Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
And aside from the titans last year 8th I think. None have played finals footy in forever. I don’t think the argument is if we can get a coach, it’s more about getting a decent one. As crap as it’s been here at least we are featuring in the finals every other year (compared to other clubs). This situation stinks but as another poster said we have a fair few out. This year has been the year from hell period. In saying that it’s beyond me why Des doesn’t throw sone youth in there. That bothers me.

2 out of our last 5 years isn't great, but do get some other clubs are in a worse position. There are many options though mate, including one's with Manly DNA:

1. Anthony Siebold (Manly DNA)
2. Walker Brothers (Manly DNA)
3. Flannagan
4. Tooves (Manly DNA)
5. Kristian Woolf
6. Cooper Cronk (with help)
7. John Morris, Mick Potter or other fringe guys who improved their teams
8. Any assistant from Melbourne, Chooks, Panthers (with help)
9. Offer Bellamy / Robinson the universe (Penn opens purse strings) - double what they are on now

etc etc etc

Have to disagree with this thread title and find something positive to say after reading all the depressing negativity here.

Rock bottom is the wooden spoon and we ain't getting that
We're in 11th spot
Thankfully we're not the West Tigers or Titans
Rock bottom is getting flogged with a fully fit team - half our team are missing

Yes, I'm really shattered with the current state of affairs, but I can't agree with being at rock bottom, yet.

Losing in the legendary Manly Jersey is Blasphemy

The only redemption is to honor the Great maroon and white colors with a Win

We need to start winning and start to live up to our legendary clubs benchmark of excellence
As the Greatest club the world has ever seen !!!

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Only One win against a top 8 team all season is not what the Great Manly finals teams of our great winning History are all about feathered friend

Agreed....but if you're going to sprout memes and inspirational quotes, at least get the facts right.

Agreed....but if you're going to sprout memes and inspirational quotes, at least get the facts right.
Thank you and I stand corrected with those facts

but the fact still is
only one win against a top 8 team all season is not what the Great Manly finals teams in our great winning History are all about

I like your positive post feathered friend but the fact is all season even with Tom in the first 7 rounds we did not beat a top 8 team

We have not beaten a top 8 team all season and this is why we did not earn a Top 8 spot this season

The moral of your excuses ....
Every team has injuries they are part of the game
Resilience and over coming adversity is part of the character in the playing roster
and this includes all 30 players and not just the 7
I agree Boz. We simply aren’t good enough across the board.
We were flat track bullies last year and we have been exposed for what we really are from round 1 all the way through this year.
We need a clean out and go to market and jag a big name signing.

My point was to get up all the turbo lovers who think they can perform magic and turn us into premiers. They are overpaid.

Nothing will change next year without changes to our coaching staff and structures. The players performances are a strong indicator they have no belief in the systems, coach and captain. The jersey gate was not the tipping point they were already lost. I hope Penn doesn’t put us through this pain next year because he won’t pay Des out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12