday, September 28
Kick-off: 12.40pm
Referee: Adam Cassidy
Broadcast: LIVE on Fox Sports 1 and Sky Sport NZ

MOUNTIES - 1. THEO LEATO 2. GUS AIGA 3. WAYNE DARGAN 4. DAVE CAHALANE 5. FRANCIS VAIOTU 6. MATT PLACE 7. JOEY BOND 8. UITI BAKER 9. BRETT LAHEY 10. ADAM TANGATA © 11. BRADY CHESHIRE 12. KURT HORTON 13. JACOB MAYER 14. TERE GLASSIE 15. FRED PAKUTOA 16. MITCH BEGGS 17. GRANT LAHEY 18. CHAD GRANT 19. JASON GREEN 20. BRENDAN NEWTON 21. LOUIS VAIOTU 22. JASON ANTONELLI COACH: CHRIS HUTCHISON

TIGERS – 1. GRANT NELSON 2. DAVID O’NEIL 3. ALAN MULIA MALAU 4. BRAD CHATFIELD 5. PERRY LEBROCQUE 6. ADAM MCINNES 7. JAKE FITZPATRICK 8. RYAN O’HARA 9. SCOTT JONES 10. LUKE MCINNES 11. HARLEY RIDGE 12. ALAN MUNRO 21. TROY ADAMS 14. TYLA HEPI 16. JACOB SAIFITI 17. SAM FIONI 18. RYAN JOWETT 19. DYLAN THEUERJAHR 20. BLAKE INWOOD 22. NATHAN MCCARTIN 23. MATT HARDES COACH: JAMY FORBES

He is a big lad, hope he goes well! its good to see we are looking at boosting our forward pack.

I'm recording the game to have a look at this guy. You would expect him to be head and shoulders above others in this game if we are to expect anything from him at NRL level.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7