Manly saviour Delmege confident about his own battle for survival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Update on Max ...

Just Rang the hospital and was told that Max is in a stable condition which is fantastic news !!!

Also Mrs D has received the card and gifts for Max on behalf of all of us Silvertail members

Well done Bozo your a good egg. Great news he is on the mend.

Well done Bozo your a good egg. Great news he is on the mend.

All passionate Manly fans that honour and respect Max for what he did for our club like you are also good eggs feathered friend

161231_wn_index1_16x9_992.jpg

An update from @Mrs D on Facebook.

A quick but brief update:

Max’s operation went well.
Far bigger than any (including the surgeons) anticipated.

Max is a fighter and we all know that.

Thankyou so much for all the calls, texts, PM’s and well wishes. It really means a lot to all of us and we know you all genuinely care.

Please don’t phone the hospital to try and get information because those nurses are so busy and as we all know due to privacy reasons no one will be told anything.

Max is still in the intensive care unit with a long way to go.
For his own privacy and dignity we as a family will only say please pray because that’s what Maxy would want you all to be doing.

I have so many messages and things I haven’t responded to. I’m sorry.

But for now and as I said in original post my main concern right now is Max. I need to sleep and eat and be as strong as I can to be there for Max each day, so the calls are very much appreciated but please my focus is being besides Max.

His family and I want you all to just pray and keep sending positive vibes. Max has always had a fighting spirit in him and that’s not changing now.

Again we ask to allow us the chance to be healthy for ourselves while being there for Max that you give us the privacy and space needed.

I’ll update again soon.

Much love and prayers to My Maxy.

The legend

Thankyou so much @BOZO for the Dan murphy’s Card and his scratchies. They will be kept in a safe place until Maxy is able to make good use of them.

Thankyou all for your well wishes and support. It really means a lot to myself, Max and his 2 sons.

Keep the prayers going

Thankyou so much @BOZO for the Dan murphy’s Card and his scratchies. They will be kept in a safe place until Maxy is able to make good use of them.

Thankyou all for your well wishes and support. It really means a lot to myself, Max and his 2 sons.

Keep the prayers going

Max really means a lot to all Manly Fans as well .

Max saved our club and has given all fans the joy of having a great club to follow like Manly

He was part of our club when we were at our peak having demoralized the Storm in a record Grand final 40 - nil win which proudly still stands today

His big heart filled with passion and generosity will always be appreciated

image.php.jpg

MD Wednesday

Max Delmege in brush with death

Ben James

image.ashx

Max Delmege recovering in hospital after being brought out of his coma. Picture: Sam Delmege

MAX Delmege has told of his brush with death after being placed in an induced coma following open heart surgery.

The Manly Sea Eagles coowner from 2002 to 2010 told the Daily he is incredibly lucky to be alive and has vowed to be back at his beloved Brookie Oval before too long. The property developer, who now lives on the Gold Coast, was taken to hospital by his wife Sam earlier this month after struggling with his breathing.

Doctors discovered his heart valves were leaking and he was booked in for open heart surgery on August 12.

“Max was scared,” Mrs Delmege wrote on her blog. “In my 10 years of knowing Max all I have known is a stoic, optimistic man... in the days before the operation I saw a vulnerable side.

“A scared man who thought his time was coming to an end.”

She told the Daily: “Waiting for news during the operation was just awful. I was just pacing up and down.”

He was on the operating table for seven hours, four hours of which his heart was out of his body while the surgeons tried to repair the valves. It was then reconnected and given a jump start.

He had made it through surgery but in the days after his organs began to fail.

Doctors placed him in an induced coma in an attempt for his body to heal.

“Thinking I may have to say goodbye to my best friend, I couldn’t even contemplate,” Mrs Delmege said.

For eight days he remained in a coma before he finally started to improve.

Remarkably before long the old Max was back, and, wrapped in his Sea Eagles blanket, he even managed to get the footy on the TV in hospital.

“I am incredibly lucky,” he said on Monday having returned home. “The support from everyone at Manly has been fantastic. I even got a card with some scratchies from the Silvertails.

“I want to get back to Brookvale and I want to be at the Grand Final if we get there.

“They are a terrific bunch of people at Manly and that’s why I have no qualms for what I did.”

Last edited:
What an awesome outcome. Speedy recovery Max. Just shows how generosity of the heart is paid forward with such overwhelming support for this great Manly icon. I'm so proud to be part of this forum and a fan of the greatest club.

MD Wednesday

Max Delmege in brush with death

Ben James

image.ashx

Max Delmege recovering in hospital after being brought out of his coma. Picture: Sam Delmege

MAX Delmege has told of his brush with death after being placed in an induced coma following open heart surgery.

The Manly Sea Eagles coowner from 2002 to 2010 told the Daily he is incredibly lucky to be alive and has vowed to be back at his beloved Brookie Oval before too long. The property developer, who now lives on the Gold Coast, was taken to hospital by his wife Sam earlier this month after struggling with his breathing.

Doctors discovered his heart valves were leaking and he was booked in for open heart surgery on August 12.

“Max was scared,” Mrs Delmege wrote on her blog. “In my 10 years of knowing Max all I have known is a stoic, optimistic man... in the days before the operation I saw a vulnerable side.

“A scared man who thought his time was coming to an end.”

She told the Daily: “Waiting for news during the operation was just awful. I was just pacing up and down.”

He was on the operating table for seven hours, four hours of which his heart was out of his body while the surgeons tried to repair the valves. It was then reconnected and given a jump start.

He had made it through surgery but in the days after his organs began to fail.

Doctors placed him in an induced coma in an attempt for his body to heal.

“Thinking I may have to say goodbye to my best friend, I couldn’t even contemplate,” Mrs Delmege said.

For eight days he remained in a coma before he finally started to improve.

Remarkably before long the old Max was back, and, wrapped in his Sea Eagles blanket, he even managed to get the footy on the TV in hospital.

“I am incredibly lucky,” he said on Monday having returned home. “The support from everyone at Manly has been fantastic. I even got a card with some scratchies from the Silvertails.

“I want to get back to Brookvale and I want to be at the Grand Final if we get there.

“They are a terrific bunch of people at Manly and that’s why I have no qualms for what I did.”

Thank you for that news HM

Looks like Max went through a tough time but a testimony to the great mans character Tough times dont last but tough people do

Thank God Max is on his way to recovery . He looks great in the photo

MR PENN IF YOU ARE READING THIS......

YOU WERE VERY HONORABLE AND GRACIOUS IN PUTTING THE CLUB FIRST AND ACCEPTING DES BACK FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED FOR YOU AND MAX TO FALL OUT .

BUT I DO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU EXPRESS YOUR GRACIOUSNESS ONCE AGAIN AND ACCEPT BACK ANOTHER GREAT MANLY MAN AND MAKE HIM FEEL AT HOME AT BROOKVALE OVAL LOTTOLAND WHERE ALL MANLY GREATS BELONG

YOU WOULD BE PUTTING OUR GREAT CLUB FIRST AND ONCE AGAIN REJUVENATE THE SPIRIT OF OUR MANLY COMMUNITY AND MAKE US STRONGER TOGETHER .

THANK YOU MR PENN AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK IN MAKING OUR GREAT CLUB GREATER

7MW5TSH2A_2.jpg

Last edited:
Kudos @BOZO for sending the gifts to Max. What a passionate Manly man you are.

Glad to hear Max is on the improve.

Thank you for your post @Kudos , You are one of many passionate Manly people on our Silvertail forum members

.A club is not made greater when we are divided

A club is made greater when we are united

Thank you and all our passionate Manly fans and Silvertail forum members for the kind and thoughtful messages to Max

7MW5TSH2A_2.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4