Manly sign Uiti Baker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He cannot even make Mounties NSW cup side. Was in the storm sytem in 2009 and the raiders but hasn't kicked on and seems to have gone backwards if he is playing Ron Massey cup

Looks like Willo has a new prop for next year

We had another big islander prop in NSw cup this year who seemed to disappear very quickly. Name of Ron Alovili

Anyone know what happened to him?

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Ron-Alovili

tookey said:
He cannot even make Mounties NSW cup side. Was in the storm sytem in 2009 and the raiders but hasn't kicked on and seems to have gone backwards if he is playing Ron Massey cup

We had another big islander prop in NSw cup this year who seemed to disappear very quickly. Name of Ron Alovili

Baker is listed at no.8, so starting prop in the Mounties GF team for Sunday. Let's hope he plays well & then has a big pre-season under Donny. He'll have to earn his stripes in our reggies but let's give the guy a chance :)

Bomack44 said:
RiverEagle said:
Re-signed for the remainder of this year @Bomack44

He played many NSW Cup games back here.

Then had a last hurrah in 1sts (v the Dogs).

We all know he's off to the London Broncos, but thanks for the irrelevant reminder anyway.
No need to be rude @rivereagle . Maybe if you constructed your posts a little more concisely people wouldn't misunderstand your posts.

I wasn't being "rude". You were being a tad pedantic to nit-pick over Harrison, especially as his move to the UK was spoken about at length recently. *I can't do much about "misunderstanding" the post. U are the only one that seems to have done so.

And I'll just use the same cliche thrown at me or anyone in a place like this. *Don't take it so personally (and U started it, lol).

Mals said:
tookey said:

Baker is listed at no.8, so starting prop in the Mounties GF team for Sunday. Let's hope he plays well & then has a big pre-season under Donny. He'll have to earn his stripes in our reggies but let's give the guy a chance :)

Ahh ok that's their no.2 team. Still maybe lack of fitness has been his issue ;)

would expect this guy to need a massive pre-season to get anywhere above NSW cup bench however at 22 he is the right age to be having a break out year

simon64 said:
He's got size on his side which is a good start.

I don't believe the job of a prop is all that hard.

1. Here's the ball.
2. Run hard at those guys.

I like my props to tackle

simon64 said:

1. Here's the ball.

Well off you go then Simon, and show them, and all of us the way...lol!

I doubt we'd be paying Uiti much money (maybe a modest-deal with hopefully a bit extra-coin if he plays 1sts).

AND I'll keep backing and hoping Hame Luaki (and Sao actually) to still be of use after another pre-season at Narrabeen!

Same with (Tyson) Andrews, Jake T and HOPEFULLY Chee Kam next year.

RiverEagle said:
simon64 said:

1. Here's the ball.

Well off you go then Simon, and show them, and all of us the way...lol!

I doubt we'd be paying Uiti much money (maybe a modest-deal with hopefully a bit extra-coin if he plays 1sts).

AND I'll keep backing and hoping Hame Luaki (and Sao actually) to still be of use after another pre-season at Narrabeen!

Same with (Tyson) Andrews, Jake T and HOPEFULLY Chee Kam next year.

These 50 year old legs wouldn't make it down the tunnel RE. :D

Of course I'm oversimplifying things. The point being we need the sort of punch we saw last night between the Rooters and Vermin.

But I agree. A depth signing at best. I too will be hoping to see a real breakthrough year from a couple of the names you've mentioned. Tooves has always had plenty of time for Chee Kam. Let's hope the kid can remain injury free.

Can't wait for 2015.

Speculative signing. They obviously see something in him and I'm sure the coaching staff will give him all the right training and put him in an environment to succeed, it will really be up to him if he makes the jump to the NRL level. All clubs make these sorts of signings.

Fluffy said:
simon64 said:

1. Here's the ball.

And have Mongrel not a heart of a marshmallow

Harry said:
Fluffy said:
simon64 said:

1. Here's the ball.

And have Mongrel not a heart of a marshmallow

Yes, yes. Good points. And tackling is good too. Make that point 3.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6