Manly Sea Eagle v Gold Coast Titans [Round 19 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just watched the game. Don't understand the criticism. We played well against very tough, gritty and determined GC. If anyone has had a look at their draw for the rest of the year you would understand that they were desperate and pretty much playing for their season.

We appear to me to be building nicely.

as long as we keep winning and by 13+ , im open and accepting to as much criticism the haters want to give us...

last 3 games , we averaged in attack 40 points and let in 15...

i cant wait to hear the type of criticism were going to get when were there at the end , giving this comp a good shake !!!!

I thought when Brett Stewart went through all that horror of false accusations, media and administration persecution, serious knee injuries, loss of a treasured relationship and no doubt a fortune in money, that we would never see the genius that he was and has promised to become.

Its been a long hard battle for the man they call the Snake, but he has shown a courage and determination few of us would ever have to rely upon in normal life. And today I saw not just yesterdays Brett Stewart, that wizard try scorer, because he is no longer quite as fast as he was, but I am now seeing a Brett Stewart who is now a far more complete genius of a footballer.

B. Stewart has a freakish talent to know where to be in attack and defence and now constantly torments opposition teams with his skills. His try assists are becoming almost unstoppable. And today against a determined Titans side, and with his team again stuttering for long periods, he was like a rock at the back and easily the best player on the field. Today he outplayed any other full back in the comp. I'm pleased we didnt let him go, because he now seems the heart of this team.

Did anyone else think the field looked good today, as a fellow turf curator, I say well done !! Best the field has looked in a long time !

Bearfax said:
wombatgc said:
Shoe1 said:
The ungainly michaels is hilarious to watch. Bonus, I actually get to see his uncoordination in action today live! I figured I'd never get the opportunity as he hasn't spent a lot of time in 1st grade lately. The player most likely to trip over his own feet...

Wait till he's under the high ball...that's his forte :p

Never laugh or under estimate at an ugly duckling. One turned into our former treasurer

I think all he did was a head clash with Brett?

ManlyArmy said:
Crowd of 11,905. Ok whos fudging the numbers again?!

I thought it looked like more at the ground, keeping in mind there was 2 gold coast fans amongst the entire crowd thats not so bad.

Bearfax said:
I thought when Brett Stewart went through all that horror of false accusations, media and administration persecution, serious knee injuries, loss of a treasured relationship and no doubt a fortune in money, that we would never see the genius that he was and has promised to become.

Its been a long hard battle for the man they call the Snake, but he has shown a courage and determination few of us would ever have to rely upon in normal life. And today I saw not just yesterdays Brett Stewart, that wizard try scorer, because he is no longer quite as fast as he was, but I am now seeing a Brett Stewart who is now a far more complete genius of a footballer.

B. Stewart has a freakish talent to know where to be in attack and defence and now constantly torments opposition teams with his skills. His try assists are becoming almost unstoppable. And today against a determined Titans side, and with his team again stuttering for long periods, he was like a rock at the back and easily the best player on the field. Today he outplayed any other full back in the comp. I'm pleased we didnt let him go, because he now seems the heart of this team.
Fantastic post I agree 300%

swoop said:
Lots of emoticons there HM.

You:heart: Manly which is :cool:.

You are an :angel:, not :s ,just a :D little vegemite:exclamation:

I :heart: it when win as well;)

Watch the wing wolfie!

Foz hammered with a late shoulder charge by harrison (i think)...not a whisper from the officials!

Locker (who eventually, had to begrudgingly say manly was ok) said it was kinda like a shoulder charge, until gus and hadley laughed and said it was an old school one.

I was wondering if anyone sat behind the guy with the 'eagle rock' sign as none of them would've seen matai's try. Is that a prob at the footy?

Also that was a pretty good grounding by stevie as the replays showed the titan guy had got to it first and knocked it but Stevie still grabbed it and planted it.

Nice win boys! Blinkers off Lawrence, you were a centre once so you must know how to pass! (Dunno if dce would've scored though).

Hadley's fav saying seems to be "a try saving tackle..."

edit: Gus likes us:....

http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/few-ruffled-feathers-selfconfidence-the-wind-beneath-sea-eagles-wings-20130721-2qcqh.html

globaleagle said:
swoop said:

You:heart: Manly which is :cool:.

You are an :angel:, not :s ,just a :D little vegemite:exclamation:

I :heart: it when win as well;)

Watch the wing wolfie!

Foz hammered with a late shoulder charge by harrison (i think)...not a whisper from the officials!

Locker (who eventually, had to begrudgingly say manly was ok) said it was kinda like a shoulder charge, until gus and hadley laughed and said it was an old school one.

I was wondering if anyone sat behind the guy with the 'eagle rock' sign as none of them would've seen matai's try. Is that a prob at the footy?

Also that was a pretty good grounding by stevie as the replays showed the titan guy had got to it first and knocked it but Stevie still grabbed it and planted it.

Nice win boys! Blinkers off Lawrence, you were a centre once so you must know how to pass! (Dunno if dce would've scored though).

edit: Gus likes us:....

http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/few-ruffled-feathers-selfconfidence-the-wind-beneath-sea-eagles-wings-20130721-2qcqh.html

Gus has liked us since 08

Surely the match review committee will pick this up. As blatant a shoulder charge as you will see.

Chip and Chase said:

Surely the match review committee will pick this up. As blatant a shoulder charge as you will see.

Remember, we are talking about something that happened to a Manly player so as usual, nothing will be said about it from the MRC.

bennyeagle said:
Did anyone else think the field looked good today, as a fellow turf curator, I say well done !! Best the field has looked in a long time !
When commentator, "I have no idea Fittler" tried to be intelligent talking about the field and the turf, I thought to myself, "Freddie, if you know f*ck-all about horticulture, better to shut your mouth and just look stupid, rather than open it & confirm everyone's thoughts!

BTW, the field is looking good. The over-sew with rye is keeping that green tinge!

cherry_poppins said:
globaleagle said:
swoop said:

as well as him banging on every time the titans kicked down field that they were going for a 40/20. even when the ball was being kicked straight down the middle of the field. hadley needs to practice on his crowd number counting as well as is understanding of what a 40/20 is

I'll put the channel 9 coverage of this game as the worst I have ever had to put up with. 5 minutes in and the commentary was driving me crazy. It is supposed to be a professional game and we get the 3 Stooges. I could forgive them if they started smacking each other as that is about the level of slapstick we are copping.

Hit play on my recording this morning only to find it started 13 mins into the game. Then at half time they put a 60 min soccer show on the tele...which kind of threw me for a bit!

So....could be better sports net world...get onto it!

giving hadley a job as a commentator so he stopped death riding the footy show was a very bad move on nines part, he's still the worst of the TV commentators on any channel by a very large margin.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8