Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Honestly sports journalism has changed completely in the modern times.

When RLW was in its hey day , journos had real stories , well researched , lots of interviews and always a great read.

Now almost no one reads papers or magazines and so to get advertisers to spend money it’s all about attracting readers online.

SO, the best way of doing that , a ridiculous , over the top story and headline almost guaranteed to get people to “ click “ to find out more and before they do there’s an advertisement!

Journos are just the scum of the earth now , only marginally in front of player managers.

Together with social media they’ve ****ed what we as fans really need , honest , true , factual , not biased , information.

NRL media is a joke. Particularly the Fox scum; Booze, Kunt, Bald Prick, Crawley. The circle jerk they give each other is pathetic, I no longer watch any of the Fox shows.

NRL media is a joke. Particularly the Fox scum; Booze, Kunt, Bald Prick, Crawley. The circle jerk they give each other is pathetic, I no longer watch any of the Fox shows.
Ditto , I checked out of all that **** a few years ago.

The whole lot is absolute crap.

In all the years, and its been 40 years of it. This is the very very bottom.

I have no appetite to cheer on the 7 - Aloiai, Koula, Ola, Tui, Sipley, Schuster or Saab
Walker, Tapau, Foz, Davey, Bullemoor (possibly) leaving.

That leaves:

Turbo
Jurbo
DCE
Parker
Reuben
Keppie
Croker
...and a bunch of Blacktown players

to cheer for.

This year has set Manly back 5 years. The club is broken. So sad.

#Sack the 7

NYEagle

I have no appetite to cheer on the 7 - Aloiai, Koula, Ola, Tui, Sipley, Schuster or Saab

That leaves:

Turbo
Jurbo
DCE
Parker
Reuben
Keppie
Croker

to cheer for.

#Sack the 7

NYEagle
I know people will laugh at this but we are in a worse state than the West tigers.

This is as you said one of the lowest moments ever supporting this club I love and would die for.

And I think we are in for some very tough years ahead.

And to think des is keeping his job while finishing in a worse position than 2V's.

The great man I admire would be so broken seeing the club he loves like this.

I fully agree with the OP and partially with Chuckee's post. I agree that Penn is also a major problem and I don't see us being a powerhouse club again anytime soon with him at the top. I disagree with the idea that the 7 are not an issue. Pig$hit. They are a major problem and that needs to be resolved otherwise we will have a team pretending to be a team next season.

That leaves:

Turbo
Jurbo
DCE
Parker
Reuben
Keppie
Croker

to cheer for.

#Sack the 7

NYEagle
Yes sadly I agree - I have no feelings at all of support for the Boycott 10. DCE has been terrible. Foran, Davey, Walker and even Tapau at least generally have a decent go and along with Garrick have been our best all year. Marty always has an error or two and yet we are letting them all go and maybe Garrick. Tippytoes and Koula have a longgg way to go to being awesome first graders. At the moment they are fringe... Tippytoes very fringe after his drop off in form over the last 8 or so weeks. I didn't watch today so not sure how Burbo went but he seriously is not up to first grade standard - a fringe player. Keppie/Sipley/KDL fringe players. Schuster on his form this year - another fringe player. Croker - a great workhorse but offers nothing in attack. Harper fringe. Aloiai is too busy coordinating the Boycott 10 and his form has also dropped off badly. Bullemor - fringe but maybe works his way into a regular first grader. What a mess!

I fully agree with the OP and partially with Chuckee's post. I agree that Penn is also a major problem and I don't see us being a powerhouse club again anytime soon with him at the top. I disagree with the idea that the 7 are not an issue. Pig$hit. They are a major problem and that needs to be resolved otherwise we will have a team pretending to be a team next season.
Agree with everything you say HK. One big problem is that players have all the power these days when it comes to contracts. We are stuck with the big 7 whether we like it or not. How am I as a fan going to find the will to cheers those arse&$les again, and at the same time, how are these 7 going to regain their enthusiasm when the club is broken from within. Over the last 3 weeks it has been crystal clear to see that every player has lost their will,.
People want evidence?. Just look at what happens every time there was broken field play, the team folded like a cheap suit. Des might have given then structure in attack, which they followed in the early part; but as soon as the ball went to ground and the structure was lost they all stood around and no-one wanted to make the recovery tackle. Take on top of that all the news and rumours of players asking for releases. These are very scary time, and unprecedented in Manly's history, just like the wooden spoon.

I'm really worried for the next 5 years, and beyond that the Trobjs will be at or toward the end of their careers - with nothing to show for it other than state of origins and dally M medals.

#Sack the 7 (wish we could)

NYEagle

That leaves:

Turbo
Jurbo
DCE
Parker
Reuben
Keppie
Croker

to cheer for.

#Sack the 7

NYEagle
try 54 years . this year 2022 is the worse.

Any DCE contract should NOT be renewed.
And I think we should keep Koula - Not the others.
That leaves
Turbo
Garrick
Parker
Keppie
Koula
Crocker
Jake
Des should step down. We have to restart the club. Pretend it's 2012 and scout for a coach over the next 2 months.
Well thought out. What has to happen has to be redical.

NYEagle

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10