Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Agree with everything you say HK. One big problem is that players have all the power these days when it comes to contracts. We are stuck with the big 7 whether we like it or not. How am I as a fan going to find the will to cheers those arse&$les again, and at the same time, how are these 7 going to regain their enthusiasm when the club is broken from within. Over the last 3 weeks it has been crystal clear to see that every player has lost their will,.
People want evidence?. Just look at what happens every time there was broken field play, the team folded like a cheap suit. Des might have given then structure in attack, which they followed in the early part; but as soon as the ball went to ground and the structure was lost they all stood around and no-one wanted to make the recovery tackle. Take on top of that all the news and rumours of players asking for releases. These are very scary time, and unprecedented in Manly's history, just like the wooden spoon.

I'm really worried for the next 5 years, and beyond that the Trobjs will be at or toward the end of their careers - with nothing to show for it other than state of origins and dally M medals.

#Sack the 7 (wish we could)

NYEagle
Tend to agree with this, NYE, and get that players (or player managers) have a lot more power than in yesteryear. That said, I don't think any outcast group/individuals will last long here regardless of their contracts and bargaining power. It will get to the point where it is no fun for them either and they will quite likely be prepared to look elsewhere and move on. It's just a case of how do we sort such a large mess ASAP and with the least fallout damage.

Tend to agree with this, NYE, and get that players (or player managers) have a lot more power than in yesteryear. That said, I don't think any outcast group/individuals will last long here regardless of their contracts and bargaining power. It will get to the point where it is no fun for them either and they will quite likely be prepared to look elsewhere and move on. It's just a case of how do we sort such a large mess ASAP and with the least fallout damage.
Some have already asked to move on. Unfortunately the one who needs to go just got a contract extension. Rock bottom will be next week when Dogs put 40 on us.

Look what they done to my Club ma

Look what they done to my club

Well if the people are buying tears

I'll be rich someday ma

Look what they done to my club

1661587139706.png

For me the 7 can go..

For whatever reasons, no matter how valid they are to the individuals, they CHOSE to not play… knowing it was a must win game.. and the blokes that were left to go out there and bust their a$&es just to watch the season go down the drain can’t and shouldn’t be happy with them..
Regardless of the crap that’s put out in the media, if half my team scuttled my season by choosing to sit out a must win game I wouldn’t want to play with them again… and in the last few weeks this has shown through pretty clearly.

We also need to scrap the Blacktown garbage..
It’s not working… when your feeder base is an absolute disgrace that can’t win a game, how do you expect to be a competitive nrl side ??? It doesn’t work… we need to stump up the cash and play a manly sea eagles NSW cup team with players we see as potential nrl players… it’s not that f$&king hard a concept to grasp.

Ide rather see us wipe out 80% of this team, start from scratch and lose while we rebuild, as opposed to sitting on our hands and just being happy to be garbage year in, year out while making no improvements..

2020 anyone???
Screenshot_20220827-085527_League Live.jpg

Granted I've just woken in the UK to see another ****e score line so probably won't watch the replay.

Few points. We were much worse off in 2020 as far as performance and look at 2021. There is hope.

We are not as bad as the Tigers. We may have issues greater than the tigers granted but we have a window to aim for.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think ANY good coach would come here now. So sure sack Des and hire?????

If I were Des I would almost consider saying **** it. The owners, some players and some fans deserve the spoon so I'm off. Good luck....

But the guy won't do that. He will TRY to rebuild. He will try to win. He will try to fix the place. He might fail and if we start badly next year and are towards the bottom of the table by round 10 the I would say sure Make a change but history shows us Change can sometimes make it worse.

How many of you would accept the spoon next year and replace Hasler now with an unproven, untried coach?

“wE nEeD tO CaNcEl ThE 7 aNd GeT riD oF tHeM aLL” hahahah shut up 🤡

Geez some of you really hold grudges and are quite negative, imagine living with some of you lot. What a punish 😂

You do realise that we are legit without half our team? 2 turbos worth 2M on the sideline but yes let’s just blame everything on the 7 when there is players being thrown and mixed from everywhere. There is legitimately no team chemistry because these are not the normal combos.

Once again this place coming up with the goods. Love to see it

2020 anyone???
View attachment 22079

Granted I've just woken in the UK to see another ****e score line so probably won't watch the replay.

Few points. We were much worse off in 2020 as far as performance and look at 2021. There is hope.

We are not as bad as the Tigers. We may have issues greater than the tigers granted but we have a window to aim for.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think ANY good coach would come here now. So sure sack Des and hire?????

If I were Des I would almost consider saying **** it. The owners, some players and some fans deserve the spoon so I'm off. Good luck....

But the guy won't do that. He will TRY to rebuild. He will try to win. He will try to fix the place. He might fail and if we start badly next year and are towards the bottom of the table by round 10 the I would say sure Make a change but history shows us Change can sometimes make it worse.

How many of you would accept the spoon next year and replace Hasler now with an unproven, untried coach?

Yet The Tigers, Titans and Dogs all got new coaches in the past few years? We'd get a coach, EASY.

I know people will laugh at this but we are in a worse state than the West tigers.

This is as you said one of the lowest moments ever supporting this club I love and would die for.

And I think we are in for some very tough years ahead.

And to think des is keeping his job while finishing in a worse position than 2V's.

The great man I admire would be so broken seeing the club he loves like this.
We are not in a worse spot than the tigers.

“wE nEeD tO CaNcEl ThE 7 aNd GeT riD oF tHeM aLL” hahahah shut up 🤡

Geez some of you really hold grudges and are quite negative, imagine living with some of you lot. What a punish 😂

You do realise that we are legit without half our team? 2 turbos worth 2M on the sideline but yes let’s just blame everything on the 7 when there is players being thrown and mixed from everywhere. There is legitimately no team chemistry because these are not the normal combos.

Once again this place coming up with the goods. Love to see it
I like your positive post feathered friend but the fact is all season even with Tom in the first 7 rounds we did not beat a top 8 team

We have not beaten a top 8 team all season and this is why we did not earn a Top 8 spot this season

The moral of your excuses ....
Every team has injuries they are part of the game
Resilience and over coming adversity is part of the character in the playing roster
and this includes all 30 players and not just the 7

Yet The Tigers, Titans and Dogs all got new coaches in the past few years? We'd get a coach, EASY.
And aside from the titans last year 8th I think. None have played finals footy in forever. I don’t think the argument is if we can get a coach, it’s more about getting a decent one. As crap as it’s been here at least we are featuring in the finals every other year (compared to other clubs). This situation stinks but as another poster said we have a fair few out. This year has been the year from hell period. In saying that it’s beyond me why Des doesn’t throw sone youth in there. That bothers me.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8