Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
11 straight years of finals is unheard of except for the cheating scum...for those players whinging about our retention policy PLEASE READ THIS

On average half the sides who make the top 8 are not there the following year.

To maintain our standards for this long is unbelieveable and shows how incredibly difficult planning a roster is.They should be rejoicing in the fact they have had the chance to play together for so long not playing out a public melodrama.The reason that they get paid 500k plus a year is because it is a BUSINESS and business requires decisive decisions.They cant have it both ways.

For those calling for Tooveys head, would you have kept Glenn Stewart on for another 3 years? At 600k+ and playing poorly since 2012, plus the chronic ankle injuries he is battling.
I think you cant blame him for making the tough call. Brett is in the same boat IMO. Is looking more frail year by year.

bones said:
I've always said no, but I'm leaning the other way lately. Just have a horrible gut feeling that things are going to explode as soon as our season ends.

I'm exactly the same.

Really can't see us winning another game on current form. Players out injured doesn't really help on that front either.

I always thought it was a beat up but this form slump says it all in my opinion.

Brooke said:
I vote yes but hope I am wrong. If true as reported by Bob Dylan that Choc and Foran are not talking to Tooves , that sounds like a crisis.

I also can't help but thinking DCE's lack of form lately seems very timely with Choc's alleged shunning of him.

Remember we used to always see DCE and Foz sharing a joke and looking so happy. Not any more.

DCE was amazing the first part of the season. He won so many games for us.
We need the happy DCE back. He needs to be supported by all his teammates and the fans. He is the key.

Jamie Buhrer's injury not only leaves a big hole but he and Daly are close. So he has now has not only lost his best mate in the team, he has to endure the wrath of Choc .

Brooke, I believe you are spot on.

I suspect 2V is the meat in the sandwich. I very much doubt if his position is at risk and even suspect that he will eventually be the next Arthurson at Manly. If players have got on the wrong side of 2V, I would suspect they are targeting the messenger not those who make final decisions. I suspect 2V would take a firm stand and not be as antagonistic towards management as Hasler was, deserved or not. I suspect he'll take a middle ground and recognise that problems eventually resolve themselves as people move on.

Tooves is Manly.The idea of him getting the bullet is ridiculous.If there are players out there who want to play Russian Roulette with him then good luck boys.There will only be one winner and it wont be them.

Well Watmough has gone. That's one of the three out. Lets see what happens with Matai and Stewart. I'm really surprised that Watmough has made this decision. But I suspect money was a lot to do with it. Is Manly culling the old feathers? Will Manly release Watmough from his final year to make way for others? I guess Jake Turbojet, Jam'oate and Knight (if he sticks around) will be happy there's a space for them in the top grade

From the lurker on sportal

Sea Eagles time bomb

The simmering powder-keg at Manly is two to three weeks away from finally imploding.

Senior players are privately angered by recent events but have refrained from saying anything while the team is still alive in the race for the premiership.

It will be on for young and old when their season is over - and reports of Anthony Watmough's possible departure only adds fuel to the fire.

The most explosive interview of the year will be Glenn Stewart when he opens up to the media.

He has vowed to tell the full story of the bitter feud with club management.

Maybe someone can tell me what other issues the players have against the Manly club and management , other than the Glen Stewart issue. Harry keeps alluding to problems in lower grades etc and others speak of the club imploding. What exactly is the problem. This didnt happen when Kite was shown the door and he's been just as valuable to Manly as Glen Stewart.

Though it might be interesting to revisit this after 6 months.

#crisis ?? I think I'm in the yes camp now given what has transpired over the last few weeks.

Chinese word for "crisis"
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crisis

The Chinese word for "crisis" (simplified Chinese: 危机; traditional Chinese: 危機; pinyin: wēijī) is frequently invoked in Western motivational speaking because the word is composed of two Chinese characters that can represent "danger" and "opportunity". Some linguists have criticized this usage because the component pronounced (simplified Chinese: ; traditional Chinese: ) has other meanings besides "opportunity".

Lets grab the opportunity to reserve our place in the Top 8 for the next decade :nod:

There's no crisis if they can keep winning at above say 60%. For other clubs it might be 50% or even lower, but not for MWSE.

There's no crisis if MWSE win and the fans turn up to the matches. And they will turn up if Manly keep winning. The two go hand in hand. :)
Everyone needs to perform at their best to make sure of this: J Kelly, 2V, Donny Singe, the halves / Joey, the forwards, the Board, the fullback etc etc

After revisiting this thread - nothing has changed except we will not have our 1/2 and 5/8 after this year.

It's been a long time.

Forget what happened last year, lets face it an arsey field goal ended our season.

I've seen similar Manly performances. 1979/80 , 1989/90, 1999-2003 but that wasn't Manly so we are told so N.E doesn't count. Has all the hallmarks of those dismal seasons.

I've seen similar Manly performances. 1979/80 , 1989/90, 1999-2003 but that wasn't Manly so we are told so N.E doesn't count. Has all the hallmarks of those dismal seasons.

I agree with this, its just hard (at this point) for me to see how it can be turned around....its not just like we lost last week and this week is a new game, this all started about 8 weeks before the end of last season AND hasn't stopped since, with everything that's gone on the last month (and there will be more, we still have the coach sacking to come) how can you possibly think that anything positive will happen.

I'm not a pessimist (well maybe a little) but I'm certainly a realist.

We are screwed!!

picard-facepalm-hotlink.jpg

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8