Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
I agree with this, its just hard (at this point) for me to see how it can be turned around....its not just like we lost last week and this week is a new game, this all started about 8 weeks before the end of last season AND hasn't stopped since, with everything that's gone on the last month (and there will be more, we still have the coach sacking to come) how can you possibly think that anything positive will happen.

I'm not a pessimist (well maybe a little) but I'm certainly a realist.

We are screwed!!

Calm down Mark your making me feel like an optimist and I don't like it.

Upon reflection no

A crisis is what Gold Coast are going through.
A crisis is what the West Tigers are looking at re their ongoing funding future
We lost players, key players, but the sky is not falling in (unless you count some of the posts on here)

Gold Coast have no crisis they will be funded 2 the end of time by the NRL (if necessary)

Wests Tigers have no funding problem Balmain have funding problem the Magpies are quiet happy 2 go it alone.

For Manly it is a mini crisis will we survive of course we will we will thrive in the not 2 distant future but let's not kid ourselves that everything is rosy.

Gold Coast have no crisis they will be funded 2 the end of time by the NRL (if necessary)

Wests Tigers have no funding problem Balmain have funding problem the Magpies are quiet happy 2 go it alone.

For Manly it is a mini crisis will we survive of course we will we will thrive in the not 2 distant future but let's not kid ourselves that everything is rosy.
If only it was a drugs crisis - the NRL and ASADA can make that blow over in 6 weeks...

Does anyone know if we still have Dave Warrick's as head of recruitment or was he aligned with the Quantum. ?

Cheers for that C&C....I'll see if I can find out.
I always respected his eye for talent.

Why do I get the feeling that I've just acted like an idiot...Oh well it won't be the last time!

@andrew Sorry mate, but there was a whole episode last year, or maybe the one before when @recruitment manager came on here.

I called bull**** as I didn't think a staffer would do that, and it ended up in being a ****fight over wether he was real or not.

@Chip and Chase is just being a little cheeky with this post!!

@andrew Sorry mate, but there was a whole episode last year, or maybe the one before when @recruitment manager came on here.

I called bull**** as I didn't think a staffer would do that, and it ended up in being a ****fight over wether he was real or not.

@Chip and Chase is just being a little cheeky with this post!!
It's all good Mark...I assumed it was some sort of inside joke...I'm actually happy to see anyone having a laugh with all the **** that's going on at the moment.

I'd say its a crisis now. Probably has been since August when Souffs rolled us.

Our forwards are the best we can "afford", and until the $ bill bro's leave it will remain that way. If KF stays (and I hope he doesn't) we will be stuck in this perpetual cycle of cheap forwards going backwards v backlines of diamonds for quite some time.

Meh. Just another day at the office for a Manly fan. We've been lurching from one crisis to another for years, at least as reported by the media. It'll only be a real crisis when we stop winning (which admittedly may be sooner rather than later).

Crisis what crisis northern Eagles was a crisis good coach good core players best juniors since can remember coming through need one or two marque signings each year for the next two years and we will be back where we belong

I was more pissed off when des and hoppa left after the grand final than I am now DCE is Australia's 3rd ranked half good but not the best Thurston is worth that type of money if I was DCE and Foz I would take the money and go just like trex did no BS just tell everyone that I got a massive offer that was too good to be true and manly fortunately were not stupid enough to match it

crisis, maybe, not sure, but #crisis, seems more likely

I'm a "No" voter too.
Manly always have drama and always will.
However, I will vote "yes" if Toovey was forced out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8