Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Meanwhile, over at the manly HQ their intranet teams has a chat entitled “silvertails in crisis .. mega thread”

It’s goin’ off! Zingers from Penn, memes galore from the Fultons etc.
images.jpeg

Ryan.... he had a huge chance at the Broncos and ran them into the ground in less than two years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What am I missing? Give him a chance?????? and you people say Hasler is hopeless... lol lol lol give me a break!
I do get the concern given what happened at The Broncos. But some coaches just don't clique at some clubs. Let's give him a shot.

Remember, coaching is a team. He might bring a host of class, experience and fresh ideas.

I do get the concern given what happened at The Broncos. But some coaches just don't clique at some clubs. Let's give him a shot.

Remember, coaching is a team. He might bring a host of class, experience and fresh ideas.
yes mate - what have we got to lose - lets give him a shot like we did Barrett and spend more years in the wilderness rather than just two years when we didn't have Turbo... great idea!

Nothing pushes potential passionate supporters away

The fact is ...
The Basket case over the years the Parra eels supporters who we have a LOL Parra thread on here endured wooden spoons for 14 years and that has not stopped them from showing heart for their club and continue to be one of the most passionate and highest in club membership numbers .

The fans are the spirit of the clubs and will always be @HK_Eagle . Without fans there are no clubs so keep up the spirit feathered friend
If they cared about fans there would be more games in daylight hours particularly Saturday and Sunday afternoons…. And the grand final would be at 3.00 pm …. And there would be more games at suburban grounds … and kids would be allowed to run on the oval after the game to kick a football.

Just sayin’

yes mate - what have we got to lose - lets give him a shot like we did Barrett and spend more years in the wilderness rather than just two years when we didn't have Turbo... great idea!
Aren't you glad we are at least trying something? I'd happily accept Des back with two new assistants, Dailey managing the roster and pathways, so I'm not even against that.

That said, I'm also open to an overhaul, if it promotes cultural change and gets everyone pulling in the same direction.

What will be, will be. Wayne Bennett never played for the Broncos. Bellamy never the Storm. Happy to give anyone a shot. We don't know how they'll perform until we know.

I was also happy to give Barrett a go. Wasn't long before it was just myself and one other defending to be fair, so again, get what you're saying.

People hate the unknown.

BUT, there's literally nothing we can do about it. I personally think there are exciting changes ahead.

I respect your opinion, and get where you're coming from. I just hope that if the thing happens you dislike or disagree with, you just give it a go. If it goes belly up, fair enough, let's do something about it then.

Aren't you glad we are at least trying something? I'd happily accept Des back with two new assistants, Dailey managing the roster and pathways, so I'm not even against that.

That said, I'm also open to an overhaul, if it promotes cultural change and gets everyone pulling in the same direction.

What will be, will be. Wayne Bennett never played for the Broncos. Bellamy never the Storm. Happy to give anyone a shot. We don't know how they'll perform until we know.

I was also happy to give Barrett a go. Wasn't long before it was just myself and one other defending to be fair, so again, get what you're saying.

People hate the unknown.

BUT, there's literally nothing we can do about it. I personally think there are exciting changes ahead.

I respect your opinion, and get where you're coming from. I just hope that if the thing happens you dislike or disagree with, you just give it a go. If it goes belly up, fair enough, let's do something about it then.
bahahahaha - what an attitude - lets just give it a go and if it tanks - lets worry about it then.... we have no legitimate replacement plan - your plan is based on the quality or lack thereof of the coach we are hiring to replace the coach you don't like.. we are just hoping he might be ok because maybe he learned a lesson. Hasler in 4 years has achieved 2019 - 6th and unlucky not to make the GF...2020 - Turbo Injured, 2021 4th.... 2022 Turbo injured. What an aimless plod Hasler is.... we need Seibold given his record at the Broncos where they literally ran him out of town was impressive.

Meanwhile, over at the manly HQ their intranet teams has a chat entitled “silvertails in crisis .. mega thread”

It’s goin’ off! Zingers from Penn, memes galore from the Fultons etc.
@Shoe1 Hey pardon my dumbness mate, this seems like something that needs reading, is that Facebook/Twitter or something?

bahahahaha - what an attitude - lets just give it a go and if it tanks - lets worry about it then.... we have no legitimate replacement plan - your plan is based on the quality or lack thereof of the coach we are hiring to replace the coach you don't like.. we are just hoping he might be ok because maybe he learned a lesson. Hasler in 4 years has achieved 2019 - 6th and unlucky not to make the GF...2020 - Turbo Injured, 2021 4th.... 2022 Turbo injured. What an aimless plod Hasler is.... we need Seibold given his record at the Broncos where they literally ran him out of town was impressive.

What? In Siebold's three years of coaching (64 games, he lost 32) - so that's .500 with an AWFUL Broncos team for two of those. With a MUCH better roster at his disposal, since being back at Manly for four straight, sustained years, Hasler is (92 games, lost 46) - so that's .500 but you think one is a plonker, and the other one is a master coach? Doesn't compute.

Secondly, I haven't included finals results above (@Disco ), because that reduces Des "slightly" under .500.

Tbh, I don't honestly know how Siebold would go. BUT, I'd be happy to give anyone a go (the club has done an assessment on and feels could achieve something - they are better qualified than us at selecting a coach). So for me, it's a wait and see. I know you're upset about how Des is being treated, but I do think the pendulum swings both ways here regarding the issues mate - that's all.

Well I am sorry but I am just about over this club and I absolutely despise Penn. I am passionate - I am rabid Manly but I am sick and tired of the continual games and egos... first it was Bozo and Peters.... then the Bozo clan... now Penn and maybe the Bozo clan and Hasler. It is a complete and utter disgrace. Here is a novel idea.... I am sure every person on the Silvertails forum whether you back Des or Penn or the Fulton clan is sick and tired as I am of this absolute BS.... why don't we all write to the club demanding a stop to the pathetic school ground games and have someone - anyone focus on what is in the best interests of the club!
Well said, however I actually think its worse this time, because rusted on fans like us don’t get angry anymore because we are not interested in the BS its not worth it anymore. Penn is a scurge on the club and until he is gone it will never be what it once was.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8