Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
True, Froggy doesn't need to over play his hand. However, you watch teams with nippy dummy halves - Penrith (Api), Souths (Cook), Storm (Grant), its not always about getting the ball out to the play makers. Whenever the forwards are getting tired they will often scoot out of dummy half and help keep their team on the front foot, keep the momentum going. And with today's go-faster rules, that brings the potential for more 6 again's which as we know can help a teams momentum no end.

While I saw Froggy as arguably our most improved player in 2021, we definitely could have and still could for 2022 use a good running game from dummy half. He doesn't have to run every set of six. Just run once in a while, maybe 5-6 times a game even. It would help a lot.
He should try after 20 minute mark when pigs tire

I dont think its a talent issue with Cust, more a defensive issue. Des likes a defensive 9 and Cust is a poor defender, its a shame because if he could defend with his attacking skills he would be a premier #9
Have a look at Cades stats this year when got opportunity his percentage for tackling was pretty bloody good so I don’t no what games u have all been watching

Have a look at Cades stats this year when got opportunity his percentage for tackling was pretty bloody good so I don’t no what games u have all been watching

Stats like that though can be misleading. What they don't show is how often he was the first tackler compared to being the 2nd, 3rd or 4th man in. Its easy to have a high tackling efficiency if you are the 3rd man in and others have already done the hard work.

For example, Sam Walker of the Chooks. According to the NRL website he made something like 71% of the tackles he attempted in 2021. But looks are deceiving. One on one he is one of the single worst defenders in the NRL. It even got to the stage where Robinson actually dropped him a number of times because he knew they were up against teams with players who would just run over him without batting an eyelid (like Tom did a couple of times in our Semi-Final win over them). But ... 3rd and 4th man into a tackle when most of the work is already done and suddenly his stats shot up like Dirty Harry and 5 bad guys in a San Francisco diner.

As said, stats can be very misleading.

Stats like that though can be misleading. What they don't show is how often he was the first tackler compared to being the 2nd, 3rd or 4th man in. Its easy to have a high tackling efficiency if you are the 3rd man in and others have already done the hard work.

For example, Sam Walker of the Chooks. According to the NRL website he made something like 71% of the tackles he attempted in 2021. But looks are deceiving. One on one he is one of the single worst defenders in the NRL. It even got to the stage where Robinson actually dropped him a number of times because he knew they were up against teams with players who would just run over him without batting an eyelid (like Tom did a couple of times in our Semi-Final win over them). But ... 3rd and 4th man into a tackle when most of the work is already done and suddenly his stats shot up like Dirty Harry and 5 bad guys in a San Francisco diner.

As said, stats can be very misleading.

Surely efficiency stats are not recorded for 2nd, 3rd, 4th tackler in each tackle?

Which he himself has possibly destroyed.

We all make choices that could effect our future.

He made decisions on friends and acquaintances that has led to this very point so if it does go south while a shame it will be throughly deserved.

I hope he didn't do what he's accused of and can come back a fulfil any potential I really do.
The big thing in his favour, is that he's only 23.

Absolute agree, I have been thinking of this. He surely could sue for damages and loss of earnings. How could he not? He was proven innocent. I also think nearly 3 years of stand downs for a player who still remains not convicted is wrong. And I mean any club as well.

Absolute agree, I have been thinking of this. He surely could sue for damages and loss of earnings. How could he not? He was proven innocent. I also think nearly 3 years of stand downs for a player who still remains not convicted is wrong. And I mean any club as well.
Did anything happen with De belin,he wasn't convicted

I see what you mean, but he is still getting paid by manly, so no loss of earnings to sue for. Courts are not very good at quantifying intangibles like the loss of playing time / career development / enjoyment.

Manase Fainu missing from our 'official' roster according to nrl.com

Think I read somewhere that he has a contract with Manly but NRL won't register it until they know the result of his trial.

I do think we can afford to go another season with a makeshift hooker. Froggy did a really good job and exceeded expectations and I would love to see a running hooker with a kicking game on the bench to compliment what Froggy does. The club is to be admired for showing loyalty and support to Fainu and its sad that this court drama drags on and on and there is yet another injury cloud. I think it would be wise to invest in another 9 to add that zip that the top teams have.
Spot on. Croker frequently inspired with his defence and general tightness around the ruck. Bring on a dynamic young ball player to get the passes away to our runners towards the end of the first half, and boo ya!

Spot on. Croker frequently inspired with his defence and general tightness around the ruck. Bring on a dynamic young ball player to get the passes away to our runners towards the end of the first half, and boo ya!
We have one in Cust. He is a running hooker with a good short kicking game but Des won't use him, Hope he is working on his defence as he could be an ace up our sleeve next year under the new rules!

I don't think he could sue for damages as he is still being paid by the club, also he had, and probably still has problems with his shoulder, so he would have needed an extended period out of the game anyway, so he wasn't really disadvantaged.
He has the option to have his case in front of a judge only, that would expedite the hearing, but probably on his solicitors advice he doesn't want to go down that path, you can draw your own conclusion from that, but if the case against him is flawed, then a judge would see it straight away, whereas a jury could be easily swayed to deliver a not guilty verdict if there is an element of doubt.

Wonder how Manase "s shoulder is these days and if fully recovered . Probably would have missed a good portion of his current contract arrangement with Manly even if he did not have his off field drama and was available to play . Long wait until next July , even if he is hopefully exonerated , can:t expect an automatic inclusion into the game day i st grade squad .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4