Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
As I’ve said a dozen times , I support the Brand & the Logo. Players come and go , coaches come and go , CEO’s come and go , fans are the only ones completely rusted on.
Your Spot on

and to complete your spot on statement

The fans remain the spirit of the club and without the spirit of the club the owner owns a dead club

I think the coach does care, but the conditions that he must adhere to (if as reported), would test anyone’s resolve (see below).

These idiots, led by Penn, have apparently learnt nothing from the Barrett saga.

It seems Hasler’s greatest ‘mistake’ was to exhibit the moral courage that the Jo’burg Interim CEO (Wolman), and ‘Custard Spine’ Penn lacked - when Des fronted the media during the Pride jersey fiasco, on their unwilling behalf. He pointed the blame at management. Now he has to go. Another ‘vendetta driven decision’ from Penn.

He left last time around because he wanted the resources to keep the club on the ‘bow wave’ of footballing innovation to stay competitive against powerhouses like Melbourne and the re-emergent Roosters, et al. Penn was apparently the big financial stumbling block back then. Looks like nothing has changed.

You can see how the club has fallen behind from where it was c.2008-11. That’s Penn’s fault. Not Hasler’s.
well put Terry

Don "t think that it is very helpful in resolving this matter being more inclined to frame it into a anti Penn type narrative . If part of the problem is Des insisting that he has the main entitlement in selecting an assistant coach ahead of what the club owner and management grouping or other similar type of arrangements or demands , just would not be tenable or acceptable in any sporting organization or structure . Worse then just self interest or micro managing , really just plain ignorance and misguided self importance . All for giving Des some more time with the squad into next season but not entirely on his terms .Been a great contributor the majority of his Manly association but bigger then the club in general , just a ridiculous notion

What will be will be
And Manly will always be
Because of passionate Manly people like you @Brisbane Tragic
Well I am sorry but I am just about over this club and I absolutely despise Penn. I am passionate - I am rabid Manly but I am sick and tired of the continual games and egos... first it was Bozo and Peters.... then the Bozo clan... now Penn and maybe the Bozo clan and Hasler. It is a complete and utter disgrace. Here is a novel idea.... I am sure every person on the Silvertails forum whether you back Des or Penn or the Fulton clan is sick and tired as I am of this absolute BS.... why don't we all write to the club demanding a stop to the pathetic school ground games and have someone - anyone focus on what is in the best interests of the club!

Well I am sorry but I am just about over this club and I absolutely despise Penn. I am passionate - I am rabid Manly but I am sick and tired of the continual games and egos... first it was Bozo and Peters.... then the Bozo clan... now Penn and maybe the Bozo clan and Hasler. It is a complete and utter disgrace. Here is a novel idea.... I am sure every person on the Silvertails forum whether you back Des or Penn or the Fulton clan is sick and tired as I am of this absolute BS.... why don't we all write to the club demanding a stop to the pathetic school ground games and have someone - anyone focus on what is in the best interests of the club!
Sadly mate we are just sausage roll eating nufties ( in their minds ).

This is a corporate game being played with corporate stakes.

On this occasion we are meaningless.

Well I am sorry but I am just about over this club
Perspective time .

We may all be frustrated and disappointed with crisis in our lives and in our club

But we should never be over our Legendary club and life

As life goes on for the better pastures and so does our Legendary club

Always remember feathered friend
The Resilient never say die Manly spirt has been prevailing since 1947

One positive thought

Can change the outcome of our whole day

Think positive feathered friends

And have an AWESOME day :h:

Remember though mate. In the scheme of our existence all these things are relatively short term issues. The wheel WILL turn and good times are ahead. It's these down times, experiences and learning periods that enrich those good times too.

What I'm saying is just stick with it mate. I know it's frustrating. Change a few things here and there (or not), and we'll see improvement.

Remember though mate. In the scheme of our existence all these things are relatively short term issues. The wheel WILL turn and good times are ahead. It's these down times, experiences and learning periods that enrich those good times too.

What I'm saying is just stick with it mate. I know it's frustrating. Change a few things here and there (or not), and we'll see improvement.
It isn't frustrating - it is an absolute disgrace that Penn has driven this club into the ground.... at least 7 CEO's on his watch plus now will be 5 coaching changes. And to even contemplate Seibold - what an absolute joke. But this is what the sack Des people want.... Seibold... absolutely laughable!

But this is what the sack Des people want.... Seibold... absolutely laughable!
When the prodigal son came back we all hoped for a fairy tale ending to his illustrious Manly career with a couple more premiership wins

The fairy tale was not to be and it is a sad season ending for Des and the Club

But every ending is a new beginning that brings new opportunities

It isn't frustrating - it is an absolute disgrace that Penn has driven this club into the ground.... at least 7 CEO's on his watch plus now will be 5 coaching changes. And to even contemplate Seibold - what an absolute joke. But this is what the sack Des people want.... Seibold... absolutely laughable!
No the sack Des brigade just want some change.

By the way I’m not in the sack Des brigade but I think he’s had his time and the current situation is untenable.

With what’s been happening he’ll be scheming to destroy the club before he leaves , he tried it in 2011 and was partially successful.

Very sadly ( as there’s fault on every side ) this isn’t going to end well AND I must say he’s pretty vindictive when you cross him.

****ed if we do , equally ****ed if we don’t.

Can't disagree with any of that apart from the Siebold part mate. At least give him a chance before we judge ?

Can't disagree with any of that apart from the Siebold part mate. At least give him a chance before we judge ?
Ryan.... he had a huge chance at the Broncos and ran them into the ground in less than two years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What am I missing? Give him a chance?????? and you people say Hasler is hopeless... lol lol lol give me a break!

No the sack Des brigade just want some change.

By the way I’m not in the sack Des brigade but I think he’s had his time and the current situation is untenable.

With what’s been happening he’ll be scheming to destroy the club before he leaves , he tried it in 2011 and was partially successful.

Very sadly ( as there’s fault on every side ) this isn’t going to end well AND I must say he’s pretty vindictive when you cross him.

****ed if we do , equally ****ed if we don’t.
Mark... I have said before if there was a high quality coach out there waiting.. we should grab him to move on from this Penn v Hasler **** show. But the reality is there isn't and better a wounded and difficult Des than someone with absolutely no idea... the reality now is that Hasler will not be in the seat in 23 and we will be stuck with that absolute moron Seibold!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8