Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
We've been so successful because we've had "champion players" who have played like a champion team...for whatever reason, age, injuries, mental fatigue or disharmony we've lost that special ingredient.

I hope the boy's can bounce back next week because I honestly feel sorry for them.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I'm a NO voter.

There may well be crap going on behind the scenes but these guys do play for each other, and Foran's interview at the end of the game suggested that.

" We know how to fix it but we are just having trouble doing so"

But I am sure the "doom and gloomers" will overpower my view by 1000%

There's plenty of crap going behind the scenes but there is no crisis.

There's also plenty of injuries.

Besides if all the rumours that Matai, Choc and Brett want to go, then let them go. We have some very talented players coming through the ranks and with the extra cash we could buy a few fill-ins.

We've been spoilt with success and if the rebuilding stage sees us have a lean year or two so be it.

We will still have a team to support.

I voted no.

We were nowhere near our best yet the second half ended up 12-12. If we had played better in the first half who knows what might have been?

Whatever is going on though it needs sorting out before we face the Vermin next week.

Bearfax said:
Firstly I dont think this team can win the comp with the players we have out. But I wouldnt put too much into the loss against Nth Queensland.

It was obvious 2V was resting his players. He knew nothing serious would be gained winning the game, other than some pocket money and status. The real games start this coming weekend. He did this last year bringing in Trbojevic and Gutherson for a taste of 1st grade once he knew a top four position was achieved.

Obvious that he needed to keep some of his slightly injured players such as Lawrence and Brett Stewart out of harms way. Gave him a chance to see Chee Kam, Gutherson and Hodges in the top grade and see how far they have progressed as well as let them know they are on the short list for the firsts.

Hodges seemed to do a good job, Gutherson good in parts and Chee Kam still promising. But I dont think 2V went into this game to win but rather to ensure that he doesnt have any more injuries. King was left on to get him match fit for the big ones.

Having said that I dont think Manly will get beyond the semis without Buhrer, Ballin and Glen Stewart. And I dont think the problems over Stewart have anything to do with their form. These guys would want to win a premiership more than mope about over a mate being poorly handled, wouldnt you if you were in their position.

I voted no and agree with this post as to the reasons why

I voted No. I've watched some fantastic defensive efforts on our try line and that doesn't happen if they aren't playing for each other.

But the discipline in general play has gone completely downhill. Pushing passes that never had a hope of being taken, panic plays, lack of knuckling down to the hard work and maintaining a structure, hanging on to the ball. Lots of the small things that add up to tossing a game away. I can't remember swearing as much watching games unfold as the last month or so. Now with the serious injuries it looks a forgone conclusion.

For the record I voted yes.

I say the ****e will hit the fan the day we are eliminated.

I reckon 4 (Brett, Matai, Watmough and Foran) players will ask for a release or say they will happily sit out 2015. Toovey will be happy to see the back of a couple of them if its true Watmough and Foran dont speak to him.

bob dylan said:
For the record I voted yes.

I say the ****e will hit the fan the day we are eliminated.

I reckon 4 (Brett, Matai, Watmough and Foran) players will ask for a release or say they will happily sit out 2015. Toovey will be happy to see the back of a couple of them if its true Watmough and Foran dont speak to him.

Have to disagree with you on this one Bob. I think this whole incident over Glen Stewart has been over played by the media. Not saying the players weren't unhappy. They obviously were. But lets look at the four players you've mentioned in perspective.

Watmough has a year to run and a $900,000 pay out for that year. Will he sacrifice that because he's upset with one management decision. I would be very surprised. Further he is a Manly junior and I think it would take a lot for him to leave this late in his career. I think he's more worried that come the end of 2015, he could be facing Stewarts situation

Brett Stewart: He's got 2 years left on his contract. That means another club is going to have to pay him out as well as pay his wages. Cant see it.

Foran: I think he has spoken his piece but recognises that he is destined for the Manly captaincy. Again he has a year left on his contract. Who can afford him at the moment he would want to go to.

Matai: the only maybe I see but again he has been still negotiating with Manly for an extension. Why do that if he is intent on leaving? Sounds to me that he is after a decent deal to cover him for at least the next 3 years and Manly's offer hasnt been good enough yet.

Fair enough,I don't think the issues are about Glenn.

I will correct you on one thing. We all know for a fact Chocs contract is not $900k next year. That is a media beat up.

Time will tell.

I guess when it comes to who stays, who might go.....we'll find out after we either win the premiership or after we get bundled out between now and the GF.

I'm not so sold on the thought the players mentioned will be leaving as they're all contracted to at least the end of 2015.

Time will tell I guess.

No crisis.

I believe that we overachieved for most of the season with a fairly average forward pack. Moving towards the business end of the season, other clubs have gone up a gear, and we just don't have the cattle to match them. We would have gone close to matching them with Ballin, Buhrer, and Gifty, all fit and firing. As it turns out, they're missing, and that's dragged us even further back to the pack.

No crisis ,missing 3 or 4 starting fowards and our best back is always going to have an effect.
BJ and Snake back next week (i hope)
Get behind them against the filthy self important cheating wrestling vermin
Go Manly

bob dylan said:
Fair enough,I don't think the issues are about Glenn.

I will correct you on one thing. We all know for a fact Chocs contract is not $900k next year. That is a media beat up.

Time will tell.

Really? Good authority seems to think $900k is truth.

It's been posted on here 100 times, the actual contract has been seen..

It's not $900k, it's nowhere near that, it's half that.

Check out some posts by @Ryan for the proof.

No crisis. Yes some players were upset but I can't see that in performance, I think the performance was more affected by the fact this is the closest comp on record and we subconsciously took the foot off the pedal a smidgin when leading the comp by 4 points.

Now we may not be good enough to get back to form, but I'm not backing against us just yet. We are certainly good enough to beat Souths again, (and Souths know it).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7