Manly in the EPL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gruggy link said:
Sp*rs.

Lol.

Chimbonda and Keane. To think, some people wonder why the rest of the world laughs at them.

[img=400x291]http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/498x363/feb_09/gun__1233680011_arshavin_gallery4.jpg[/img]

Hopefully he'll be worth the wait. I have no doubt that after a few weeks of \"harden the f*ck up training\" he'll have an immediate impact. A lot of people predicted Nasri would take a while to adapt and look how quick he became accustomed to the EPL.

Fabgreas,Nasri,Rosicky, Walcott,Arshavin - (When fully fit) Has to be up there with the best midfield's in the world. My prediction -

Adebayor            RVP

Nasri            Fabregas      Rosicky      Arshavin

Clichy            Gallas            Toure        Sagna   

Almunia   

i have seen better teams down at the park. That is ****, the only player in that line up who would make it into the Man Utd first 11 is Fabregas and still that would only be for 33% of the matches as he would probably alternate between Anderson and Carrick.

I think the whole arsenal team needs a little bit of harden the f*ck up after there recent performances. Don't get me wrong, they are an excellent young team they just don't have the mentatility to win week in week out.

Skilful but light weight midfield if you ask me - look at all the successful teams...where is their water carrier?

Sure they will be great to watch but if needed to get a 0-0 away from home would you think they could carry it off (a 4-4 maybe)

We do need an enforcer badly. Unless we recruit externally, Diaby is my hope. 6 ft plus, big, strong and African French. A junior Vieria.

Better teams in the park? All our players except Almunia, are starters for their countries. Or whilst not being automatic starters, they do play regularly (Clichy, Sagna). As well as some benchies - Denilson, Diaby, Ramsey, Eduardo, Bendtner, Silvestre - All have senior caps. The physical quality is there, there's no doubt. There just needs to be a continuing development of the mental attributes in order to truly contest for the League and various cups.

So Czech Republic captain Rosicky is sh*t? Nasi, a 21 year old current French International player "The next Zidane" is sh*t as well? Arhavin who carved up every team he played in Euro, including single handedly raping Holland (3-0 btw), who actually hasn't played a game for us is sh*t also?

You can keep Carrick (Spurs reject) and Anderson. I'd rather any of the above over those two.

AA should add the experience(40+ caps for Russia at 27), flair and attacking prowess we need to start developing that momentum we lack at the moment.

But, having said that, we're unbeaten in nine games? So momentum doesn't seem to be that much of a problem. It's more so getting the ball in the net when it's needed. Something which AA, Rosicy, Fabregas and Walcott should add once they reutrn. Don't forget Eduardo is back in a few weeks too.

Away form isn't a big issue this season. We have a 2-1 win against Chelsea, 3-1 at Hull, 4-0 at Blackburn to name a few. Whilst there are a few we should have won, 4-4 at WHL and 2-2 at Villa, it's our home form I believe that should be better. Before this season we had only lost the one game at Emirates. Since then we've had a few draws and that number of defeats has doubled.

Can't wait for the game V Sp*rs this weekend, once again it's on early Monday morning ffs.

Man Utd Win!
Liverpool got lucky and
Chelsea/Arsenal had draws where there should have been wins.

Zep link said:
Man Utd Win!
Liverpool got lucky and
Chelsea/Arsenal had draws where there should have been wins.
The Gunners lost Eboue to a red card early in the first half and did well to get a point. Who was waiting for Villa to collapse? - I don't think it will happen. Way too many draws for us and even fourth spot is looking doubtful.

I liked Scolari but he had such a relaxed attitude. That only gets support when the results are good. Liverpool looked lucky to get the points but all credit to them for fighting back, and it was a lovely game-saver by Giggs against the Hammers. We have a good tussle from the top two and a massive game coming up on the 22nd.

Is this the most bizarre EPL season in a while

Kaka to Man City
Tony Adams hired then fired
Mr Loyalty Harry Red......
....Spurs buying back every player they sold 6 months before
Rafa's rants
Paul Ince / Roy Keane
Poor ref's (every week)
Newcastle......
Now big phil sacked just after a transfer window!
What a season!

lsz link said:
Is this the most bizarre EPL season in a while

Kaka to Man City
Tony Adams hired then fired
Mr Loyalty Harry Red......
Rafa's rants
Paul Ince / Roy Keane
Poor ref's (every week)
Newcastle......
Now big phil sacked just after a transfer window!
What a season!

Somethings change, somethings never do. Manchester United on Top.

I admit though it is going to be really hectic coming in the final rounds of the league. I never really liked the term of '6 point games' but this is looking to be a cracker on the 14 March between the Pool and Man Utd. Just 3 rounds before the end. Then we have Aston Villa two weeks later who could be in contention as well. AWESOME!

Villa are interesting - have had some great luck (although have they made their own luck? Over Xmas when they got all those own goals etc) with only the one serious injury will the bubble burst? Or is Marty O the best manager going around?

Bloody manu beat my lot on the weekend - we went okay apart from looking like we would not score if we played for 10 hours....

Scolari had zero club experience. Lots of reports saying it was too overwhelming for him.

Mourinho should never have left. It has nothing to do with players tbh, the only "new" players they have aquired are Deco and Anelka. From memory only Ben-Haim has left (he's garbage anyway).

Read an article today quoting Guus, stating that he may do a short term spell there whilst still coaching the Russia NT - Something similar to the agreement the FFA had I believe?

Meh, either way, if it helps us overtake Chelsea im all for it.

Eboue is a f*cking goose. Waste of space, wages and a spot in the starting team. He is a backup to Sagna and nothing more. I'd love to see him go in the Summer window along with Denilson.

lsz link said:
Villa are interesting - have had some great luck (although have they made their own luck? Over Xmas when they got all those own goals etc) with only the one serious injury will the bubble burst? Or is Marty O the best manager going around?

Bloody manu beat my lot on the weekend - we went okay apart from looking like we would not score if we played for 10 hours....

it will be interest when Man Utd go 1 goal down and then we will see if they have the character to come back from that. I know that they have in the FA Cup a couple of times. But they seem to like the 1-0 vitcories. They are going to get punished at the wrong time by a late equalizer if they keep resting on a 1 goal lead.

It would be great to Villa get 3rd or 4th. Brings another club up with the top 4 (also you could assume that Man City is going to go nuts in the summer buying players). The money they would get from the Champions league alone would be awesome. Assuming they make it past the group stages.

lsz link said:

Mainly because Ramos had created a poorly put together squad. Way too lightweight in the midfield, not enough cover in the backs considering how injury prone Woodgate, King and Bale are, and not enough forwards with EPL experience (Bent was the only one, who except for when he's in the box is rubbish). Redknapp has gone about buying back proven players who were with us when we finished fifth in the league and a great midfielder in Palacios (his performance against the Arse was the best complete central midfield performance I've seen by a Spurs player since I started watching after Carrick left). Hopefully we'll finish around 10th-12th this year and build back up to qualifying for the UEFA Cup through the league (we could still get in this year by winning the Carling Cup against Man Utd) in 09/10.

Downie link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=178861.msg206585#msg206585 date=1234237109]

Mainly because Ramos had created a poorly put together squad. Way too lightweight in the midfield, not enough cover in the backs considering how injury prone Woodgate, King and Bale are, and not enough forwards with EPL experience (Bent was the only one, who except for when he's in the box is rubbish). Redknapp has gone about buying back proven players who were with us when we finished fifth in the league and a great midfielder in Palacios (his performance against the Arse was the best complete central midfield performance I've seen by a Spurs player since I started watching after Carrick left). Hopefully we'll finish around 10th-12th this year and build back up to qualifying for the UEFA Cup through the league (we could still get in this year by winning the Carling Cup against Man Utd) in 09/10.
[/quote]

I only have 1 problem with that and that is that they will have to beat Man Utd.

Can you blame Ramos or do you blame the director of football (Camollie???). To be fair it was a crazy structure at spurs.....but buying keane back when they already had defoe........who they sold as he could not play with keane.....

As for the League cup I thought they were already in UEFA - Manu will be in the champions league therefore the spot goes to spurs?

lsz link said:
Can you blame Ramos or do you blame the director of football (Camollie???). To be fair it was a crazy structure at spurs.....but buying keane back when they already had defoe........who they sold as he could not play with keane.....

As for the League cup I thought they were already in UEFA - Manu will be in the champions league therefore the spot goes to spurs?

Not sure if the Runner Up goes through or if they instead give it to the next highest on the ladder. I know there was a big fuss last year about Spurs wanting to win the Carling Cup to qualify even though we were versing Chelsea who were going to qualify for the Champions League.

And Comolli was just an Arsenal man in disguise >_> It was a silly system but I think Comolli was more responsible for the fringe signings just as Taraabt (who looks a decent prospect off the bench), Boateng (rubbish), Rocha (rubbish) etc. Ramos put together a squad that would do well in Spain but didn't have the physical presence to compete week in, week out in the league (which is why we've done well against the fancier sides in Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool (haven't lost to any of these in the league so far, we're the only team to beat Liverpool in the league and also beat them in the Carling Cup) but struggle against the lower end teams who rely more on athletes than technically gifted players). And the fact that Ramos couldn't speak any English and had to rely on Poyet wasn't exactly a thing for building team spirit either.

Ah boateng...there was a classic quote from the club that sold him - it was along the lines off "our profit was 10 million Euros' higher than expected and for that we Tottenham to thank!"

As for Ramos when you look at it Seville were a great cup team but not as consistent in the league

Question for you what do you think of Harry? I am not a big fan....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2