Manly in the EPL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Man United rules i can't stand the S**t EPL clubs, like Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea.

Long live Man United the best football club in the world second to none  ;D

2rxzl2h.png
9stg92.png

Chelski - no goals 
Arsenal - 3 goals
Real score Gunners 2-1

You really appreciate the level of the EPL watching the big 4 in their clashes. Chelski looked fantastic in the first half with quick raids and assisted by poor Gunner play in getting out of their defence areas. It was a complete turn-around in the second half with the Stamford Bridge boys looking incapable of making a break and Arsenal grabbing the points.

van Persie, van Persie and it is another happy week. If the A league could put on that level of skill then i might add a team to be followed.

ManlyBacker link said:
If the A league could put on that level of skill then i might add a team to be followed.

Anyone that bags the A-League out for being boring and sh!t etc are thick. What do you expect? EPL standard games performed by blokes where 99% of them couldn't get a run in ANY EPL side.

If you choose to watch a-league it is has to be because it's your local team or you want to see the national comp develop.

It’s like watching Eric Moussambani swim and hoping for a Michael Phelps performance.

Sucked in Chelski.  Was great news to wake up to another Arsenal win against wankers, just like it was when they trounced ManU.

The A league is a nonsense, just a fabricated competition for no-hopers.

Read an article where Chelski through russia have 28Bil at there desposal/... That is nothing that man city can now boast. 500bil... we might even see kaka and messi with buffon playing in England... WOW!

I am going to savour last nights win for Man United as it could be a while till we beat them again in the ****ing filth side of the town

Just saw this thread..

Has to be the Gooners, as a fellow Gooner I can see great similarities between Arsenal FC and MWRLFC.

* Strong history - The 1930's for Arsenal were the 70's for Manly. Both teams are heavily involved in the nostalgic's of both codes.

* Successful - 13 Premier League/1st division titles, 10 FA Cup's, 2 League Cup's.

* Strong community ties - Arsenal are the only club out of the "Big four" to still have a majority British ownership.

* Ethics - Strong morals and ethics from the Chairman down to the players. Like Manly, you will rarely see an Arsenal play "dirty", be caught up in illegal or violent off-field affairs or bring the code into disrepute.

* Entertaining brand of play - Brett Stewart is the Cesc Fabregas of Manly, can create something out of nothing. Asthetically, both teams are the best in their codes.

* Financially strong - Wealth that is created and sustained by good business management, not overnight cashflow from Russian, Icelandic or Arab billionaires.

* Former Greats - From modern greats like Vieira, Bergkamp & Henry compareable to Lyons, Toovey and Menzies. As well as past hero's David O'Leary, George Armstrong and Lee Dixon who could double as Randall, Eadie and Krillich.

* Both clubs traditional colours are maroon & white.

* The best supporter groups.

It's a no brainer ;)

If Arsenal are Maroon then Melbourne play in bright pink. It is a red colour, as I note every time I walk past the unsold Arsey jerseys to look at Sea Eagle gear at Rebel Sport in Westiefield!!

**** Man Unt are looking good and bad at the same time, awesome defense but have half of the players injured... Attacking players injured, with big games coming up against bolton (it is because it will put them in the lead of the premier league) and inter milan which really should be an awesome match up. 0-0 at the san siro (if they still play there) and 2-1 to Man Utd at OT. Then FA cup, second round carling cup.

Berbatov seems to be having the impact that was wanted when he came to Man Utd but at the expense of Tevez? hard to say who i would pick first. By the looks of it they are buying some more wide midfielders to allow ronaldo a free roaming attacking player.

I heard a funny story about the Man Utd phone system, when you phone you have to press a button for certain departments and of course there is the introductory message, well apparently it is something like this "We won't sell ronaldo. We Won't sell ronaldo to the oily side of town".  I am going to google it now to see if it is true or not, but pretty funny if it was.

Canteen Worker link said:
If Arsenal are Maroon then Melbourne play in bright pink. It is a red colour, as I note every time I walk past the unsold Arsey jerseys to look at Sea Eagle gear at Rebel Sport in Westiefield!!

The traditional colours are officially "redcurrent" and white, which is much closer to  the "Manly Maroon" than red  CW. To the average Joe who does not hold a degree in wanky colour names, I'd say it'd be a fair assumption to call it "maroon".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_FC

The side wore the traditional colours in the 05/06 season as well

B000ARLW3W.01-A2PQCYHMPO91ZM._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Zep link said:
S**t Man Unt are looking good and bad at the same time, awesome defense but have half of the players injured... Attacking players injured, with big games coming up against bolton (it is because it will put them in the lead of the premier league) and inter milan which really should be an awesome match up. 0-0 at the san siro (if they still play there) and 2-1 to Man Utd at OT. Then FA cup, second round carling cup.

Berbatov seems to be having the impact that was wanted when he came to Man Utd but at the expense of Tevez? hard to say who i would pick first. By the looks of it they are buying some more wide midfielders to allow ronaldo a free roaming attacking player.

I heard a funny story about the Man Utd phone system, when you phone you have to press a button for certain departments and of course there is the introductory message, well apparently it is something like this \"We won't sell ronaldo. We Won't sell ronaldo to the oily side of town\".  I am going to google it now to see if it is true or not, but pretty funny if it was.

It could easily be worse..

They could be Chelski.

Gruggy link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178861.msg205280#msg205280 date=1232113499]

The traditional colours are officially "redcurrent" and white, which is much closer to  the "Manly Maroon" than red  CW. To the average Joe who does not hold a degree in wanky colour names, I'd say it'd be a fair assumption to call it "maroon".

B000ARLW3W.01-A2PQCYHMPO91ZM._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

[/quote]Fair enough Grug. I don't have pay so don't watch EPL but the colours they have played in whilst I was watching (about 35 years) have been predominantly red!

Gruggy link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178861.msg205280#msg205280 date=1232113499]

[/quote]

That is right, but if you read carefully it says that is the first time the redcurrent had been worn since 1930!

I'm a Gunner's supporter and red & white is the colour we all know. I loved the 05/06 kit ('cos of Manly) but it isn't what any Gooner fan would normally recognise.

Man Utd are back where they should be and are normally - The top!

Seriously chelski and the pool have been getting some pretty ordinary draws, Manchester Unt should send stoke a casket or 4 of bourbon.  I am really hoping that Aston Villa too make it to the Champions league so next year there will be 6 seriously cashed up teams. Make the top of the table more competitive to different clubs.

****ing scrap that, i was up l,ate last night at 1-1 stoke - chelski, i can't believe they got the win, i saw a free kick with mere seconds to go squandered and thought that was the end so i went to bed, maybe should have stayed up that 2 mins longer... alas.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Gruggy link=topic=178861.msg205321#msg205321 date=1232206123]

[/quote]

That is right, but if you read carefully it says that is the first time the redcurrent had been worn since 1930!

I'm a Gunner's supporter and red & white is the colour we all know. I loved the 05/06 kit ('cos of Manly) but it isn't what any Gooner fan would normally recognise.
[/quote]

I know I know :p

But, what's technical is still technical.

I personally love the redcurrent, not only for the obvious Manly references, but it makes us different to allllll the other red teams - Man Poo, Scousers, 'Boro, N.Forest etc.

I totally agree MB, CW. We all associate the Gunners with red and white, but anything that supports my arguement is welcome ;)

Chelski...lol They shouldn't have beaten Stoke, what a shambles they have turned into. Fat Frank at it again!

At least we have an excuse - We lost two key midfielders during the window, have two of key players out for a extended period of time (Rosicky, Eduardo) as well as the injuries to Walcott and Fabregas.

To say we are lacking quality in the middle of the park is an understatement. Plus the onfield drama that is Gallas doesn't help morale.

I think we'll make the top four, Villa will stumble whilst we'll remain consistent as always. Plus over the next few weeks Eduardo and Walcott should be back. Arsene needs to buy a top holding midfielder as well as a strong, dominating CB.  Another striker would do wonders as well.

A good, gritty away win at Hull should hopefully be the foundation of a nice string of momentum.

Outside of the team harmony issue (and surely they could have done something there) they shouldn't have got rid of Hleb. He held it all together midfield, could make killer passes up front, could run at speed and weave into scoring situations. It is all history now but that is where we are suffering. I actually saw Bendtner score a good goal the other day - sure it was a fluke. I'm getting a bad feeling about playing Champions League.

Indeed MB - Gallas should never have been handed the armband imo. He was always a sook at Chelski and was an outspoken captain for the national team too. Not to mention he was a Chelski player and had only been at the club for a short time.

IMHO Toure should have been given the C after Thierry's depature. I love Fabregas as the captain as he has alwas been toued as a captain of the future, but unfortuantly he copped his knock before we saw any real captaincy. So the jury is still out I suppose.

All this talk of Toure leaving because of Gallas' dummy spit, bah! Toure should be offered a flat in Highbury for the rest of his life. Our best defender and longest serving at the club! I'd support Arsene selling Gallas, only if we sign a world class CB ( Mexes would be ideal).

Hleb was class, his finishing left a lot to be desired, but as you said MB, his skill on and off the ball was simply amazing. We miss his creativity more than anything this season. But, alas like Flamini he was seeking the dollar and can share stories with Mathieau about going from a starting player, playing regular CL football to warming the bench in each respective league.

Was that Bendtner's goal against Bolton? His passing was dreadful, but that finish was superb.

Plus, he also scored a goal against Hull on the weekend. The highlight being his lead up work and run off the ball for the tap in - Not bad for a lad who just turned 21.

Bring on Cardiff on the 25th and Everton on the 28th. Hopefully Ramsay gets a run against his former club.

CL worries me as well, thankfully we aren't in TOO hard a group - but nothing is easy in the final stages.

i have to admit arsenal are doing well for their team. Very young and full of injuries atm unfortunately. They need to buy a statesman in midfield.

Talking about Centre Backs, i would love to see Vidic wins some awards at the end of this month (player of the month etc), he has been brilliant in defense with no Rio beside him.

At this stage of the season any predictions on the ladder? I will be so bold to say

1. Man Utd
2. Chelski - 2 points behind
2. Liverpool - 2 points behind

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8