Manly Sea Eagle v Gold Coast Titans [Round 19 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
KaZa said:
disappointed Sao was dropped and Skinner hasnt. We look light on that bench. No George again?

Wouldn't be surprised if Sao comes in for Skinner. Well I hope that's the way Tooves goes.

the mauler said:
KaZa said:
disappointed Sao was dropped and Skinner hasnt. We look light on that bench. No George again?

Wouldn't be surprised if Sao comes in for Skinner. Well I hope that's the way Tooves goes.

Skinner = 104Kg's @ 191cm
Sao = 109kg's @ 186cm

Hardly a big difference between the two.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Sao's D was brittle.

Stats from Monday night

Sao = 3 tackles, nil missed, 4 runs for 44 metres
Skinner = 6 tackles, nil missed, 4 runs for 41 metres

Ralphie said:
the mauler said:
KaZa said:

Skinner = 104Kg's @ 191cm
Sao = 109kg's @ 186cm

Hardly a big difference between the two.

No but Sao was only on for 10 minutes and played hard. His more intimidating and more likely to break the line. Skinner is just no frills type player. Less potential at 25 years old. Id rather see Sao play. 5kg is a big difference too.

Titans have dropped off lately but we are getting into the real season and teams are going to be more and more desperate to get into a solid top8 position. Titans will be no easy task but I'd love to put another big win in this streak.

For and Against is still important for us as we r just 2 points behind the scum on the ladder now so there's every chance we will finish level and they r likely to have their share of big wins in the run home.

In saying that Brissie Kid reminds us that we haven't fared well against them recently at Brookie and when u throw in the game up there earlier this year too I hope the team is fully focused on 2 competition points first and foremost.

Titans have been our bogey team for a while so wouldn't be surprised if they snag an upset.

we will win and win 13+..

i also just read that criminal bird and myles will be rested for the game against us..

we should not take them lightly , but at the moment they are a depleted team...

Having reviewed the game, I was surprised at how effective Hiku was throughout. He played a brilliant centre's performance and seems to me that's his future site. He is very quick and elusive but also a damned good defender. I think Manly has a real winner here and future NZ international.

Hiku could play centre or fullback well,wouldn't put him on the wing

Choc looks like the DNA freak again
I think its time to put up a score

Bearfax said:
Having reviewed the game, I was surprised at how effective Hiku was throughout. He played a brilliant centre's performance and seems to me that's his future site. He is very quick and elusive but also a damned good defender. I think Manly has a real winner here and future NZ international.
Yes, if those rumours about DCE moving on one day are true we'd still look OK with Foran at half, Killer 5/8 and Hiku centre.

Another win coming up folks, some strong momentum building now :)

Global

You are thinking of a winger with the surname Jordan who went on to sign with a Sydney club and then went missing.Jordan Rankin is a half/fullback who made his debut at 16 years of age a few years ago but has been playing QCup for the last couple of years.Was linked with the dragons early this year but it fell through.Nice kid but simply not up to this level.

Jordan Atkins that was.

Bird won't play but Myles will be a late inclusion and come off the bench I reckon.
The way the boys have been playing, attack may click even more on a sunny Sunday arvo. Hoping weather reports are incorrect though, doesn't look like much sun forecast.

susan said:
Global

You are thinking of a winger with the surname Jordan who went on to sign with a Sydney club and then went missing.Jordan Rankin is a half/fullback who made his debut at 16 years of age a few years ago but has been playing QCup for the last couple of years.Was linked with the dragons early this year but it fell through.Nice kid but simply not up to this level.

Ah.

Well, don't I feel like a doofus.

Thanks for the clarification!

Titans paying $5.15 the bookies rarely get those ones wrong. Don't think we will win it easily though they always give us trouble.

Dress warm for the Brookie Hil, as it will be sunny but only 14 degrees!

Up to the Manly Boys to warm us up by scoring lots of Brookie tries :idea:

Snake to officially take the second spot on most Manly tries scored trophy:angel:

ROUND 19 POST MATCH FUNCTION
Don’t forget to get back to our Super Fan Hub, Manly Leagues Club, after the game this Sunday. The players will be attending a post-match function in the Encore Room after the match.
Meet and greet your favourite players, Q&A with the man of the match and much more!
Manly Leagues Club – 2 Federal Parade, Brookvale
------------------------------------------------

Tap into a good cause with Manly
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Tap-into-a-good-cause-with-Manly/79635

Sea Eagles fans at Brookvale Oval this Sunday will literally be tapping into a good cause with the “Hill” and the “Stadium” going head-to-head in a unique fundraising battle!
Known as Team Tap, the Sea Eagles match day promotion, in conjunction with proud sponsor Dee Why Grand Shopping Centre, is being labelled a world first in Rugby League fan engagement and will attempt to raise $2,000 for the chosen charity partner of the day Bear Cottage.

Fans can download the free Team Tap appdownload the free Team Tap app in the lead-up to Sunday’s match and once the whistle goes, players select the “Stadium” or “Hill” team and start tapping on their phone to raise money.

Every single tap takes us 10 cents closer to our $2,000 target. Any fan at Brookvale can play and do their part, just select a team and start tapping!

The Team Tap battle is a wonderful new way for Sea Eagles supporters of all types to engage in philanthropy as well as having some competitive fun along the way. As well, it opens up a new and immediate audience reach on game day.
------------------------------------------------
Click on the above link and watch Matai Tap as if it was Allgood's image on the screen:p

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6